Alan Pardew

Dave

To cancel the early pages of the original thread, I'm going to be super-positive about Pards.

Credit to him, he has turned it all round. As part of a winning structure, he is the focal point of our revival and deservedly won Manager of the Season. The players seem to love him, he's a master of the media and is a pleasure to listen to. I also like the backroom staff he's brought in, instilling a Geordie influence on our dressing room. I've not always agreed with his tactics and decisions but you can't argue with 5th place. Absolutely brilliant.

.....and a lothario with the ladies  :pards:

To cancel the early pages of the original thread, I'm going to be super-positive about Pards.

Credit to him, he has turned it all round. As part of a winning structure, he is the focal point of our revival and deservedly won Manager of the Season. The players seem to love him, he's a master of the media and is a pleasure to listen to. I also like the backroom staff he's brought in, instilling a Geordie influence on our dressing room. I've not always agreed with his tactics and decisions but you can't argue with 5th place. Absolutely brilliant.

.....and a lothario with the ladies  :pards:

Yep. Proved me laughably wrong, and long may it continue. :thup:

What I really like about Pardew is he always seems to be working hard to improve himself which is probably why he expects the same from the players.

He doesn't just stick to one style that has had relative success *cough MON, cough* but is constantly studying and trying to test new ideas.

I think we are on to a winner here, he will make mistakes, he won't always please everyone (especially with his team ethic and getting the flair players to adapt to it) but as long as the board back his ambitions he will get us as realistically successful as possible.

Also he often seems to be in tune with the fans, he won't agree with the majority all of the time but he is the first manager in a while that seems to be on the same wavelength as the fans most of the time.

Guest Rey Mysterio

Pards playing it cool on the end of the couch while John Salako prances around behind him like a kid at a school disco.

As I said in one of my first posts on here, I was dead set against AP when he arrived (guessing not alone in that  :) ) for all the obvious reasons, cronyism, poor past record etc, but my word what a turnaround he has had.

Honestly, if you had told me in the week of his appointment that 18 months later we'd have finished 5th, and I would be hero worshipping the guy, I'd of said you were off your rocker, but here we are. :snod:

No doubt some things have worked in his favour, Graham Carr being a prime example but as I said before, bringing JC in as his number two (not having known him before) was a brave, bold and inspired move imo.

Personally, I've really had little to disagree with, in terms of his general match assessments, I think he's been refreshingly honest in where we are (and our shortcomings when we've dropped a bollock) and has been a good statesman for this great club.

I was a big fan of CH, not only for delivering us back to the top tier at the first time of asking, but equally for his gentlemanly conduct, pleasant nature and general all round nice approach to what can be a cynical sport/business from time-to-time.

I thought he always presented this club, our club in a good light. He was a good "face" at a time when we needed it most.

For this I will always carry a candle for Chris and wish him every success in the future.

Thankfully, AP has continued in this vein (notwithstanding the handbags with MON) which has been pleasing to see.

Yes, he's a Lahndahner, but I honestly think he gets it here, he's bought into the club, the fans, the heritage, and most importantly he understands what's required to do the job right here.

His man-management skills are there for all to see, he's worked some difficult to manage players back into the group and on to greater things, has made some astute decisions at key moments (Captain Colo) and has fostered (what appears to be) a really great camaraderie in the group and has massaged everyones ego to the point where, to a man, they're prepared to run through walls for him, and are really disappointed with second best.

For me as a long time Newcastle fan, this is manna from Heaven.

Equally pleasing, are the players we have brought in under him. I can see the green shoots of a great squad here, a squad that has flexiblity built in,  players that are technical good and who can fulfil several roles in different formations. This could be the greatest strength of all.

It was clear in several interviews last season that he wants to build a squad of players that can adapt to various formations, as and when required, and we're on the way to acheiving that (if the board will back him and get the deals done)

I'm not sure what the future will hold for us all, but what I can say is these last 18 months under his tenure have been right up there with the best in my time supporting this club (KK first time round)

We've smashed up some great sides, defended like our lives depended on it (for the most part anyway  :razz: ) scored some insanely good goals (unbelievable good if I'm honest) and all with the nicest, most admirable bunch of players I can recall (as a total squad).

To think of how I felt on that last day, as we meakly disappeared from the PL without as much as a effort, to the end of last season and pushing for third right up the final weeks, it's a head fuck if I'm honest.

I doff my cap to Chris Hughton and I raise a glass to Alan Fucking Pardew, well done that man  :clap: :clap: :clap:

EDIT: Spaced a little better just for Anderson