Author Topic: Making A Murderer  (Read 27296 times)

Incognito

• I am the eggman goo goo gjoob
Re: Making A Murderer
« Reply #50 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 01:59:33 PM »
Three episodes in and absolutely blown away. Can't believe what I'm seeing.

I've just watched the fourth one. Really cannot believe what I'm watching here.
It's absolutely mind blowing. And you're going to get even more gobsmacked.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #51 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 02:03:01 PM »
Trying to avoid spoilers but I'm into episode 6 atm and this is f***ing incredible.

Also, there's a reporter the camera keeps showing during the trial interviews and that whose face is just f***ing perfect everytime they try to explain away one of their bullshit lies. She's amazing.

Knowing nothing about this I'm sure the poor c*** is going to jail again like :anguish:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

ope

• palnese
« Reply #52 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 02:48:54 PM »
Watched three episodes so far. Only in America.

Man United haven't had this much of a squad overhaul since 1958

Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

« Reply #53 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 04:08:01 PM »
Trying to avoid spoilers but I'm into episode 6 atm and this is f***ing incredible.

Also, there's a reporter the camera keeps showing during the trial interviews and that whose face is just f***ing perfect everytime they try to explain away one of their bullshit lies. She's amazing.

Knowing nothing about this I'm sure the poor c*** is going to jail again like :anguish:

Her reactions were great :lol:

triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #54 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 04:17:31 PM »
Onto the third episode, fascinating stuff so far
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #56 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 05:21:22 PM »
Any other shows / series like this?  Binged through the lot,  hungry for more.

triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #57 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 05:50:56 PM »
The kid is absolutely monumentally thick
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

ope

• palnese
« Reply #58 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 05:52:10 PM »
The kid is absolutely monumentally thick

He's probably retarded.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 09:32:39 PM »
Apparently The Staircase is quite good as well, but I've no idea.  Only just shoved it on.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #60 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 11:54:10 PM »

Her reactions were great :lol:

Yes! So good

Sleep now in the fire

ope

• palnese
« Reply #61 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 11:56:01 AM »
This is an absolute disgrace. f***ing yanks.

Crumpy Gunt

• www.ajhsom.co.uk
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 12:03:40 PM »
Is it all about 1 case or different every episode? I started watching ep1 the other night but drifted off to kip.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 12:15:34 PM »
All about the one murder.

Spoiler
Just wondering here, do people actually think he's guilty at all but that the trial was a sham?  Or flat out fitted up for something he had nothing to do with? 

Personally found some of the stuff I've read since, not all that validating of his innocence. 

Incognito

« Reply #64 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 03:15:33 PM »

Spoiler
Just wondering here, do people actually think he's guilty at all but that the trial was a sham?  Or flat out fitted up for something he had nothing to do with? 

Personally found some of the stuff I've read since, not all that validating of his innocence.
I'm not sure he has the intelligence to do it and then cover up any evidence.

« Reply #65 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 03:56:31 PM »
Just finished episode 9 :anguish:

Sleep now in the fire

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 05:20:49 PM »

Spoiler

I'm not sure he has the intelligence to do it and then cover up any evidence.

Spoiler
Definitely agree with that to a large degree, I just can't see how he and Dassey clean the scene either.  That, then leave clumsy bloody marks in the car.  But, at the same time, there is still evidence implicating him or he wouldn't have been convicted.  You know, like, the bullet, which came from his gun.  He did buy shackles/leg irons and cuffs.  Dowsed a cat in oil, flung it on a fire at his yard, sounds familiar.  The transcript with Dassey and his mum in that article I posted above about Avery touching him up, what the f***. 

It's either a case of unparalleled victimisation from the police (which is not out of the realms of possibility at all), or there's no smoke without fire.  Obviously I disapprove if they fitted him up to ensure his guilt even if he was guilty, but I certainly haven't walked away from this series, like I have with others with VERY similar trials and convictions, being all that convinced by him.   If anything, I put more stock in Anonymous saying they have proof than his word at the current moment. :lol: 

Generally just thinking aloud about this.  I'm not casting aspersions on him or anything, I'm not sure either way and that's the whole point.  I think everyone is rushing to the conclusion he is innocent, rather than analysing the shambolic nature of the investigation.

Incognito

« Reply #67 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 06:08:03 PM »
His brother in law's reaction seemed a little odd to me too.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 06:18:43 PM »
Spoiler
Much like Serial, it's impossible to say whether he is or isn't guilty because of the poor/corrupt (delete as per your POV) police work. We can only ever view the case through goggles showing what the investigation team looked at. 

Whether it be the tainted evidence, the laughably coerced 'confession' or simply the failure to look seriously at other suspects, the shoddy investigation ultimately means that the truth can never be gotten with any reasonable degree of certainty.

It's often the case with these documentaries that there'll be evidence which wasn't shown that can make you think twice about the conclusion you arrived at after watching it but I've seen nothing that makes me seriously consider that I've been misled about the case. The shackles that Avery supposedly bought is one such instance - there is zero physical evidence that the bedroom torture scenario ever took place (which I find completely impossible), so the fact that he bought shackles (which I believe had no evidence on them either) is of complete irrelevance imo.

The cat incident is neither here nor there. It's an incident from 20+ years ago when he was a kid. I don't think anybody ever claimed he was a particularly pleasant individual. My understanding is that other people living on that property have convictions for domestic violence. Again, it comes back to his conviction meaning that we have to view the case via the question "Did Avery do it?", and therefore study irrelevant details of his life in an attempt to decide what we think, instead of starting from scratch and asking "Who killed Teresa?", something we can't possibly answer now.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 07:40:53 PM »
That's all fair, Wullie.  :thup:

« Reply #70 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 08:56:00 PM »
Just finished, one of the best thongs I've ever watched. Was completely hooked from start to finish.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #71 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 09:00:42 PM »
Just finished, one of the best thongs I've ever watched. Was completely hooked from start to finish.

Best Thongs. :lol:

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 09:03:56 PM »
Elliottman be like

Incognito

« Reply #73 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 09:05:28 PM »
That f***ing John Denver lookalike with Michael Jackson's trousers should be f***ing locked up for his part.

« Reply #74 on: Saturday 2 January 2016, 09:25:48 PM »
Shiiiiiiiit  :lol: