Author Topic: Forum Awards 2013: Results  (Read 6312 times)

Re: Forum Awards 2013 - Results
« Reply #25 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 12:54:20 AM »
Me and SEMTEX tag teamed the s*** out of that.

Oakie though, mon.

Cracking effort kaiz :aww: well done all.

Honestly, I was very happy to be nominated for the award, but it's insulting that I would lose to that sideshow. Full on :anguish:

Which is incidentally the smiley that should have won.

I also voted 2-0 chelsea.

I seem to agree with whatever Disco said.

Also, thup to kaizero.

Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

TaylorJ_01

• Nearly funniest poster 2015
« Reply #26 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 12:56:56 AM »
I mean, we both got the same nominations and final votes for that, and get this, both prime numbers!
I am currently happy. Its weekend. Time to unwind after a stressful work days.

« Reply #27 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 12:58:20 AM »
:lol: I've got to respect that you can see the positive side of this, but I shall stick to my own way of dealing with hardship -  I shall bitch and moan about it until I cants bitch no mo'

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #28 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 12:59:26 AM »

Oakie though, mon.

Honestly, I was very happy to be nominated for the award, but it's insulting that I would lose to that sideshow. Full on :anguish:

Which is incidentally the smiley that should have won.

I also voted 2-0 chelsea.

I seem to agree with whatever Disco said.

Also, thup to kaizero.

:notbad:

Oakie Doke

• the friendliest of folk
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:00:08 AM »

Oakie though, mon.

come on guys don’t be bitter!

I'm very flattered to win. What people probably don't realise is that behind the scenes a lot of preparation goes in to the character of "Oakie Doke". I spend about an hour each morning writing limericks in my bedroom, before a quick work-out and a browse of the forum to get a general feel for the place. I'd like to thank Neil and Disco for supporting me, even when my humour hit a dry patch around autumn time, these were the guys who really got behind me and convinced me to keep going. Thanks also to an excellent writing staff who after five years have finally got some recognition, but most of all thanks to you, the poster, for reading this.

AS9 Oakie

« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:00:20 AM »
Think 21 each is canny good really, as the non-lazy choice. And also, when combined you're equally as funny as Oakie.

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:06:20 AM »
Voted for SEMTEX. Consistently funny, a lot of the time in a subtle dickhead way. Oakie tailed off sometime last year. Can't remember when.

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:07:11 AM »
Voted for SEMTEX. Consistently funny, a lot of the time in a subtle dickhead way. Oakie tailed off sometime last year. Can't remember when.

PM him for details.

LRD

• Wor Rafa
« Reply #33 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:09:20 AM »
Froggy's chili-eating couldn't even draw him close to the colossus that is Neil.

Time to think of more innovative dares, marra.
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
« Reply #34 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:11:05 AM »
:lol: I think I voted for Neil for best overall poster. Him, Rich and Dave. Never expected to get close to him. I'll see if I can maintain second without doing anything daft this year. :lol:

« Reply #35 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:13:39 AM »
Neil is the gentleman of the forum, really, immense bloke.

To get second as an Irish Man Utd fan you're doing alright :laugh:

« Reply #36 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:16:04 AM »

:lol: Thanks man. Means a lot.

LRD

• Wor Rafa
« Reply #37 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:20:10 AM »
'Funny in a subtle dickhead way' :lol:
"What is a club in any case?
Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love." – Sir Bobby Robson

Woah I'm everywhere

Re: Forum Awards 2013: Results
« Reply #38 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
Semtex and Taylor come off as more organic, Oakie's whole thing is shtick. I imagine Taylor talks in doge style in his everyday life.

« Reply #39 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 02:06:13 AM »
Only 7 others voted 2-0 v Chelsea, f***ing hell.

Cracking work Kaizero.

Most knowledgable :anguish: (<how'd this little f***er not win?)

So who were the other six then?  Stand up and be counted. 

That was easily the match of the year for me.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #40 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 02:06:53 AM »
Also, congrats to Ian W for not taking home any of the awards he was up for.  Doesn't deserve those labels.  Top poster.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #41 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 03:25:09 AM »
Congratulations to all the winners. Incredible how even things were in some of the categories like. Well done Kaiz as well, doing much better without me :aww:

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #42 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 03:33:52 AM »
Thanks again Kaiz, top job.

Thanks to anyone who voted for me, appreciate it. Mind, unsure how many of these there have been but IIRC that's not the first Non Toon Poster award I've picked up (thank you all, 'tis a privilege) and to think Brummie hasn't yet won it, from memory anyway, is nothing short of absurd IMO. So this is for you, Paul Lambert.

Congrats to other other-club supporters on here, think you're all to a man top posters. Even George Costanza, the RS t***.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Neil

« Reply #43 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 03:35:50 AM »
Oh and I'd dare say Beren was the biggest winner from my votes so I'm glad to see he deservedly scooped Best Football Poster.

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #44 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 03:41:20 AM »
You won it last year as well, some achievements considering how excellent brummie was with his mackem posts when MON was there.

Neil

« Reply #45 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 03:48:42 AM »
Precisely. :thup:

Btw Interpolic, I quietly hope you nominated my Bob Marley/Yao Ming post at some point, one of not many things on here I'm genuinely proud of. :lol:

« Reply #46 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 04:01:27 AM »
:lol: I remember being delighted that there was a Bob Marley yao, and thought that was the dunk, I didn't know it was the lob.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #47 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 07:10:35 AM »
Best Post of the Year 2 years running. :lol:

Beren

• Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #48 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 07:23:05 AM »
Oh and I'd dare say Beren was the biggest winner from my votes so I'm glad to see he deservedly scooped Best Football Poster.

:aww:

I wrote out my nominations and you and Tooj were up for a fair few, but I changed it around so I wasn't voting for any poster in more than one category. Also threw in Rich, Disco, Sewelly, HighFive, B-More Mag, Froggy and others.

Still can't believe Kaiz enjoys the administration of the awards :laugh:

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #49 on: Friday 10 January 2014, 08:19:18 AM »
Precisely. :thup:

Btw Interpolic, I quietly hope you nominated my Bob Marley/Yao Ming post at some point, one of not many things on here I'm genuinely proud of. :lol:

:lol: Aye, nominated that as it was almost godly.  Think the others I nominated were Jack Flash's Danny Baker thing and Hans' saying his mam had fallen down the stairs.  Difficult category to nominate for as there are pages and pages of good stuff in that thread.