What would YOU do?

Keep him
51 (31.9%)
Sell him
60 (37.5%)
Depends what we get offered
49 (30.6%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Aleksandar Mitrović  (Read 573402 times)

Re: Aleksandar Mitrović
« Reply #8525 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 11:33:35 AM »
Only joking.
I really like Fenham Mag. Great guy and a very good poster.

Kanji

• PGA
« Reply #8526 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 12:06:01 PM »
:lol: fen the jokester
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

« Reply #8527 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 03:43:40 PM »
I swear some people care more about Mitrovic's career progression than us getting promoted.

:lol:

« Reply #8528 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 04:00:12 PM »
More people want him to be sent off and us to lose tbh.

:tobey:
Mums are the creatures that hold the world together and if it wasn't for your mum then you probably wouldn't have even ever been born.

« Reply #8529 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 04:10:34 PM »
I personally can't wait till he misses his next pen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #8530 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 04:56:56 PM »
That'll probably aide us in getting promoted, tbf.

« Reply #8531 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
Good tonight for me, held the ball up well and bullied Villas defence with an even temper.
United we stand, divided we fall.

« Reply #8532 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 09:55:13 PM »
He did canny without threatening, better

« Reply #8533 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 09:56:38 PM »
Changed the game for us, made the ball stick up front, winning headers and laying the ball off.
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

Jimburst

• Yeah Buddy!
« Reply #8534 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 09:59:01 PM »
Looked better with him on, for once.
A splatterhouse turd done in the manky toilets of a discotheque, brought on my the consumption of cowies or toot.

« Reply #8535 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:00:00 PM »
Changed the game for us, made the ball stick up front, winning headers and laying the ball off.

Basically. Never looked like scoring himself, but as a team we looked a lot more threatening.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #8536 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:00:38 PM »
Worked hard and helped the team. Not remotely a goal threat.

Ronaldo

• Is that you, Mustard?
« Reply #8537 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:01:49 PM »
To be fair, something wasn't right with Gayle from the start, so obviously his introduction improved things. He lacks any real threat, though, unfortunately.

« Reply #8538 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:03:30 PM »

Basically. Never looked like scoring himself, but as a team we looked a lot more threatening.
This.

The College Dropout

• The Look Of Satisfaction
« Reply #8539 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:04:31 PM »
To be fair, something wasn't right with Gayle from the start, so obviously his introduction improved things. He lacks any real threat, though, unfortunately.

Aye.

« Reply #8540 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:09:58 PM »
Begs to be played up front in a top-two, will be off in the summer.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #8541 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:14:23 PM »
This.

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #8542 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 10:24:12 PM »
In a 442 I really think we'd be praising the guy a lot more. Only snag is we're never going to play that way. Still, played an important part tonight.

huss9

• heathen
« Reply #8543 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
just no effort to get onto that superb atsu cross - would have been an easy goal if he just made a surge into the six-yard box.
john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;
"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

Newcastle Fan

• NUFC forever
« Reply #8544 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 11:24:04 PM »
He worked hard and threatened them, should start getting on the end of crosses though.

Kanji

• PGA
« Reply #8545 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 11:55:32 PM »
I'd probably just play Ayoze or Murphy over Mitro at CF this point, but fair play to him for working his bollocks off for most of the match and putting himself about. I do wish he'd score for fun as I do want to see him play brilliantly for us, the mad f***er.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United." - Rafa Benitez

« Reply #8546 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 12:01:09 AM »
I like Perez, but we'd have struggled massively today if he'd come on instead of Mitrovic.  We didn't have a single chance on goal until he came on, he might not be able to score in a brothel but he links things up and helps to create chances.  Preferably it should be two up front with him included IMO.
Rage and love, story of my life.  The Jesus of Suburbia is a lie.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #8547 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 12:01:15 AM »
He worked hard and threatened them, should start getting on the end of crosses though.
Possibly would if he thought they'd come in.

FWIW I'd play Perez with him if he's going to be in the next few games. No surprise Perez's best two games have came with Mitrovic starting. He plays that bit further up and off him and getting the ball facing their goal more often.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #8548 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 12:05:51 AM »
Possibly would if he thought they'd come in.

FWIW I'd play Perez with him if he's going to be in the next few games. No surprise Perez's best two games have came with Mitrovic starting. He plays that bit further up and off him and getting the ball facing their goal more often.

Mitrovic played well with Diame vs Derby mind.

« Reply #8549 on: Tuesday 21 February 2017, 06:20:34 AM »
Mitrovic was sh*te  playing in the game I saw, no effort, lazy and couldn't be ars*ed to even get into position or anticipate where the ball was going.