Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 645713 times)

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
Re: Film You Didn't Recently Watch
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 12:24:41 AM »
Well, that probably goes down as the single dumbest film I've ever seen :lol: Think I actually supported the nazis, at least they had some decent people :lol:

:lol: The snobs on this goddamn board.
I didn't say that I didn't like it (I'm not sure what to make of it). You can't deny that it's ridiculously f***ing stupid though, however much you may have enjoyed it.

« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 12:44:03 AM »
Watching Stolen on BBC1. Normally a film based on a true story grips me pretty easily but just can't get into it.

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 12:49:42 AM »
This lead woman is so f***ing wooden it's unreal. I'm waiting for her to be part of the kidnap plot, not a single bit of warmth towards her.

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 01:13:25 AM »
Genuinely more sad at that poor gorgeous dog that just got beaten to death than the kid who got kidnapped. :(

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:12:47 AM »
The Avengers - First time since the cinema and it's still class, so many punch the air moments.

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:17:43 AM »
Apocalypse Now for the first time in years. Ridiculously good.

LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • Resident Star Wars Nut. Also Book w*****.
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:20:34 AM »
The Avengers - First time since the cinema and it's still class, so many punch the air moments.

Getting this on Friday :) Loved it at the cinema.

BrettNUFC

• Most Boring Poster 2013
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:34:20 AM »
Open Range - Decent enough western, bit slow at times, but more heart warming than all out action. 6/10.

Dead Man Walking - Was expecting a sort of film like 'The Life of David Gale' however that expectation proved to be incorrect. No twist or turns, just more of a thought provoking film. 6/10

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Loved this, great connection between the two main leads. Recommend this to anyone, sure to love it. 8/10.

Pursuit of Happiness - Seen this before a few years ago. Didn't like it as much 2nd time around but still a very nice heart felt movie between father and son. 7/10.

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 09:37:59 AM »
Copycat - Decent watch.

SiLvOR

• From Leafy Surrey
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
Lawless - Rated it tbh, Tom Hardy was excellent, still not sure about Shia though.. just something.. I duno not quite there to make him a top actor for me. Very decent film though, 8/10 for me.

BrettNUFC

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 10:52:29 AM »
Off to see Total Recall tonight anyone seen it? Don't fancy it myself rather see Lawless but that's been PP till next week.

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 11:00:18 AM »
Off to see Total Recall tonight anyone seen it? Don't fancy it myself rather see Lawless but that's been PP till next week.

I wasnt a fan tbh. Read a review that said something like 'the best looking bad movie of the year' which was pretty much it for me :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Lawless though

BrettNUFC

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 11:06:52 AM »

I wasnt a fan tbh. Read a review that said something like 'the best looking bad movie of the year' which was pretty much it for me :lol:

Looking forward to seeing Lawless though
Yeah, can only see sheer dissapointment myself like. Really looking forward to Lawless though.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 12:32:12 PM »
Don't give them the money!

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 01:01:18 PM »
Grizzly Man

2005 documentary film by Werner Herzog about bear enthusiast Timothy Treadwell who spent 13 summers in Alaska living with wild bears. Unfortunately for him his 13th summer with the bears was to be his last as him and his girlfriend were both mauled and killed by a bear as they were almost to return home for the winter.

The film is a mixture of edits from Treadwell's own movie footage he recorded in the wilderness and Herzog interview people that knew or were close to Treadwell.

I'd recommend this to anybody as it shows the inner struggles of one man who believes he was at one with bears, and more than likely wished to be a bear.

At times I felt Herzog's image of Treadwell was a bit unfair, as it made him seem slightly insane at times and how he was disturbing the unwritten rule between man and bear when clearly all Treadwell wanted to do was to protect the species and to try and break down some boundaries.

There's also a rather disturbing bit where Herzog manages to listen to a recording of Treadwell's death as his camera was left on at the time. You can clearly see how shaken up he was by this and it certainly moves you.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 01:12:15 PM »
Really want to see that
Gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme some Ganja!

Yorkie

• C'mTA
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 01:55:01 PM »
Safe House. A fairly typical, by-the-numbers, Bourne-ological action thriller. Save for an exciting car chase near the beginning and one really tense combat scene near the end, the narrative was painfully predictable, supplemented by largely unspectacular action sequences. However, Denzel and Reynolds' acting performances managed to keep me interested throughout.

On the whole, i thought it was predictable and unremarkable.   

Spoiler
I thought the best scene was right at the end in the Deputy Director's office, ending in the "i'll take it from here" comment. Thought that tied the story up nicely. Also, Denzel's a great die-er.

BrettNUFC

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 02:38:01 PM »
Don't give them the money!
The 8 pound has already been stolen out of my bank account unfortunatly.

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 03:31:51 PM »
Grizzly Man

2005 documentary film by Werner Herzog about bear enthusiast Timothy Treadwell who spent 13 summers in Alaska living with wild bears. Unfortunately for him his 13th summer with the bears was to be his last as him and his girlfriend were both mauled and killed by a bear as they were almost to return home for the winter.

The film is a mixture of edits from Treadwell's own movie footage he recorded in the wilderness and Herzog interview people that knew or were close to Treadwell.

I'd recommend this to anybody as it shows the inner struggles of one man who believes he was at one with bears, and more than likely wished to be a bear.

At times I felt Herzog's image of Treadwell was a bit unfair, as it made him seem slightly insane at times and how he was disturbing the unwritten rule between man and bear when clearly all Treadwell wanted to do was to protect the species and to try and break down some boundaries.

There's also a rather disturbing bit where Herzog manages to listen to a recording of Treadwell's death as his camera was left on at the time. You can clearly see how shaken up he was by this and it certainly moves you.

Herzog. :smitten:
A Dothraki whoooore Ned, on an open field!

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 05:57:18 PM »
Safe House. A fairly typical, by-the-numbers, Bourne-ological action thriller. Save for an exciting car chase near the beginning and one really tense combat scene near the end, the narrative was painfully predictable, supplemented by largely unspectacular action sequences. However, Denzel and Reynolds' acting performances managed to keep me interested throughout.

On the whole, i thought it was predictable and unremarkable.   

Spoiler
I thought the best scene was right at the end in the Deputy Director's office, ending in the "i'll take it from here" comment. Thought that tied the story up nicely. Also, Denzel's a great die-er.

And yet they are making more!
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Yorkie

• C'mTA
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
A sequel? :undecided:

SiLvOR

• From Leafy Surrey
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:02:26 PM »
King of New York. A good watch imo, thought the cast was sublime (Walken, Caruso and Fishbourne standing out for me), typical plot of cops vs bad guys, with you ending up liking the bad guys more imo. 7.5/10

« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:21:28 PM »
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday 11 September 2012, 08:22:06 PM »
King of New York. A good watch imo, thought the cast was sublime (Walken, Caruso and Fishbourne standing out for me), typical plot of cops vs bad guys, with you ending up liking the bad guys more imo. 7.5/10
Love Walken's dance in it. :lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt