Author Topic: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition  (Read 321230 times)

wacko

• Ledge!
  • More poubelle
Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Reply #7800 on: Thursday 20 April 2017, 11:32:12 PM »
Take it I shouldn't watch those then :lol:

If you want to f***ing rage, you should.
Just realized you aren't Dave, dick. Now I gotta actually do s***.

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #7801 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 09:18:46 AM »
https://www.meridian-counseling.com/blog/2017/4/15/understanding-addiction-lessons-that-i-have-learned-from-addicts

^ one of the better summaries of addiction I've read, can see so much of myself in there. Worth reading for anyone wondering, I've found that some people in my life just seem to get it and some don't, and obviously it's the latter that I tend to have problems with. Progressively more able to moderate my own behaviour rather than other people's though, and life is definitely less tiring that way.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7802 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 11:33:39 AM »
https://www.meridian-counseling.com/blog/2017/4/15/understanding-addiction-lessons-that-i-have-learned-from-addicts

^ one of the better summaries of addiction I've read, can see so much of myself in there. Worth reading for anyone wondering, I've found that some people in my life just seem to get it and some don't, and obviously it's the latter that I tend to have problems with. Progressively more able to moderate my own behaviour rather than other people's though, and life is definitely less tiring that way.

:thup:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

neesy111

• Prontonise

Beren

• Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #7804 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 12:55:09 PM »

Really good read.

The dude is off his tits on italicised and bold text though. :lol:

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #7805 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 07:39:55 PM »
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/meet-newcastle-dog-cafes-furry-12928015

Why are people obsessed with eating and drinking around animals.
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

« Reply #7806 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 07:41:03 PM »
It's more to do with the fact that people enjoy eating, people like drinking, and people like dags. So why not enjoy them all at the same time?

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #7807 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 07:41:19 PM »
Went to a hedgehog and owl cafe in Tokyo. Was class tbf.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Fugazi

• Give us hell, Quimby!
« Reply #7808 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/meet-newcastle-dog-cafes-furry-12928015

Why are people obsessed with eating and drinking around animals.

One of the reasons I drink in the Free Trade tbh
NE28

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #7809 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 07:58:37 PM »
That cat is lush.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

« Reply #7810 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:00:28 PM »
There's nothing Owls love more than sitting in a cafe in the middle of the day watching primates have their lunch.

OpenC

• NN989989
« Reply #7811 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:08:07 PM »
There's nothing Owls love more than sitting in a cafe in the middle of the day watching primates have their lunch.
This is a fair point like :thup:

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #7812 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:11:48 PM »

:lol:
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

« Reply #7813 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:25:11 PM »

I genuinely couldn't give a f*** like.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

« Reply #7814 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:27:35 PM »
[emoji38]

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7815 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

newsted

• Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #7816 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 01:18:25 AM »
:lol: Last week I was watching the Leeds match and crept out for a half-time tab, as I do. Bear in mind I was in Liverpool, unfamiliar territory. Some Welsh kid was out there and asked where I was from. Fair enough, there were 3 Welsh coaches with a shitload of stags, hens and mentals, he could be one of them, but he wrongfooted me by asking how Notorious Tyneside Criminal THAT I KNOW was getting on.  Obvs I gave it a load of :dontknow:, but f*** off.

I went back to the missus and said "Heh, you'll never guess what just happened" and told her. She said she had to gan toilet, but did she f***, she looped around the bar and collared this lad outside. "What the f*** you doing, man? Leave my man alone. You try to sell him weed? f*** off." Oh, I didn't mention that bit, :lol:. Anyway, they ended up trading stories, high-fiving and whatnot, his bulletheaded boss stuck his mush out to ask how "it" was going, and it was thumbs-up. FFS, I was just watching the match.

And just for extras, a couple of fat f***s waddle into the bar 10 minutes from time, husband and wife, with faces that say they know they've been cheated, they don't know who by or what of, but they hate us all. Missus says "Jesus Christ, have you seen the clip of them?"

Ofc 96 minutes in fat guy goes "YESS!". Me: Leeds innit? At least now we know who ate all the pies.

:lol: More to follow.
:) Tomorrow's another day.

Disco

• Me reading your posts

« Reply #7818 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 08:34:13 AM »
I still never know if I've truly understood a newsted story and I love it. Always keeps me guessing.

« Reply #7819 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/bbcbusiness/status/855608488055197696

This isn't strictly true.

We had a coal fire yesterday evening as it was a bit chilly and we had guests.  Unlucky nature.

newsted

« Reply #7820 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 12:36:31 PM »
I still never know if I've truly understood a newsted story and I love it. Always keeps me guessing.

:lol: I'd be on for pages if I put all the detail in, man. I'll hyperextend the next one just for you so you can do your window exit again.

« Reply #7821 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:13:50 PM »

:lol: I'd be on for pages if I put all the detail in, man. I'll hyperextend the next one just for you so you can do your window exit again.

:lol: No window exits on the cards unless the story is set to a Rush soundtrack, man.

newsted

« Reply #7822 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:25:06 PM »
Last Saturday.

We finished our all-you-can-eat breakfast at the hotel, and believe me, I eat all I can, and Mrs n wanted to go and see the nice Cuban lass who works as a chambermaid there, she's known her for years. Actually, so have I, I always get a hug. I like tactile people. She specifically asked for a room on the first floor (that's the one above the ground level for any crazy forrins) where la Cubana works so they could have a natter, it's all good. So we stroll up the stairs and seek her out, and she's embroiled in some sort of altercation with a young mother with a bairn in a pushchair who is trying to get the lift (elevator, forrins) but they're all full of people from the upper floors going down, and mummy is yelling at Cubana to sort it aht (she's from dahn sahf). That's not Cubana's job, she can't do anything. Mummy's been there 25 mins and is at the end of her tether, she just wants aht. Areet, newsted's here. I volunteer to nip down the stairs and hijack the next car by appealing to people's better nature on the ground floor, hop up to the first, get her in it and straight back down, then normal service can resume. Right? I bet you can see where I made a mistake. :lol:

Back on G, I explain the sitch to the waiting crowd, and the front couple are fine with that, they'll wait a minute while I do my rescue. Great, the car arrives and I hop in and press 1. Then the couple behind are "Well, if it's just a lass with a pushchair, we can fit in too!" No, man, I'm going up one floor and coming down again, wtf? And then the next couple are "We can fit in too!" No, man, what did I just say? Then the first couple: "We were here first! We're getting in!" Then there was f***ing bedlam with people pressing 3, 5 and 6 and defeating the whole point of the exercise. I just about squirted out of the mob intact and sat there with the realisation that people are, as a crowd, as thick and selfish as f***. Again.

Still, I am nothing if not tenacious. Went to the other lift, first in the queue were a bloke and (I guess) his granny, who was pretty frail, clinging on to him and anything else in reach. Easy mark, he cares, and immediately agrees to the plan. Everyone else too, they'd just seen that shitshow from the first attempt. The lift finally arrives, and mummy and pushchair are in it. f*** me. She had the decency to thank me anyway, which was nice. Caught up with the Mrs and apparently mummy lost it in the end and screamed at people to get out of the lift and let her in or she'd f*** them up. :lol: I'm sorry I missed that bit.

I didn't mention her hubby, did I? Poor lad, he kept peeking through a door with sensible suggestions which she batted away, like "I'll take the kid down the stairs so she's safe and you and newsted can take the pushchair". NNNNNNNNOOOOO! She was unduly frazzled like and set on getting the lift.

Cubana was professional and smiley throughout, but off the record that was just another whingey customer.

Hyperextended version 4 wormy. :lol:

thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • Yo, f*** Oakland!

newsted

« Reply #7824 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 04:03:26 PM »
:lol: Next-door neighbour, who tbf is kicking the arse of 80, just lets his dogs out to s*** where they please. And it seems to please them to s*** in our garden and on our path. Mrs n has somehow been radicalised and splattered said s*** on his door just now. She's tried reason, so I fully support her initiative, but I'm disappointed she didn't smear it on the handle so his daughter and grandkids could kick off with him. Next time, eh?