Author Topic: EU Referendum - the Aftermath  (Read 464032 times)

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
Re: EU Referendum - the Aftermath
« Reply #15325 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 02:01:16 PM »
yeah, it's those europeans we need to watch, shifty c***s

Why not find a working solution for both groups to remain in their countries of choice??

Like some form of freedom of movement agreement?

That's not freedom of movement, this is protecting the rights of both citizens in or out of Europe.

Toondave

• There's a little bit of Toondave in all of us
« Reply #15327 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 03:07:54 PM »
The "Booooo mega rich booooo

-------------------------

THEYRE LEAVING. THEYRE OFF I KNEW THEYD LEAVE FFS BREXIT" pendulum swings.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #15328 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 03:09:48 PM »
Ofcourse the rich were going to stay, we are going to become an offshore tax-haven. :lol:

Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #15329 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
Perhaps one day we can be the next Dubai.

« Reply #15331 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 03:13:51 PM »
that article :anguish:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #15332 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 03:41:19 PM »
Why would the rich leave? :lol: they are rich and therefore have little to worry about anyway.

« Reply #15333 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 04:58:22 PM »
Why would the rich leave? :lol: they are rich and therefore have little to worry about anyway.

they'll be flocking here to get their taxes down and utilise the low paid workers that won't exist once we control our borders

Sleep now in the fire

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #15334 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:14:06 PM »
The rich won't leave in themselves, but their capital will or could.  Unless we do become that tax haven. 

I swear I'd be over with Britain and going Radical Indy if that's what we turn into though.  All jokes and vote-related-disagreements aside, that is a horrible direction. 

This is another thing Blair f***ed up, promised a referendum, then never delivered.  But of course, we don't remember these details, we just go on about MINIMUM WAGE, TAX CREDITS.  Like he was f***ing perfection.  I say this, as I agree with Ronaldo's assertion (from a few days ago, possibly a different thread) that we may not have lost the vote if he was PM/it was his era.  One day people will assess the damage he did in his time, and not gloss over it because he was, and I've said this before, a very good PM.  He still caused domino-effect-problems down the line.
« Last Edit: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:35:58 PM by BlufPurdi »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #15335 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:41:21 PM »
He still caused domino-effect-problems down the line.

don't they all though, ultimately?

Sleep now in the fire

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15336 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
I guess that's true, yeah.  Just, with Blair, he was my 'first' PM if you get my drift.  So many great promises made.  Then never delivered.  I don't think people accept the effect that had on traditional Labour voters.  Which we're still trying to battle.  Some just don't, possibly never will, trust Labour. 
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

OpenC

• You might still see them in the desert
« Reply #15337 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:50:59 PM »
Lords getting in on the turkeys voting for Christmas act I see [emoji38]

« Reply #15338 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:52:04 PM »
I guess that's true, yeah.  Just, with Blair, he was my 'first' PM if you get my drift.  So many great promises made.  Then never delivered.  I don't think people accept the effect that had on traditional Labour voters.  Which we're still trying to battle.  Some just don't, possibly never will, trust Labour. 

you're absolutely right like aye, remember my old nana feeling betrayed as f*** by blair though i don't remember why :lol:

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #15339 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:53:36 PM »
why are they bothered about the status of EU citizens when A50 is a precursor for certain WAR!

« Reply #15340 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
Well all the political manoeuvring aside it would be nice to get the issue sorted asap - it's a real worry for those of us living in other EU countries.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15341 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:05:28 PM »
Well all the political manoeuvring aside it would be nice to get the issue sorted asap - it's a real worry for those of us living in other EU countries.

I thought it was proposed expats could stay in their countries of choice?  Or we can keep our EU citizenry if we wish, or apply for it?  Or are all these things just merely mentioned in the press?

My best friend's brother moved to Barcelona about 5 years ago.  His parents followed, it was a big move.  Took the dogs, cats, the lot near the end of 2014.  Certainly understand the stress it's causing, but I'm hopeful the EU nations won't be as petty as we look like we're going to be.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #15342 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:28:13 PM »

you're absolutely right like aye, remember my old nana feeling betrayed as f*** by blair though i don't remember why :lol:

Off the top of my head, there's three promises that I'll never forgive.  A pact with the Lib Dems to keep the Tories out whenever possible.  A back door deal Blair made with Ashdown pre-97.  Then there's promised PR referendum.  The EU referendum.  That's for myself.  I think a lot of the older, traditional Labour voters felt betrayed due to the lack of reversal of Thatcher policies.  I'm not bringing this up to have the old TONY BLAIR IS DEVIL/MESSIAH debate again though, just, missed chances by a popular Labour government that could have saved us from a lot of this Tory-induced pain. 

« Reply #15343 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:48:02 PM »
Lords getting in on the turkeys voting for Christmas act I see [emoji38]

Have you been watching any of the Lords debates these past few days on the Parliament channel?
"Newcastle is a strange club and I don't know what else you can say about them" - Ferguson.

Incognito

• Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #15344 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:48:33 PM »

you're absolutely right like aye, remember my old nana feeling betrayed as f*** by blair though i don't remember why [emoji38]

Off the top of my head, there's three promises that I'll never forgive.  A pact with the Lib Dems to keep the Tories out whenever possible.  A back door deal Blair made with Ashdown pre-97.  Then there's promised PR referendum.  The EU referendum.  That's for myself.  I think a lot of the older, traditional Labour voters felt betrayed due to the lack of reversal of Thatcher policies.  I'm not bringing this up to have the old TONY BLAIR IS DEVIL/MESSIAH debate again though, just, missed chances by a popular Labour government that could have saved us from a lot of this Tory-induced pain.
He had the opportunity but chose to keep Mr Murdoch onside thus making sure he had longevity.

Gordon Brown and he did many great things but ultimately Tony's going to get judged because of Iraq.

I think history will probably judge Brown more favourably than Blair.
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #15345 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:51:05 PM »
why are they bothered about the status of EU citizens when A50 is a precursor for certain WAR!

Are you even trying with this s**** bait anymore?

Incognito

• Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #15346 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
I see Tebbit is the same rancid racist c*** he always was.

Government defeated on Brexit bill - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39133400
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

NJS

« Reply #15347 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 08:07:25 PM »

you're absolutely right like aye, remember my old nana feeling betrayed as f*** by blair though i don't remember why [emoji38]

None of the crimes of nationalisation, council house depletion, union emasculation or abandonment of old industrial areas through lack of investment were reversed or addressed.

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #15348 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 08:09:15 PM »
Ofcourse the rich were going to stay, we are going to become an offshore tax-haven. :lol:

We were all told everyone would leave.  Also the most important points in the article were about what they suspect will happen in Europe after Brexit...but no one listens to experts, right ?

« Reply #15349 on: Wednesday 1 March 2017, 08:47:24 PM »

I thought it was proposed expats could stay in their countries of choice?  Or we can keep our EU citizenry if we wish, or apply for it?  Or are all these things just merely mentioned in the press?

My best friend's brother moved to Barcelona about 5 years ago.  His parents followed, it was a big move.  Took the dogs, cats, the lot near the end of 2014.  Certainly understand the stress it's causing, but I'm hopeful the EU nations won't be as petty as we look like we're going to be.

Well everyone seems to be assuming it'll work out fine but until everything is agreed and finalised it leaves a lot of us living with uncertainty.

Longer term things like pensions will still be a concern - under reciprocal EU agreements you could transfer accumulated benefits back to the UK but if that were to change (either now or at any point in the years to come) I could be in a world of trouble come retirement time.