Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 81054 times)

Sammys_Tekkers

• Where's the cue ball going?
Re: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #1900 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 12:58:14 PM »
10/10 segment, well worth the wait. Emmalina is dead, all hail Emma.

Just hope this doesn't lead to more vignettes.

« Reply #1901 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 01:13:22 PM »
:lol: I feel like Emma didn't always look like that.

« Reply #1902 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 01:52:11 PM »
Yeah she's changed quite a lot. :lol:

This is from her original gimmick:

Spoiler

I mean it's not like she wasn't attractive but nothing like she is now :lol:

Sammys_Tekkers

« Reply #1903 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:05:30 PM »
As a fan of hers since she debuted, I can pinpoint the day she seemingly started to become really attractive was the day after she turned heel. No idea why, it just happened.

« Reply #1904 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
Watched it now, Joe interview and beatdown of Zayn is great, as was the Festival of Friendship segment and i wonder if HHH is getting an NXT stable together ? :lol: and the main event was very good also, crowd was f***ing excited for the Bayley win.

Not particularly a fan of Charlotte consistently losing the title on Raw and then becoming some unstoppable force on PPV though.

« Reply #1905 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
Watched it now, Joe interview and beatdown of Zayn is great, as was the Festival of Friendship segment and i wonder if HHH is getting an NXT stable together ? :lol: and the main event was very good also, crowd was f***ing excited for the Bayley win.

Not particularly a fan of Charlotte consistently losing the title on Raw and then becoming some unstoppable force on PPV though.

It would make sense if they tied it all back to when he helped Owens win the belt in the first place. Would be nice if they phased it in slowly. Have him bring in a tag team to win the belts and then have Nia Jax win the Women's belt.

Could have that 'nobody saw it coming' angle where he takes over Raw.

« Reply #1906 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:32:01 PM »
Only reason i mentioned it is because Joe obviously aligned with him and he was speaking to Owens backstage before the Jericho beatdown, i might be jumping to conclusions but it's something to think about.

They could involve Balor in it as well when he comes back, interested to see where all this goes.

Skeletor

• I joined Newcastle before they were mainstream
« Reply #1907 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:55:02 PM »
I think it works with the guys who took 14-20 years to get to the WWE because their loyalty to Triple H as the man who finally gave them a chance carries more weight.
'Rock over London, Rock on Chicago! Wheaties: breakfast of champions.'

healthyaddiction

• Jenova's Witness
« Reply #1908 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 05:22:15 PM »
Only reason i mentioned it is because Joe obviously aligned with him and he was speaking to Owens backstage before the Jericho beatdown, i might be jumping to conclusions but it's something to think about.

They could involve Balor in it as well when he comes back, interested to see where all this goes.

I am certain it's the angle they're going for. I'd love for Neville to be a part of it. He fits in with the dominant heel ex-nxt thing.

« Reply #1909 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 01:52:18 AM »
Really good episode, even though they randomly gave Bayley the big win here rather than at Mania. That was uncalled for.

I guess it's all about the Owens/Jericho break up which was funny and built up nicely to the list of KO. Partly gutted because they've often been the only reason I watch Raw, but it had to end sometime so at least it's getting a Mania feud :thup: Not only did Owens speak to HHH, but he must think Jericho had gone OTT with this friendship and felt the constant interference was making him a joke. So he snapped. Class stuff, especially the Gillberg cameo.

Skeletor

« Reply #1910 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 10:36:06 AM »
Nothing exciting from Smackdown last night. Quite a turn around.

« Reply #1911 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 10:43:57 AM »
Nothing exciting from Smackdown last night. Quite a turn around.

Ehhh the main event of Styles-Wyatt-Cena for the title? Was probably the best non PPV match so far this year.

« Reply #1912 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:16:17 PM »
This whole ehrmagerhd Randy vs Bray at WM!??! storyline would be far far more interesting if it wasn't an alliance of all of 5 minutes. It would've worked well for Y2J/KO for example. Or anyone with a friendship over the years. Rather than Bray and Randy who started their friendship after a million months of fighting each other.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #1913 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:17:02 PM »
(even though I'm pretty pleased bray got the win)

((though I would've been a lot happier if some c*** in here hadn't already ruined it))

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #1914 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:25:11 PM »
look its the strongest Bray has looked ever (?) and he just cleanly pinned AJ Styles and Cena (Twice!) sure there'll be the inevitable Cena humiliating him in a few months but lets enjoy a strong Wyatt while we have it

« Reply #1915 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 12:51:23 AM »
This whole ehrmagerhd Randy vs Bray at WM!??! storyline would be far far more interesting if it wasn't an alliance of all of 5 minutes. It would've worked well for Y2J/KO for example. Or anyone with a friendship over the years. Rather than Bray and Randy who started their friendship after a million months of fighting each other.

It's been an ongoing alliance since October, after a feud for a month.

Also I don't know about real life. But there was no indication of a friendship between Jericho/KO on TV before either tbh,  it was also obvious that would end eventually we just didn't know when and where.

That's not where the entertainment factor comes in, it's how they tell the story which have been pretty damn good in both cases so far.

Which considering WWEs usual inability to book long term storylines over many months have been quite the surprise for me.

« Reply #1916 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 03:09:20 AM »
October is inadequately long for me to care about their friendship. It's meh. Randy Orton is meh. It annoys me that this is the match that Wyatt will get at Mania. Probably 2nd on the card or something equally as nonsensical. And then he'll likely lose.

Skeletor

« Reply #1917 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 03:26:16 AM »
Rumours are it will be
Spoiler
a triple threat at Mania - Wyatt vs Orton vs Harper. There's a battle royal next week on Smackdown to face Wyatt which Harper is apparently going to win. Then when Harper is in the fold Orton will reclaim his Mania spot as well.

Would love a swerve where we think Randy Orton has been using the Wyatt family to get the title but then they've actually been working him.
« Last Edit: Friday 17 February 2017, 05:02:22 AM by Mike »

Skeletor

« Reply #1918 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 05:27:33 PM »
Raw surpassed itself in doing next to nothing in 3 hours. Epic promo by KO though.

« Reply #1919 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 05:32:28 PM »
That Raw going off the Youtube clips was literally the Kevin Owens show :lol: nothing else on the show was even approaching okay.

I'm glad they have finally booked Owens how he should be though, 7 months too late and he's going to lose to Goldberg but at least it gives me hope after that he might actually go back to the Owens he was.

Sammys_Tekkers

« Reply #1920 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 07:20:10 PM »
Is RAW ever okay when Emma isn't on the show?

« Reply #1921 on: Wednesday 22 February 2017, 01:07:54 PM »

I had no idea Bobby Heenan's condition had got this bad. This is distressing. He was a huge part of my childhood.  :'(

jesus!
whats his condition?

Skeletor

« Reply #1922 on: Wednesday 22 February 2017, 01:08:26 PM »

I had no idea Bobby Heenan's condition had got this bad. This is distressing. He was a huge part of my childhood. :'(

Skeletor

« Reply #1923 on: Wednesday 22 February 2017, 01:09:10 PM »

I had no idea Bobby Heenan's condition had got this bad. This is distressing. He was a huge part of my childhood.  :'(

jesus!
whats his condition?

He had severe throat cancer.

Sammys_Tekkers

« Reply #1924 on: Friday 24 February 2017, 12:22:06 PM »
TNA only went and did the greatest segment of the year last night.