Best place to sit / stand?

Heron

In the Olypiastadion when Hertha BSC are playing?

Me and 2 mates wanna be near the atmosphere and experience it as best as possible and I tried to get for the Ostkurve but that's ST only.

So where would be the next best place? Ideally standing.

I'm tempted for either directly above the Ostkurve (but I predict that's seating) or behind the opposite goal (where you can see Ostkurve - again that may not be standing).

Obviously this thread can be used for other grounds once my question is answered... :lol:

Was there for the recent Bundesliga match against Bayer Leverkusen, and got tickets just above the Ostkurve. They were seating tickets, but everyone was just standing anyway (trying to keep warm as much as anything), and the attendance was so poor in that area that you could pretty much go wherever you wanted.

Ostkurve or as close as you can get. I've been in Block 36.1 and another one close by and the atmosphere was great both times. Got those through Viagogo though so they were a bit overpriced.

The opposite end is a "neutral" section, or at least it was when I was there in December, so I was sat amongst Bayern Munich fans, which wasn't fun. :lol:

Ostkurve or as close as you can get. I've been in Block 36.1 and another one close by and the atmosphere was great both times. Got those through Viagogo though so they were a bit overpriced.

The opposite end is a "neutral" section, or at least it was when I was there in December, so I was sat amongst Bayern Munich fans, which wasn't fun. :lol:

Sound. I'll probably just opt for one in the section to the side of the Ostkurve or above it then. Thanks.

The atmosphere in the kurve is something else like. Spectacular ". I sat on the half way line and basically spent the match watching the fans behind the goal.

Seen them play Stuttgart and was bang on half way and did exactly the same as you :lol:

Thanks for the advice people. We are (if you are facing the pitch) to the immediate right of the Ostkurve. Literally in the adjoining seats. So should be handy to get involved and experience it. Cannot wait. Even practicing German on Duolingo...