Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 24/09/2014 @ 20:00 League Cup - 3rd Round

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Mike Ashley probably wants us to lose. I read somewhere (it might be true, it might not be) that he wasn't happy with the strength of the team Pardew put out in the last round against Gillingham. Apparently Ashley blamed our first 11 players not being rested enough as the reason why they couldn't beat Crystal Palace.

Wherever you lie on the Pardew hate scale, surely there's nobody out there so disillusioned they'd want us to lose a cup game?

Indeed. Not like the cup run in 2013 became a brilliant get-out clause effectively deflecting criticism or owt.

Wherever you lie on the Pardew hate scale, surely there's nobody out there so disillusioned they'd want us to lose a cup game?

We'd just lose in the next round, might as well lose while the pressure is on, what little pressure there is.

We'd just lose in the next round, might as well lose while the pressure is on, what little pressure there is.

Aye true enough. :lol:

It's still our only realistic chance of winning something tho at the mo, and (even under this knacker) there's no way I'd give that up. No idea how many more chances some of us'll get to see. :undecided:

Your make mate Mike told me all the shite teams who do well in the cups go down and frankly I'd hate for the sports direct share price to take that risk with in obvious benefit.