Poll

What do you think will be the outcome of the General Election?

Conservatives win increased majority
28 (26.7%)
Conservatives retain small majority
59 (56.2%)
Hung parliament
14 (13.3%)
Labour win majority
4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Wednesday 7 June 2017, 11:51:33 PM

Author Topic: UK Politics: The Tory Years - 2015-17  (Read 568800 times)

Re: UK Politics: General Election 2017 - 8th of June
« Reply #23275 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
So anyone who has issues with Corbyn want to nuke people now? [emoji38]

Corbyn is 100% right about everything? [emoji38]
It's ridiculous how touchy people get about him [emoji38]

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #23276 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
All anyone does when people invade our air or sea space is write a letter or send a couple of ships on exercises. I'm sure he could manage that.

« Reply #23277 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:09:25 PM »
neesy hates corbs though :lol:
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #23278 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:12:30 PM »
I was only joking. :lol:

« Reply #23279 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:12:52 PM »
neesy hates corbs though [emoji38]
Does he?! [emoji38] fair enough.
Tory boy like?

« Reply #23280 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:13:21 PM »

« Reply #23281 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:13:26 PM »

Sleep now in the fire

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #23282 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:17:59 PM »
I'm I f*** a Tory boy.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #23283 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:19:55 PM »
I'm I f*** a Tory boy.

Er, okay. Bit personal but okay.

« Reply #23284 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:20:45 PM »

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #23285 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:25:02 PM »
 :lol:

f*** who you want mate.

« Reply #23286 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:27:43 PM »
utlimately if it's as close as some people are suggesting that set of c***s who challenged him and those who resigned from the shadow cabinet have a hell of a lot to answer for imo

If Labour fail to win against the curent Tory party after they have run a terrible campaign with terrible policies those who resigned are vindicated.
"Hello, Bobby," he once greeted his England captain, Bryan Robson.

"I'm Bryan," the skipper replied. "You're Bobby."

Incognito

• Get your hands off me you freak
« Reply #23287 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:28:01 PM »
Well that was an unexpected swing to the right
RIP gejon/cajun/ Jon Lockwood.

Proud to have made your acquaintance Sir.

« Reply #23288 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:32:21 PM »
utlimately if it's as close as some people are suggesting that set of c***s who challenged him and those who resigned from the shadow cabinet have a hell of a lot to answer for imo

If Labour fail to win against the curent Tory party after they have run a terrible campaign with terrible policies those who resigned are vindicated.

bullshit, total and utter bullshit; this campaign has shown that corbyn's policies are broadly popular and had there been a unified message from the moment he took over it could very well have been a different story

why do you think the tories are plugging the chaos s***?  because that's the state the labour party was in for over a year with centre-right c***s spitting their dummies out because they weren't allowed to be tories anymore

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #23289 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:34:03 PM »

bullshit, total and utter bullshit; this campaign has shown that corbyn's policies are broadly popular and had there been a unified message from the moment he took over it could very well have been a different story

why do you think the tories are plugging the chaos s***?  because that's the state the labour party was in for over a year with centre-right c***s spitting their dummies out because they weren't allowed to be tories anymore

It's never his fault. :lol:

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #23290 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
Regardless of Corbyn this election should've been a tap in and May's ludicrous presentation and baffling policies have turned it into a race. Still expect a fairly comfortable Tory win, mind.

:thup: she's been anything but convincing. That her personal strategy seems to be simply not say anything of note as to cause controversy is particularly worrying.

« Reply #23291 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:42:23 PM »

:thup: she's been anything but convincing. That her personal strategy seems to be simply not say anything of note as to cause controversy is particularly worrying.

I think she's been awful and her policies are just as bad as she is.  She clearly thought she could be as extreme as she wanted to be and get away with it, hopefully she was wrong and will at least come away from the election with a reduced majority and will be weakened because of it.  I'd hate to see her with an increased majority.

« Reply #23292 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:46:01 PM »

It's never his fault. :lol:

explain how it's his fault to get elected leader of the party and for factions within that party to sabotage his leadership and potentially hurt the party's chances of being elected?

they never thought he could win or even come close, so they didn't give a s***

he might well not win but to deny the impact of ther actions is wilfully ignorant

as for 'it's never his fault' corbs was losing me before this election was called if i'm honest, he wasn't 'leading' and challenging the tories enough in ways that were making a splash so he's certainly accountable for that among other things (continued support of abbott is a very poor choice when most of the electorate despise her, for example)

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #23293 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:46:50 PM »
TBH If Corbyn wins, I'd happily consider not leaving the EU as I firmly believe I could have faith in any deal he was willing to agree to. This belief is strengthened by the fact that he hasn't lied about nukes in order to win.

I'm not saying I would accept whatever he did without any critique, but I would believe that he had a vision for Europe that I could support.

« Reply #23294 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:53:21 PM »

explain how it's his fault to get elected leader of the party and for factions within that party to sabotage his leadership and potentially hurt the party's chances of being elected?

he might well not win but to deny the impact of ther actions is wilfully ignorant

as for 'it's never his fault' corbs was losing me before this election was called if i'm honest, he wasn't 'leading' and challenging the tories enough in ways that were making a splash so he's certainly accountable for that among other things (continued support of abbott is a very poor choice when most of the electorate despise her, for example)

Where did I say that it was fault that he got elected?

Corbyn has been a rebel throughout his time as a labour MP and maybe the MP's who quit didn't trust him, I've been actually told that by an MP who did rebel.  I do agree that they were also thinking about self-preservation but to put the rebellion down to that alone does nobody any favours and quite frankly, it makes anybody making that claim look daft.  I haven't heard a single person say that they will not vote for Labour because of the rebellion although I do understand that it may have put some off.

Mowen

• Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #23295 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
Easy lads. A few weeks ago when thinking about the election I got carried away and wrote a list of reasons as to why I think the current Tories and - in particular - Theresa May are a shambles. It was more to help me have an informed discussion with people than anything. Anyway, hrtbps on twitter promoted it and it ended up with a few hundred RTs and likes across a few posts.

Thought I'd share it in case any of you are interested or need to have difficult conversations to get the vote out or persuade people why the Tories are such a bad option at the moment. This election isn't a foregone conclusion but it's going to take work to make it close.

Interested if anyone has any feedback too.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10OwXKp4CrjLhjbu87hKZnmQke6ihOHF70D5OnusiJHM
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

« Reply #23296 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:56:31 PM »

Where did I say that it was fault that he got elected?

Corbyn has been a rebel throughout his time as a labour MP and maybe the MP's who quit didn't trust him, I've been actually told that by an MP who did rebel.  I do agree that they were also thinking about self-preservation but to put the rebellion down to that alone does nobody any favours and quite frankly, it makes anybody making that claim look daft.  I haven't heard a single person say that they will not vote for Labour because of the rebellion although I do understand that it may have put some off.

christ it helped create the negative narrative around corbyn for over a year, it dominated everything the party did from his first election past his second

how can you not see this?  neutral/undecided voters would have had nothing but that for the better part of a year, not long after labour were f***ed in a GE of course, than hearing how the party is in chaos and they all hate jez

incredible you're trying to justify it, staggering when we are where we are

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #23297 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:59:15 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but why do most people seem to think the Torys will comfortably win? Have I missed something? Nearly everyone I know is voting Labour

« Reply #23298 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 02:59:52 PM »
Forgive my ignorance but why do most people seem to think the Torys will comfortably win? Have I missed something? Nearly everyone I know is voting Labour

most polls/projections have them with a sizeable majority still, sadly

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #23299 on: Saturday 3 June 2017, 03:00:29 PM »

I think, they think most brexit voters will side with the tories, and the SNP will deplete the Labour support.