Rate our January transfer window

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Go.

Good

No more Colback/Anita (in theory).

Someone to play on the left that isn't a tart from Planet Soft Cunt.

English players are a nice change.

Got a striker, might work out.

Didn't sell anyone of note.

Bad

Same shit defence.

Pretty much relying on Doumbia scoring straight away.

Same manager.

Good

We at least attacked the market aggressively in a window where most clubs sit tight.

We made some decent if slightly questionable improvements to our squad.

Bad

They might not turn out to be any better than what we've already got.

a lot better than I expected, the fact the disaster zone that is the defense (we've needed a dominant cb for how long?) is repeatedly ignored baffles me but Shelvey looks a good buy, Townsend is an actual winger and Doumbia's on paper is promising.

Voted okay, but then when I think about it's probably leaning towards bad actually.

We haven't really done anything to secure us staying up, which would have been signing Remy or Berahino and strengthening the defence. We've got a good player in Shelvey, two unknown qualities in the PL in Doumbia and Saivet and Townsend who I don't rate at all.

Positives (aside from Shelvey) being that Townsend at least will provide some balance to the team, and Doumbia adds some much needed pace up front, how well we can use that though is very uncertain.

Guest Bert Shaft

3 out of 10.

Midfield has been freshened up, whether it proves to be an improvement remains to be seen, defence still woefully weak and understrength , and still a failure to sign a proven premier league goalscorer.

Never mind, "we tried".  :huff:

I've gone for fairly shite because we dicked around so much and ended up with an unproven striker who must have been 4th choice at best. Also lack of signing a centre back and left back was poor. While we have improved in midfield for sure, I just don't know if we have the goals in us to beat the drop still.

I would have sacrificed Townsend and Saviet for landing a proven striker and centre back if we could only sign 4 players. Austin was available on the cheap as well, just needed to pull our fingers out early Jan. Some terrible dithering and time wasting from our board on the vital positions. Shelvey was a good signing though, I hope it wasn't in vain.

I think Doumbia is the striker who will make or break this window. I have a feeling he will turn out to be a lot better than we might hope for.

Don't see him playing alongside Mitrovic unless we are chasing a game. think it'll be one of them with Wijnaldum in behind.

I think Townsend will be the biggy, not because he's that good (prove me wrong Andros, please) but we'll be balanced.

Bought in 1 of the 3 major problem positions and got a couple who give options so I'll give it a at max 5/10.

Doesn't come off immediately and it might put a bit of pressure on Captain codpiece in the dugout n all.

Pressure totally off Ashley now though, he's won by spending the clubs money is the eyes of the knuckledraggers trying to save the club once again from extinction.

3 1/2 out of ten we had 4 critcal areas to address at the start

midfield - we addressed the creative midfielder and winger part part but looks like we still have to rely on that abomination Colback

central defence - nobody come in

left back - nobody came in

striker - another gamble made

We will still continue to concede goals by the bucket full and will we score goals consistantly - I honestly don't think so

Good

• Shelvey can actually pass a ball forward
  • We've got someone to tediously compare Obertan's stats with
  • There'll be fewer "start Thauvin ffs" posts every Saturday
  • We've got a steady six months of making age-related jokes with regards to Doumbia
  • Perez's new contract should mean we can fleece Spurs for a couple of million more in the summer

Bad

• We're still not going to score any goals
  • We're still going to concede loads of goals
  • It's seemingly appeased a few fans
  • Jack Colback is still conscious

I didn't expect any defenders, although all our LBs are currently injured and our CBs aren't very good the club's view will be we have enough numbers in those positions.

Pleased we signed midfielders, although not convinced they're the right ones. Doumbia and Townsend are risks but could come very good.

Would say about a 6.5.