Author Topic: Making A Murderer  (Read 29728 times)

Incognito

• Get your hands off me you freak
Re: Making A Murderer
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 06:51:55 PM »
Why is the victim's brother such a public figure in everything?
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 07:14:02 PM »
Why is the victim's brother such a public figure in everything?

Really disliked him and found it strange that he didn't show any sign of emotion at all and made a comment about grieving for his sister when they were handing out the missing posters.

Just came across really obnoxious with blind faith in authority in those press pieces he was doing.

CFlan

• Hey, sprechen ze talk?
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 07:35:14 PM »
Re: the brother

Spoiler
the hacking of the voicemail stuff that he was involved in was bogey as f*** too

Incognito

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
I'm getting so angry with it all, but I can't stop watching.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 07:40:32 PM »
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

CFlan

• Hey, sprechen ze talk?
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 10:07:38 PM »

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 10:36:09 PM »
The f***ing jury :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html

Spoiler
The excused juror has said recently on Facebook/Reddit that after they went into deliberations and took the first vote, which had a majority of NG, the guy who was father of a sheriff basically folded his arms, shouted "he's guilty as hell" and pretty much refused to discuss anything to the contrary.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

CFlan

• Hey, sprechen ze talk?
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 29 December 2015, 11:09:05 PM »
The f***ing jury :lol:

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/29326359.html

Spoiler
The excused juror has said recently on Facebook/Reddit that after they went into deliberations and took the first vote, which had a majority of NG, the guy who was father of a sheriff basically folded his arms, shouted "he's guilty as hell" and pretty much refused to discuss anything to the contrary.

:anguish:

Incognito

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
This f***ing brother again ffs.

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 06:35:10 PM »
Aye he's shady as f***, same with her ex.
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 06:47:55 PM »
Aye he's shady as f***, same with her ex.

The ex who guessed her password by combing her sisters date of births? Nowt dodgy about that, let him on the crime scene!

Incognito

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 07:50:37 PM »
Finished this. Don't think I've ever been so angry or frustrated with such a program. Is this case or cases much publicized in the States? Surely the flaws must 've been well documented?

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 10:10:16 PM »
2048 earliest release date for Brendan ffs. Some kids his age stabbed a lad to death in my neck of the woods a few years ago and got about 14 years each.

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 30 December 2015, 10:28:01 PM »
Have absolutely blitzed through Serial and not far off finishing.  Outstanding stuff, thoroughly immersive and detailed and addictive.

Don't really like the look of the second series much, any similarly good such podcasts knocking about?

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 08:59:41 AM »
Have absolutely blitzed through Serial and not far off finishing.  Outstanding stuff, thoroughly immersive and detailed and addictive.

Don't really like the look of the second series much, any similarly good such podcasts knocking about?

In short: no. Not that I've found, anyway. I started Generation Why which is about murder/mystery but it's hit and miss depending on what they're talking about and the two guys are a bit douchey. Sword & Scale is suppose to be alright but I've not tried that.

This American Life by the makers of Serial is canny.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 09:12:30 AM »
The Central Park 5 and Kids for Cash are also quite good.  In saying that, it's pretty much all one and the same, pressure on kids, forcing out flimsy confessions.

Watch the 3 Paradise Lost documentaries though, then watch West of Memphis.  Not podcasts.  :o
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 04:20:58 PM »

In short: no. Not that I've found, anyway. I started Generation Why which is about murder/mystery but it's hit and miss depending on what they're talking about and the two guys are a bit douchey. Sword & Scale is suppose to be alright but I've not tried that.

This American Life by the makers of Serial is canny.
Had a Google before I saw this and Sword & Scale was highly recommended. Listened to a random episode and it was canny good so I've downloaded the first ten and am gonna listen from the start.

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #44 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 04:22:23 PM »
Nice one, let me know how it goes and I'll give it a try if it's consistently good. :thup:

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 05:44:31 PM »
Episode 1's really interesting, would recommend giving it a whirl if you have a spare hour, otherwise I'll report back once I'm further in.

« Reply #46 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 08:40:31 PM »
Sword and the Scale is good, the host is a little grating but fortunately he uses a lot of archived audio

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 31 December 2015, 08:56:40 PM »
Have found his voice being so similar to Chris Jericho's a bit off-putting :lol:

Otherwise I know what you mean but appreciate his enthusiasm.

« Reply #48 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
Three episodes in and absolutely blown away. Can't believe what I'm seeing.
Could it have feasibly climbed high enough to leave the atmosphere? ???

« Reply #49 on: Friday 1 January 2016, 12:50:52 PM »
Three episodes in and absolutely blown away. Can't believe what I'm seeing.

I've just watched the fourth one. Really cannot believe what I'm watching here.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt