A letter of resignation.

MKSC

Dear Newcastle-Online,

I hereby tender my resignation as a supporter of Newcastle United Football Club.

As I type this it is 2:15am. I have been awake for a little under 23 hours and have just got home after driving 586 miles to take part in the protest today. On two occasions in the recent past I have told myself that I would never return to St James' Park. Today is the third. Three strikes and you're out. Although the reason for my decision, in stark contrast to the last two (unsurprisingly after the last two horrific home performances against Sunderland) this actually doesn't have anything to do with the actual football. This time it is because, in my eyes, Newcastle United is actually dead.

I am utterly ashamed of the people who go to watch the matches and no longer wish to be associated with them. Today I, and a good number of other people who volunteered to take part in the protest, were abused and threatened by their fellow fans. Some were even manhandled by club employees. I fully expected the club to be as difficult as they could be. Mike Ashley's regime is nothing if not ruthlessly efficient at putting down any form of discontent. So good in fact that they put even Stalin's USSR to shame. I wasn't surprised that they were confiscating banners at the gates. That is par for the course. What did surprise me was the attitude of the people inside the ground.

I stood for the best part of four hours handing out sackpardew.com posters. I must have given out well over 2000 on my own. Only once did someone give me any grief, ripping up the poster and throwing it on the ground in a self-righteous display of super-fandom. Everyone else who I spoke to was only too keen to take them. Good on ya, they said. Get him out of wor club. Give him hell today. Let's hope he goes after this. And so on. And so on. Etc. Etc.

So what the hell happened. Where did you all go? Without too much effort I managed to sneak in a large stash of posters and a banner. I handed them out around me. Again, people were taking them off me with relish. Five minutes arrives. I stand up, banner on display, look around me. Nothing. Nada. Sweet FA. All sitting on their hands. From where I stood it looked much the same story around the ground. A few people, particularly in the Strawberry Corner, displayed their banners but most did nothing. Then the abuse started. Sit down man. I cannit see. Sit down dickhead. Fuck's sake. I'll take that off yous. I'll deck ya in a minute. Charming people, one and all.

I've had a long time to think about this as my journey home took in no less than five 50 mph average speed check zones on the A1/M1 back to London. Today cost me around £100 in petrol, the price of my ticket, and at least £40 in food and copious amounts of coffee. It also cost me an argument with my wife and a sizable favour from my parents. The cost is, I'm afraid, just too high. I can't say I even watched much of the game with any degree of interest.

Over the last two years I've overcome a degree of personal issues and made changes for the better in my life. Tomorrow I start at University at the age of 33. I no longer feel that I have room in my life for the pain and hurt this football club causes me. Nearly five years ago I stumbled across this forum. At first it brought me closer to the club as I met real people and shared laughs, drinks and good times with them. Now I'd say these people are the only thing that keeps me going to the games. You know who you are and each and every one of you have been amazing. Newcastle United have been my only real weakness for some time. I don't smoke or take drugs (I'm not having a go IP before you start- btw, met your brother, he is class, great beard), I rarely drink, I've cut out a massive amount of junk food, a sex addiction would be nice but I think that ship has sailed. This club was my only real vice and right now I feel like, for the sake of my sanity, I need to give them up too.

This isn't some kind of flounce. I'm not deleting my account on here. I'll still be about from time to time, but I think I need to take a while to get on with other things. Mike Ashley, Alan Pardew and 50,000 idiots have killed Newcastle United Football Club for me and I hate them for it.

RIP NUFC.

Peace out. Much love to you all.

MKSC

Having binned my season ticket I watched it in the Cumberland Arms with a fellow abstainee. Almost gave it a miss, but couldn't help myself.

Three minutes in, someone sidles up....."sh*te him like". Another chimes in "Cabella, f*cking p*ss weak". No-ones enjoying it, but we're all here. WE are here.

Little bald bloke laughs when Hull go one up. Couple others join in but it turns out he's a mackem. "Whey, No-where's showing the Sun'lun  match!"... Have a bit craic on with him - ex fireman from Blaydon, turns out he knew my old man - Tynemouth station, white watch. "Divvent worry mate, never any botha in here. Pint?" More in common with him than any of those c*nts on the pitch.

By the end, everyones shaking their heads. Is it worth it? Cisse's second made me punch the air - it's instinctive, it can't be helped. Every godforsaken minute. Every achingly-poor match, every s*** season, every sub-standard player, every scheister manager, the snake-oil salesmen owners and hateful sociopathic sponsors....they won't outlive us.

Ashley and pardew drove me from the ground. But they won't drive this club from my heart.  Never.

:lol:  Aye, me brother's one of the soundest lads going, thanks for confirming that.  How the fuck you managed to squeeze "I don't do drugs" in there I dunno. :lol:

Nee idea what to say about all the rest.  We all make big sacrifices we don't want to for NUFC, spending time and money that would be better spent elsewhere.

Great post MKSC. I can honestly say, as a foreign fan, that I will never set foot in SJP again for years to come. I not only hate Ashley and Pardew but I've actually got a serious hatred for the cunts that populate that stadium after today. Bunch of dick heads. All my friends support Man U and they run cheap weekends to Manchester, great bunch of lads too on those trips, went with them last weekend there. I'll be getting my live PL football fix from that until I go to Canada, because SJP can just fuck off. I'm not spending hundreds to be surrounded by Pardew loving, relegation demanding, threatening cunts.

Thought this was going to be incredibly dramatic and desperate. It's not. It's incredibly well written and echoes how many of us feel. Heartbreaking too. I'm 32, married, with 3 wonderful daughters, apart from them it's only ever really being NUFC who I've loved unconditionally, and times like this hurt so much.

Under Souness it was the same feeling, but didn't last as long. This feels like it's never ending. It will end, of course, but there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel like there was last week, waking up expecting Pardew to be gone. Now the majority of fans are accepting draws at home to Hull. What positives have happened since the poisonous atmosphere against Cardiff? That seemed like the entire crowd turned on him, now nothing?

Ashley and Pardew won't be around forever, but the fans will. However much they suffer in that time together, it will be worth the wait when people come in who care about this beautiful football club.

Heard today that we played quite well yesterday, how embarrassing.

This pisses me off, because while we were definitely better than we've been for large parts of the last 12months or so we were not playing well and I don't get how some people can say we played quite well. We drew 2-2 to Hull at home thanks to fantastic effort by Cisse. We were by no means good yesterday and it's fucking evident that Pardew has conned a large part of our fans and really put the bar low enough. Can't believe there's genuinely people who buy into that shit. How some can be content with the shit served up week in week out is staggering.

Boo f***ing hoo.

I understand MKSC though, making efforts to affect something we all love, making efforts for the good of this club and then there are people who are happy to sit there and bend over for a billionaire and a fraud of the highest degree. The only time and first time I went to Newcastle I was told by a proud Geordie to look at the St James Park and take in what it means for the people of the city. Driving from Manchester first thing I saw when arriving into Newcastle was what once was the center-piece of this club, what once was something I remember even myself as a foreigner bragging about when talking about the club. Now it's all plastered with horrible advertisement and a dugout filled with pathetic ex-footballers who think they know a thing or two about the sport. It pains me to see that as a fan the entertainment that this sport is all about is completely gone from the club, I don't ask for CL every year, all I ask for is hope and some excitement back on weekends. I want to see us having a go at games, to go into St James Park and see it as our fortress where we used to rarely lose. Where are the times when other teams were scared of playing us? 

With that said, MKSC, I share your feeling and yet can't even imagine how it must've felt to put in that effort. So well done to you. Only clapping someone will get from me after yesterday are the fans who are trying to do something about this state we're in.

Again, 2-2 at HOME to HULL CITY and people were clapping. Had anyone told me 5 weeks ago people/fnas would be clapping a 2-2 draw at home to Hull after gathering 2 points from the first 4 games I'd not even bothered with this season.

The protests, like Salmond did, misread the public mood.  Most people just go to the match for a day out.  Upsetting for many but the truth.  This board is not at all representative of the match going public.  You will misread the mood on here....

Guest Rude Kid

Boo f***ing hoo.

I understand MKSC though, making efforts to affect something we all love, making efforts for the good of this club and then there are people who are happy to sit there and bend over for a billionaire and a fraud of the highest degree. The only time and first time I went to Newcastle I was told by a proud Geordie to look at the St James Park and take in what it means for the people of the city. Driving from Manchester first thing I saw when arriving into Newcastle was what once was the center-piece of this club, what once was something I remember even myself as a foreigner bragging about when talking about the club. Now it's all plastered with horrible advertisement and a dugout filled with pathetic ex-footballers who think they know a thing or two about the sport. It pains me to see that as a fan the entertainment that this sport is all about is completely gone from the club, I don't ask for CL every year, all I ask for is hope and some excitement back on weekends. I want to see us having a go at games, to go into St James Park and see it as our fortress where we used to rarely lose. Where are the times when other teams were scared of playing us? 

With that said, MKSC, I share your feeling and yet can't even imagine how it must've felt to put in that effort. So well done to you. Only clapping someone will get from me after yesterday are the fans who are trying to do something about this state we're in.

Again, 2-2 at HOME to HULL CITY and people were clapping. Had anyone told me 5 weeks ago people/fnas would be clapping a 2-2 draw at home to Hull after gathering 2 points from the first 4 games I'd not even bothered with this season.

I agree with what you're saying, I hate both Pardew and Ashley with a passion and yesterday's apathy was depressing. However, you don't 'resign' as a football fan, you refuse to go until changes are made, but resigning is not an option. Secondly, calling fellow fans dickheads and cunts because they didn't join in your protests is way over the top. Football fans are loyal to their clubs by default and both sides should respect the right to protest/support the team without abusing each other.

I thought yesterday's protest was well organised and fair play to those involved, but, the signs banners were pretty ineffective. In my day, we went round the bag of the West Stand and attacked the players cars and the police. Crude but extremely effective.

The protests, like Salmond did, misread the public mood.  Most people just go to the match for a day out.  Upsetting for many but the truth.  This board is not at all representative of the match going public.  You will misread the mood on here....

Sir Bob always said what would you rather do, go to the shops or the match. Frankly the shops are more entertaining than going to a newcastle game. No idea why people would waste their time/money going to newcastle for a "day out"

Boo f***ing hoo.

I agree with what you're saying, I hate both Pardew and Ashley with a passion and yesterday's apathy was depressing. However, you don't 'resign' as a football fan, you refuse to go until changes are made, but resigning is not an option. Secondly, calling fellow fans dickheads and c***s because they didn't join in your protests is way over the top. Football fans are loyal to their clubs by default and both sides should respect the right to protest/support the team without abusing each other.

I thought yesterday's protest was well organised and fair play to those involved, but, the signs banners were pretty ineffective. In my day, we went round the bag of the West Stand and attacked the players cars and the police. Crude but extremely effective.

Fair enough, but I don't think MKSC has really resigned, but just like with me and most of us on here he's done with the club for a while until it's back to what it's supposed to be. Quick question though, you find calling fellow fans dickheads and cunts poor form, but attacking with violence players cars and the police is fine?

Heard today that we played quite well yesterday, how embarrassing.

This pisses me off, because while we were definitely better than we've been for large parts of the last 12months or so we were not playing well and I don't get how some people can say we played quite well. We drew 2-2 to Hull at home thanks to fantastic effort by Cisse. We were by no means good yesterday and it's f***ing evident that Pardew has conned a large part of our fans and really put the bar low enough. Can't believe there's genuinely people who buy into that s***. How some can be content with the s*** served up week in week out is staggering.

This gets me too. It's the acceptance of sheer mediocrity, below that even, that I can't understand.

Guest Rude Kid

Boo f***ing hoo.

I agree with what you're saying, I hate both Pardew and Ashley with a passion and yesterday's apathy was depressing. However, you don't 'resign' as a football fan, you refuse to go until changes are made, but resigning is not an option. Secondly, calling fellow fans dickheads and c***s because they didn't join in your protests is way over the top. Football fans are loyal to their clubs by default and both sides should respect the right to protest/support the team without abusing each other.

Fair enough, but I don't think MKSC has really resigned, but just like with me and most of us on here he's done with the club for a while until it's back to what it's supposed to be. Quick question though, you find calling fellow fans dickheads and c***s poor form, but attacking with violence players cars and the police is fine?

I didn't say it was fine, I said it was effective. It's probably out of the question nowadays with CCTV and banning orders etc.

Not sure what the answer is in all honesty.

Boo f***ing hoo.

Fair enough, but I don't think MKSC has really resigned, but just like with me and most of us on here he's done with the club for a while until it's back to what it's supposed to be. Quick question though, you find calling fellow fans dickheads and c***s poor form, but attacking with violence players cars and the police is fine?

I didn't say it was fine, I said it was effective. It's probably out of the question nowadays with CCTV and banning orders etc.

Not going to the games I believe is the only effective method. Unfortunately large parts will as it's a routine or they like many others have said just want to do something on their weekends..

Good post MKSC by the way and thanks for all your efforts yesterday at the stadium. Hope to see you still on here though so don't disappear completely!

I've got a feeling the story isn't over yet. It won't be long before he that I cant bring to name right now will 'mastermind' a back to back run of defeats against average opposition and the heat will be back on him. And there's always the hope his touchline antics will end up with him launching a flying karate kick at the opposing club's mascot or something and he gets the boot after that. 

Guest Rude Kid

Boo f***ing hoo.

Not going to the games I believe is the only effective method. Unfortunately large parts will as it's a routine or they like many others have said just want to do something on their weekends..

I think you're probably right in all honesty and it's something I'm considering for the first time. I just think walking away from the club you love is a massive step, one which some find it too hard to do.

Cheering your own team to lose is miserable, being against those that cheered them on is awful and constantly despising the manager takes its toll.

The end doesn't seem in sight anymore. Newcastle United is in a miserable state, we're rotten to the core and this fan split will relegate us.