Author Topic: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  (Read 77104 times)

KaKa

• Herping the Derp 24/7
  • me good at trades
The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« on: Monday 4 April 2016, 11:50:46 AM »
Love Wrestling to bits, me.
« Last Edit: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:42:14 PM by Mike »
Isla will apprently be a wing back in QPRs 3-5-2, so will have a chance to do some things in the final third, while being listed as a defender! ($$$$$$$).

Aluko will be playing upfront in place of Long, but is listed as a midfielder! ($$$$$$$).

I thank you  :smug:

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
Re: The Wrestling Thread - TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #1 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 11:52:22 AM »
What?
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

« Reply #2 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 12:13:16 PM »
Actually enjoyed the event up till Taker and Shane but it has to be said that the booking was horrendous despite all of that.

Not one of the results were the right one. I mean they might push Styles over Jericho eventually, Sasha might win the belt eventually and Ambrose might not be buried but surely this is the time to do all that not at Extreme Rules or some s*** that nobody will watch.

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #3 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:05:52 PM »
I thought most of the matches were good - some were frankly excellent - but the outcomes. The outcomes ffs. What are they thinking?

Still, Shane O'Mac. f***ing love him.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

« Reply #4 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:09:31 PM »
IC Ladder Match - One or two good spots, crowd started really into Owens & Zayn but why put the belt on a man who was taken off the main roster to tag with Mojo Rawley. In the last year he's probably been seen on RAW a handful of times and his win against Jericho last week was probably his first RAW win in months, he wasn't even supposed to be in the match until Neville got hurt. Where do Owens & Zayn go from here? Neither have the 'look' that Vince likes so neither are getting a push. If they were changing it and not giving it to Zayn it should've been The Miz, a genuine heel who could at least have a decent feud with someone. Ryder shouldn't even be the frame for the US Title never mind this.

Styles & Jericho - Too slow, Jericho for me can't cut it anymore. Heel Jericho is great on the mic and a very good character but he's done as far as being able to put on a high end match. The booking of the finish was awful, completely lost Styles any sort of credit to the general fan with the kicking out of the styles clash and again where do they go from here with either of these two. If Owens or Zayn had have won the IC match you could've then had this feud end with a Styles win and gone into a three way feud for the IC belt with Styles/Zayn/Owens.

New Day & LON - Should've been a DQ with Barrett interfering and then Michaels etc coming down after LON started to talk on the mic. Fine with Austin giving Woods the stunner after the whole dancing s***.

Lesnar & Ambrose - A street fight that consisted of some chairs and a kendo stick, two of the most over wrestlers given 12 minutes in a match thats possibly had the best build up of the lot. Very poor.

Womens Title - Best match of the night but then why spend all night talking about empowering women only for the winner needing her OAP dad to get the win.

Hell in a cell - Please no more Taker he's far too slow and absolutely knackered 5 minutes in. The cell spot was decent but again no surprises and a poor end to that part of the storyline, it doesn't really leave anywhere for Shane to go.

Andre Battle Royal - Decent winner with Corbin who Vince was always going to like because of his size and he can talk pretty well. Interesting with where they go from here if he has had the call up.

The Rock/Wyatts/Cena - Embarrassing.

Reigns/HHH - Reigns is so limited its unbelievable, just another really poor match.

4/10 for the whole thing.

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #5 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:11:24 PM »
Lesnar/Ambrose was really disappointing like.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

« Reply #6 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:21:10 PM »
s***.

« Reply #7 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Maybe we should just end the thread now and start fresh with WWE Raw. It's the best Raw of the yearTM

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #8 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:47:40 PM »
RAW's after PPV are usually half way decent tbh :lol:

No way I'm staying up till past 4am again though, I'll watch it at some point tomorrow.

« Reply #9 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
but u might miss the debut of balor/bailey/corbin/goldberg

« Reply #10 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
I mean I'm still gonna watch it :lol: Just not live.

« Reply #11 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 02:21:45 PM »
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/716892368188780548

They lied to us about the attendance record, even though they broke the Mania record anyway :lol:

« Reply #12 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 02:48:06 PM »
Just having flashbacks to that show. Oh man it was sooooo long and soooooo bad :lol:

They must've got a great deal on shovels because burials came from every direction. The battle royal + rock/cena combo was probably the worst thing they've ever done. Awful PPV.

« Reply #13 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:10:43 PM »
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/716892368188780548

They lied to us about the attendance record, even though they broke the Mania record anyway :lol:

Not surprising because the initial record is a lie :lol:

Wrestlemania 3 crowd was 70 something.

« Reply #14 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:31:08 PM »
Who was that lass they pulled out of Zumba class to sing Sasha's intro?  Should I have recognised her?

« Reply #15 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:34:27 PM »
Zumba is a 2010 reference at best brah. 2016 is all about SoulCycle.

« Reply #16 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:42:30 PM »
Maybe we should just end the thread now and start fresh with WWE Raw. It's the best Raw of the yearTM

:thup:

« Reply #17 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:49:41 PM »
The first post :lol:

« Reply #18 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 03:51:31 PM »
This will without doubt be Kaka's most successful thread ever. He will forever be associated with WWE.

It's quite the burden to bear. I've been ashamed of that Eastenders thread for almost a decade now.

« Reply #19 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
Class idea :lol: :lol:

Anyway, tonight is the real show.

« Reply #20 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
Class idea :lol: :lol:

Anyway, tonight is the real show.

Yesterday - "It's Wrestlemania. They can't f*** up Wrestlemania. They'll pull something out of the bag!"
Today - "It's the RAW after Wrestlemania! They can't f*** up the RAW after Wrestlemania! They'll pull something out of the bag!!"

« Reply #21 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 05:43:36 PM »
:lol:

Don't judge. :(

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #22 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
now that I've digested it a bit have to say wrestlemania went off the rails with the hiac, before that the matchs were at least decent (preshow included) and in the case of the IC clusterfuck and triple threat pretty damn good, but the hiac match was bad and I did not enjoy Shane leaping off the cell in the slightest, hell my one standout memory from that match was the look on takers face after Shane crashed. Battle Royale was fine I suppose but the Rock section was just a waste of time and a burial of the Wyatts. As for the main event, it was just a poor match. MOTN obviously womens triple threat.

« Reply #23 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 08:36:00 PM »
I don't think it went off the rails with the HIAC. It was what was expected and delivered that. Last hour was f***ing terrible.

« Reply #24 on: Monday 4 April 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
It was a solid 7 out of 10 before Dwayne turned up.