3-5-2

Nepharite

in principle we have players who should be able to play it, especially 2 CB's who can play the sweeper role, but to answer the question absolutely fucking not

(would not surprise me if pardle tried it like, he'll have seen LVG succeed with it and think he's as smart as him)

Playing 3 in defence with wing backs has always fascinated me. I love the idea of it but it all hinges on the wing backs - any width depends solely on them. They have to be near-perfect.

Will we play it? No. The King doesn't appreciate new ideas that aren't from the 1980s.

Guest firetotheworks

Everyone happy with the 4-2-3-1 then?

It's more the manager, than any formation. With a different manager I would go with a 4-2-3-1 though, aye.

It does work, Juventus play this formation, and i'm expecting more clubs to use it over the next few years. It wouldn't work with us though obviously as we don't have the players and we certainly don't have the coaches for it.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm looking forward to someone saying that Santon would make a good right wing-back.

Every time we have played three at the back at the past it has been beyond horrific.

I remember being battered by Spurs at home under Sir Bobby playing three at the back.

Depends, 3 at the back is wasting if the opposition is playing with one striker. So we could use this against City, or Liverpool maybe..

edit. Don't have players for it tho