Author Topic: Film You Recently Watched  (Read 682893 times)

Nexumaster

• Article 48 on Myspace and Facebook
Re: Film You Recently Watched
« Reply #21800 on: Wednesday 8 February 2017, 09:48:42 AM »
Split. The film itself was decent enough, but the very end put a little smile on my face.

« Reply #21801 on: Thursday 9 February 2017, 01:42:02 PM »
Nocturnal Animals. Very good.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Fugazi

• Give us hell, Quimby!
« Reply #21802 on: Sunday 12 February 2017, 10:02:55 PM »
24 Hour Party People

Still in my top 5 favourite British films.
NE28

« Reply #21803 on: Sunday 12 February 2017, 10:05:28 PM »
A Monster Calls.

I've read the book so knew what to expect but it still hits you hard. A really good adaptation.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #21804 on: Sunday 12 February 2017, 10:50:17 PM »
Arrival. Thought it was absolutely brilliant.

Spoiler
Much more emotional than I was expecting, perhaps heightened by me being a parent.

« Reply #21805 on: Sunday 12 February 2017, 10:52:21 PM »
A Monster Calls.

I've read the book so knew what to expect but it still hits you hard. A really good adaptation.

Yeh, I was emotional come the end as the young lad nails it.
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

« Reply #21806 on: Sunday 12 February 2017, 10:53:40 PM »
Last two posts are totally parent based :lol: Adds a bit of a personal fear level.

Edit: And film makers know it :knuppel2:
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #21807 on: Monday 13 February 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
Dr Strange, it was canny enough.  Your typical Marvel stuff.

Super Duper Branko Strupar

• The little jerk is armed!
« Reply #21808 on: Monday 13 February 2017, 11:43:36 PM »
Other People. Really good. Enjoyed it a lot.
Gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme some Ganja!

« Reply #21809 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 12:38:26 PM »
Trainspotting 2 - Really enjoyed it. It's definitely not as gritty as the first one but it's a good film in its own right

« Reply #21810 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 02:29:23 PM »
Trainspotting 2 - Really enjoyed it. It's definitely not as gritty as the first one but it's a good film in its own right

Went to see it last night. Thought it was directed like an episode of Hollyoaks, kind of spoilt the mood. Decent story/plot and nice use of nostalgia/sentiment. Didn't like some of the music choices or some of the comedic moments but it was decent, if forgettable.

Felipão

• burningman
« Reply #21811 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 07:39:52 PM »
La La Land. Great movie imo. Didn't expect it to be anything special but really enjoyed it.
2016/17 N-O Pick Em Champ & N-O NBA Fantasy Champ

lovejoy

• Sholagol really...
« Reply #21812 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 11:46:10 PM »
Sing. Very good, kids loved it.

« Reply #21813 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 12:30:22 AM »
Pretty Woman - BBC1 right now. Never seen it before....what a pile of shiiiiiiit.

Trainspotting T2 - enjoyed it. Liked the call backs to the original, not overdone. Great performances from Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlisle.

Lion - incredible.

La La Land. Meh, shrug. Not my tempo.
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

« Reply #21814 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
The Amanda Knox documentary. I didn't know too much about the specifics going in, but the moment the main police investigator compared himself to Sherlock Holmes and said it was a woman that did it because the body was covered up I knew Knox was blatantly innocent. What a f***ed up scenario to be honest. How could the cops have these two scenarios:

1. Woman makes lover of five days and a stranger rape her roommate and help her stab her repeatedly.
2. Known burglar whose DNA is everywhere broke in and killed the woman who saw him.

And actively decide scenario number 1 was the one they would go with? :lol:

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #21815 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 10:18:34 PM »
He didn't mention the Daily Mail guy! :frantic:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #21816 on: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 10:24:50 PM »
He was just a reporter. They're devils. The cop is supposed to serve justice :lol: That was the most incompetent police force I've seen in ages! When they were f***ing up and contaminating the crime scene... I mean, for real, Sherlock? For real?

« Reply #21817 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 02:30:44 AM »
Vacaciones en Familia. The Chilean accent is an absolute motherfucker. :lol:

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #21818 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:27:53 AM »
Twenty minutes of the LEGO Batman movie. What I saw I enjoyed, just couldn't get past it being in Spanish.

Will have to go see it at the cinema I suppose.
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #21819 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:29:37 AM »
Twenty minutes of the LEGO Batman movie. What I saw I enjoyed, just couldn't get past it being in Spanish.

First 30 minutes or so are ridiculous in a good way. Can't quite sustain it through the full running time, but still very much worth a watch.

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #21820 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:32:52 AM »
Saw Nocturnal Animals finally, thought it was quality. Although they could have just made the film-within-the-film and it would probably have been just as good.

Ian W

« Reply #21821 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 12:19:37 AM »
Sully, thought it was very good. Could have been more tense towards the end but that would probably be tonnes with the story too much.

« Reply #21822 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:28:39 AM »
Magnificent 7 remake. Didn't hate the first half, was ok, second half a bit meh. Chick is ridiculous again, she needs more airtime.
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #21823 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 09:16:56 AM »

First 30 minutes or so are ridiculous in a good way. Can't quite sustain it through the full running time, but still very much worth a watch.

Really enjoyed it.

They've nailed both LEGO movies so far.
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

Ian W

« Reply #21824 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 01:19:55 PM »
Magnificent 7 remake. Didn't hate the first half, was ok, second half a bit meh. Chick is ridiculous again, she needs more airtime.

It's offensive that this even exists TBH. Leave the classics alone people.