The 2014/15 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Is it worth making a World Cup specific betting thread and adding some of these offers to the OP? Seems like a lot of good stuff floating around.

Since we in general have tended to start the new betting thread a bit earlier in tournament years, why not do it this time as well? Makes for cleaner WC bet reading?

List of offers (will be updated as the WC approaches/happens):

Sky bet offers money back if Brazil win it.

Coral offering money back if Brazil OR Argentina win it.

Not sure if it's been mentioned - Boylesports are doing double odds on cup winner. Can get 6/1 on Brazil and 13/1 on Spain.

Brazil are 8/1 on PP and 10/1 on Betfair for new customers :thup:

GoalsMeanMore! Get a £5 Free Bet EVERY TIME your team scores in Brazil!

This summer in Brazil, we’ll give you a £5 Free Bet EVERY TIME the team of your

choice scores in the tournament!

Here’s how it works:

• Choose – Nominate a team of your choice for the GoalsMeanMore
    promotion.
  • Get – We’ll give you a £5 Free Bet for every goal your nominated team
    scores during the match.
  • Bet – Place a pre-match bet of at least £5 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or more on
    any market for a match involving your nominated team.

So if they score three, you get a £15 Free Bet!

And don’t worry: if your team gets knocked out, you’ll automatically be switched

to the nation that eliminated your choice or, if you don’t make it past the group

stages, your new team will automatically become the winner of the group!

This is with 888sport. Not bad.

EDIT: Just looked at this further. This is a fucking incredible offer. :lol: Am I missing something?

Paddy Power special: Bet £20 on a top goal scorer for the World Cup. Every time they score you get a £5 free bet.

Very good offer IMO.

BetBright doing the same top scorer bet with a 25 stake. Also doing one where you bet 25 on a team to win the World Cup and get a fiver free bet every time they win a match in 90 mins.

What offers are people going with out of those?

I love the look of the 888 "GoalsMeanMore" and PP top scorer ones, though they do require some skill with the free bets... skill I'm not sure I have.

Will go with the Paddy Power top scorer one I think. On Fred or Dzeko.

What's the money on Dzeko? There's a huge chance he only plays 3 games in the World Cup, must be better bets there.

What's the money on Dzeko? There's a huge chance he only plays 3 games in the World Cup, must be better bets there.

Has a shit group though, should possibly rack up 3-4 goals in the group stage. It it would give me 3-4 £5 free bets in the group stage, where most of the fun is to be had. Think Bosnia will advance as well.

Aye, I'm counting on him filling his boots v Iran & Nigeria, maybe nick a consolation v Argentina and who knows in the Second Round. 5 is a realistic figure for him though.

This guy's got jokes.

Guest Roger Kint

Also, anyone got any tips for Epsom tomorrow/Saturday? Looking forward to plonking myself in front of C4 again.

Marvellous should win well albeit at short odds. Canny odds on the Derby betting without Australia as well.

Has a s*** group though, should possibly rack up 3-4 goals in the group stage. It it would give me 3-4 £5 free bets in the group stage, where most of the fun is to be had. Think Bosnia will advance as well.

Iran rarely concedes goals and Nigeria are probably in the same bracket in terms of quality. I do think they'll advance but don't expect them to score that many.

Has a s*** group though, should possibly rack up 3-4 goals in the group stage. It it would give me 3-4 £5 free bets in the group stage, where most of the fun is to be had. Think Bosnia will advance as well.

Iran rarely concedes goals and Nigeria are probably in the same bracket in terms of quality. I do think they'll advance but don't expect them to score that many.

KaKa's not even replied to me yet, man. :lol:

GoalsMeanMore! Get a £5 Free Bet EVERY TIME your team scores in Brazil!

This summer in Brazil, we’ll give you a £5 Free Bet EVERY TIME the team of your

choice scores in the tournament!

Here’s how it works:

Choose – Nominate a team of your choice for the GoalsMeanMore

promotion.

Get – We’ll give you a £5 Free Bet for every goal your nominated team

scores during the match.

Bet – Place a pre-match bet of at least £5 at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or more on

any market for a match involving your nominated team.

So if they score three, you get a £15 Free Bet!

And don’t worry: if your team gets knocked out, you’ll automatically be switched

to the nation that eliminated your choice or, if you don’t make it past the group

stages, your new team will automatically become the winner of the group!

This is with 888sport. Not bad.

I think I've found my most used site for during the WC.

There's also another offer on 888.com by the looks of it. For every £5 you bet (over 1/2) you get £1 free bet. Up to £5 free each day. Not brilliant, but better than nowt.