Poll

Well?

U2 McU2Face
16 (39%)
Where The Streets Have No Username
25 (61%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 383469 times)

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #10150 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:04:20 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-41153941
:anguish:
'Cannabis user' is just thrown in there at the end as well, as if it had any impact whatsoever on his motives.

it really annoys the s*** out of me that the british press is still demonising weed in this way when the rest of world is waking uup to the fact that it isnt as harmful as its made out, has medical benefits and trying to fight it is an expensive waste of time
It got strong links with mental illnesses, especially in younger people. It's not as bad as smoking or alcoholism for your health, but it can still do damage and it gets to me when people belief it either has no negative side effects, or try to claim it should be legalised because cigarettes and alcohol are legal.
Clearly we need to have a discussion about legalising it, but if we do then we really need to make sure people are aware of the effects it can have etc before the use it, something alcohol and cigarettes have failed in doing so.

The health issues literally do not matter.  It's a matter of liberty and free will.  No one is arguing to legalise heroin or LSD here (me, personally, yeah I think we should, but that's not the discussion), we just want to buy some weed that we're going to get anyway.  We're literally the only grown ups in the room, offering to pay taxes on a product that we currently get a lot cheaper than we would if it were legalised.  But yeah, please, tell me more of your vast fount of knowledge of cannabis, ignoring the other hundreds of millions of people telling you other things.

Nah. I totally agree, except if it is about free will and liberty then it has to include legalising heroin and LSD.

Well yeah, but one step at a time. :aww:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #10151 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:18:18 AM »
'Cannabis user' is just thrown in there at the end as well, as if it had any impact whatsoever on his motives.

it really annoys the s*** out of me that the british press is still demonising weed in this way when the rest of world is waking uup to the fact that it isnt as harmful as its made out, has medical benefits and trying to fight it is an expensive waste of time
It got strong links with mental illnesses, especially in younger people. It's not as bad as smoking or alcoholism for your health, but it can still do damage and it gets to me when people belief it either has no negative side effects, or try to claim it should be legalised because cigarettes and alcohol are legal.
Clearly we need to have a discussion about legalising it, but if we do then we really need to make sure people are aware of the effects it can have etc before the use it, something alcohol and cigarettes have failed in doing so.

The health issues literally do not matter.  It's a matter of liberty and free will.  No one is arguing to legalise heroin or LSD here (me, personally, yeah I think we should, but that's not the discussion), we just want to buy some weed that we're going to get anyway.  We're literally the only grown ups in the room, offering to pay taxes on a product that we currently get a lot cheaper than we would if it were legalised.  But yeah, please, tell me more of your vast fount of knowledge of cannabis, ignoring the other hundreds of millions of people telling you other things.

Nah. I totally agree, except if it is about free will and liberty then it has to include legalising heroin and LSD.

Well yeah, but one step at a time. :aww:

You see, I disagree with that, precisely because it is about free will. Legalising one drug will simply create a bigger problem with other drugs, which will make the free will argument even tougher.

« Reply #10152 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:20:55 AM »
Based on what exactly?
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #10153 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
I'm not sure there's much to back that up, Stan?  Legalising one drug is the step towards fully reforming the whole thing.  Not making even a single step forwards stops progression on all fronts.

EDIT:  If what you mean is it'll highlight a hypocrisy that we're free to take some drugs, but not others, then we've been doing that since Prohibition anyway.  If you know a better way of getting the ball rolling, do tell. :lol: O0
« Last Edit: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:41:59 AM by BlufPurdi »
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #10154 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
Should legalise smack first imo.

« Reply #10155 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 12:41:22 PM »
Hasn't Portugal's legalisation been pretty successful?
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #10156 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
Yeah, not quite full legalisation is it?  Just total decriminalisation?  I'm not too sure, but heard it has improved things.

« Reply #10157 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
Sorry yeah, that's what I meant. I'm not in favour of legalisation of everything, like. Definitely in favour of decriminalisation and damaging drugs being a medical issue though.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

« Reply #10158 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 01:55:02 PM »
I'm not sure there's much to back that up, Stan?  Legalising one drug is the step towards fully reforming the whole thing.  Not making even a single step forwards stops progression on all fronts.

EDIT:  If what you mean is it'll highlight a hypocrisy that we're free to take some drugs, but not others, then we've been doing that since Prohibition anyway.  If you know a better way of getting the ball rolling, do tell. :lol: O0

One step forward, two steps back when the criminal elements in control of the market are forced to deal in more dangerous substances.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #10159 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 06:11:05 PM »
That is a fair point to raise, but the evidence, for me anyway, that those who sell weed would then go on to sell harder drugs isn't there.  Those that tend to peddle weed do so because it, in relation to Class A's, is a lot easier to get away with.  It's a lot more community orientated as well.  Most dealers I've known that sell weed do so that the rest of their group has a source. 

Those that would be selling weed then Class A's were probably pushing harder stuff already. 

« Reply #10160 on: Sunday 10 September 2017, 06:15:49 PM »
That is a fair point to raise, but the evidence, for me anyway, that those who sell weed would then go on to sell harder drugs isn't there.  Those that tend to peddle weed do so because it, in relation to Class A's, is a lot easier to get away with.  It's a lot more community orientated as well.  Most dealers I've known that sell weed do so that the rest of their group has a source. 

Those that would be selling weed then Class A's were probably pushing harder stuff already.

Agreed, but they'd need to push that stuff harder in a market that they already control.

I'm not saying that every potential weed smoker is a potential smackheed, but just a small percentage would be enough to generate enough negative headlines to drive the idea that we, in fact, cannot be trusted.

We tried, and failed and we'll never try again.

TaylorJ_01

• Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #10161 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 09:40:04 AM »
I never really get it. If weed was legal, I would smoke it. I'm glad I don't, because it's f***ed some people I know up through overuse. It quite clearly can cause mental illness, not sure why people argue otherwise.

Likewise, if alcohol was illegal I'd probably not bother. Similarly, it's f***ed people I know up through overuse.

Of course, all these things would be fine if people understood moderation. But they don't. You know what I always say "if you can't moderate, don't participate, kids".
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Darth Crooks

• Full of Sith
« Reply #10162 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
My major gripe is it f***ing stinks.

• NUFC54
  • This house is bitchin.
« Reply #10163 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 09:53:23 AM »

Yeah that should never happen like :lol:

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #10164 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 10:10:49 AM »
See PewDiePie has used the n word on his channel

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41222593

TaylorJ_01

• Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #10165 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 10:13:39 AM »
Christ. Not sure what morons actually watch him and what moronic advertisers actually pay him for advertising to creepy basement kids. Wish he'd f*** off.
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #10166 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 11:27:35 AM »
Is Wowcamera a reliable site for buying from?
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

« Reply #10167 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 05:05:18 PM »

As someone who lives where weed is legal, I can tell you that there is no dramatic rise in other "harder" drug use.

All we got from legalizing weed was a s*** ton of tax money. Weed sales now crest $100m a month. The tax money goes back to our schools and roads.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
« Reply #10168 on: Monday 11 September 2017, 05:23:21 PM »
:thup:

thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃

• NUFC54
  • This house is bitchin.
« Reply #10172 on: Tuesday 12 September 2017, 10:11:29 PM »
This is mental.

This is f***ing unbelievable. What the f*** is the world coming to?
http://www.baltimoresun.com/features/baltimore-insider-blog/bs-fe-daddyofive-couple-sentencing-20170911-story.html

The couple behind the controversial “DaddyOFive” YouTube channel were sentenced to five years of probation on charges of child neglect in Frederick County Circuit Court.

The Martins received a five-year suspended sentence for each charge. Frederick County Circuit Judge Theresa M. Adams ruled that, under the terms of the couple’s probation, the Martins could not have contact with Emma, Cody or the children’s biological mother, Rose Hall, unless permitted by a court. Adams also said the Martins cannot post video recordings or images of Emma and Cody to social media unless it is for legitimate family purposes, and that the couple should submit evaluations and adhere to mental health treatment as advised by their supervising agent.

« Reply #10173 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 03:07:21 PM »
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/movies/jim-carrey-doesnt-exist-anymore/ar-AArQ1ys?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

Quite a strange but compelling article. Didn't know his girlfriend ended her life and since that point he's been a recluse. The video of him painting is odd. If genuine it's really moving in a bizarre way.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #10174 on: Wednesday 13 September 2017, 04:05:37 PM »