Author Topic: Daft questions Thread  (Read 678050 times)

Darth Crooks

• Full of Sith
Re: Daft questions Thread
« Reply #22425 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 05:58:14 PM »
Read that in the Frink voice.

Kaizero

• You don’t deserve this big Toblerone.
« Reply #22426 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 05:59:14 PM »
"That's the joke" is the most misused reference. Actually a pet hate to see it used.

His delivery is so bad he's forced to signal to the audience that the joke has ended. He's not correcting someone who didn't get the joke.

That's the joke.
Good thing I brought my vape.

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #22427 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
Boo-urns

« Reply #22428 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
Look for the earliest Futurama reference and I imagine the latest Simpsons reference will be around that time too.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

« Reply #22429 on: Saturday 18 February 2017, 07:54:41 AM »
I often wonder about the Simpsons, I used to watch it all the time but the last episode I remember watching was Pinchy the lobster which was absolutely ages ago. I thought it was declining then and stopped watching yet it's still going isn't it? Suppose I watched the film as well actually.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #22430 on: Saturday 18 February 2017, 08:24:44 AM »
I often wonder about the Simpsons, I used to watch it all the time but the last episode I remember watching was Pinchy the lobster which was absolutely ages ago. I thought it was declining then and stopped watching yet it's still going isn't it? Suppose I watched the film as well actually.
I wonder if you'd never seen it before and the you of then watched one of the later episodes for the first time what you'd make of it ? I've never watched it religiously like some and can't really tell the difference between earlier and later episodes except by the artwork of the very early episodes.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #22431 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:14:36 PM »

You've nailed it basically. Pinchy the Lobster was Season 10 which is around the point where the show didn't so much go downhill as drop like a stone.

I consider myself an absolutely massive Simpsons fan, and I stopped watching around Season 12. They're up to 28 now.
Jeff's Garage - Cheaper than some other garages.

« Reply #22432 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:17:08 PM »

You've nailed it basically. Pinchy the Lobster was Season 10 which is around the point where the show didn't so much go downhill as drop like a stone.

I consider myself an absolutely massive Simpsons fan, and I stopped watching around Season 12. They're up to 28 now.
Yeah I thought Pinchy was 11 so not far off then. 28 now, f***s sake.

Sleep now in the fire

• NUFC54
  • 01001000 01101001
« Reply #22433 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:29:30 PM »

Yeah I thought Pinchy was 11 so not far off then. 28 now, f***s sake.
It's been renewed up till season 30 as well. 620 episodes so far.
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

Shay's Given Tim Flowers

• Stephen f***ing Hawkinson
« Reply #22434 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:29:43 PM »
My Mum told me her and Dad were seperating halfway through the Simpsons film. It was bad before that happened.

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #22435 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:33:34 PM »
I thought the general marker for when it started to go down hill was after that awful Principal Skinner episode.

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #22436 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:35:42 PM »
I thought the general marker for when it started to go down hill was after that awful Principal Skinner episode.

Aye I was going to say the same but didn't think Mojo would be that interested in such specific Simpsons geekness. :lol: S9E2 for the record.

« Reply #22437 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:37:33 PM »

Aye I was going to say the same but didn't think Mojo would be that interested in such specific Simpsons geekness. :lol: S9E2 for the record.

That ep was like watching Tyson fumbling for his mouthguard.

« Reply #22438 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
My lasses laptop is canny slow and looking at it it only has 4gb of RAM running Windows 10. I was going to upgrade it to 8gb but it's only a pentium. Will that handle 8gb okay compared to say an i5?
Gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme some Ganja!

« Reply #22439 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
What's the most recent widely used Simpson's reference? What was the cut off point? Are there people out there quoting season 26 or whatever it's on now?

Meh?

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #22440 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:45:12 PM »
My lasses laptop is canny slow and looking at it it only has 4gb of RAM running Windows 10. I was going to upgrade it to 8gb but it's only a pentium. Will that handle 8gb okay compared to say an i5?

Don't bother, get an SSD instead.

B-more Mag

• ALL RISE FOR THE 2017 WORLD SERIES MVP
« Reply #22441 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:47:19 PM »
Armin Tamzarian :anguish:

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #22442 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:47:30 PM »

Aye I was going to say the same but didn't think Mojo would be that interested in such specific Simpsons geekness. [emoji38] S9E2 for the record.
I remember them killing off Maude was a terrible episode too but I presume that was long after season 9

Wullie

• Administrator
« Reply #22443 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:49:12 PM »

Aye I was going to say the same but didn't think Mojo would be that interested in such specific Simpsons geekness. [emoji38] S9E2 for the record.
I remember them killing off Maude was a terrible episode too but I presume that was long after season 9

S11.

Armin Tamzarian :anguish:

Only just learned he took the name from a real person: http://asbarez.com/117078/gov-brown-appoints-armen-tamzarian-to-la-county-superior-court/

« Reply #22444 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:51:59 PM »

Would that actually help with it's working speed, like? I know start up would be dramatically improved.

« Reply #22445 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 10:54:49 PM »

As stated thought it was on the slide, Pinchy was the end for me

Sleep now in the fire

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #22446 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 11:49:10 PM »

Would that actually help with it's working speed, like? I know start up would be dramatically improved.

Everything will benefit, much more than it would with the RAM upgrade anyway. Unless she's mad on multi-tasking, 4GB should be plenty.

It's added loads more life to my laptop, which is a T4300 Pentium dual core with 4GB of RAM.

« Reply #22447 on: Sunday 19 February 2017, 11:54:08 PM »
Okay, cheers. I just know Win10 uses a s*** load of RAM but if the money is better spent elsewhere then I'll do that :thup:

« Reply #22448 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 12:50:35 AM »
Simpsons is on season 28 now? Jesus. I was about the perfect age for it - was at college first time round during its peak. I actually attribute about 4% of me dropping out to the Simpsons.

Christ, I'm old. And so is The Simpsons.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #22449 on: Monday 20 February 2017, 01:13:19 AM »
Anyone here still watch the Simpsons? Someone told me recently that it had begun to pick up in quality again in the last few seasons but not sure if that's true
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"