Author Topic: What mood are you in?  (Read 443186 times)

Re: What mood are you in?
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 6 March 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
:lol:

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 6 March 2012, 08:08:06 PM »
Pretty knackered, mentally and physically. First day with a new caseload at work (on top of all my other work) and it's totally alien to me so my head is spinning with all the new info. I'll be ok once I get settled but at the minute it's just :frantic:

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 6 March 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
I think I need a lawyer.

Thinly veiled "look at me, I'm a bit out there, a bit mad, a bit freaky and perverted" post by someone who is in real life incredibly sane, normal, average and quite frankly dull as ditch-water.

:lol:

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 12:02:01 AM »
Feel like punching someone.

Scores were supposed to be out last night or this morning. They weren't. Tonight has come. Still no scores.

Can't they just put me out of my misery? I would like to get on with my f***ing life please. :lol:

Pretty p*ssed at myself.

Got exactly one point under the minimum score I thought I'd keep. So retaking in June I guess.

It shouldn't bother me that much, given that I've got at least two more shots at this. Still sucks though.

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 12:09:29 AM »
:( Sorry to hear that. You'll smash it in June.

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
Wondering whether tonight will be the night wor lass gives birth to our baby. He was due on Sunday but there is no sign he's on the way at the moment. She had a midwife's appointment on Monday and if he's not here by Friday, they will start her off apparently, so he's coming eitrher wayt, its the waiting that's killing me though. For a few days now I have been feeling really weird emotionally. I feel sad, down and even tearful. Please tell me this is normal (to all those dads out there). I cant describe how anxious, scared but also excited I am at the moment. I just want him here. All throughout the pregnancy I've been getting cravings, wor lasses' back pains and now seemingly some of her emotions. Its f***ing weird like.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Pilko

• Born with a heart full of neutrality
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:39:43 PM »
Call him Shola.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

B-more Mag

• Where the kisses are hers and hers and his
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
Wondering whether tonight will be the night wor lass gives birth to our baby. He was due on Sunday but there is no sign he's on the way at the moment. She had a midwife's appointment on Monday and if he's not here by Friday, they will start her off apparently, so he's coming eitrher wayt, its the waiting that's killing me though. For a few days now I have been feeling really weird emotionally. I feel sad, down and even tearful. Please tell me this is normal (to all those dads out there). I cant describe how anxious, scared but also excited I am at the moment. I just want him here. All throughout the pregnancy I've been getting cravings, wor lasses' back pains and now seemingly some of her emotions. Its f***ing weird like.
Normal :thup:

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:41:32 PM »
Unlucky Oldtype. Chin up. :thup:

HTT - best wishes to you, your partner and the imminent little arrival. :)
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:42:18 PM »
AS9

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 06:47:24 PM »
Normal :thup:

I hope so. Honestly, the last few days have been strange emotionally. For a bloke, I feel like a women feels on her rags or something. I've been in a daze for days now. I cant think straight and I cant be bothered with anything. Again its weird.

Oh and cheers Neill.

The midwife people seem to think things are all fine, a smooth birth etc. Me, I'm bricking the labour aspect though. I just want that particular ordeal out the way as quick as possible. Shitty/pissy nappies, sleeplesss nights I think I can handle. Labour? I'm gonna struggle. I'm sqeamish at the best of times and I'm extremely protective of wor lass so to see her in pain will be hard.

We'll make it though :)

« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
All the best to you both, HTT.
I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours.

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
Good luck to you and your lass HTT. Just out of curiosity, are you going to be in the room when everything's going on or pacing nervously outside ready to bust out the cigars?

Beren

• Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 07:11:42 PM »
Good luck to you, the wife and your little paragraph-machine HTT :)

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 07:22:46 PM »
I think if you aren't emotionally torn up by the enormity of bringing a new life into the world then you don't fully appreciate the seriousness of the situation. For real.

Good luck :thup:

Sophie S

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 07:23:21 PM »

I hope so. Honestly, the last few days have been strange emotionally. For a bloke, I feel like a women feels on her rags or something. I've been in a daze for days now. I cant think straight and I cant be bothered with anything. Again its weird.
I'm not a mum myself, but I think this sounds pretty normal considering this will (hopefully) be one of the happiest and most life changing experiences ever. Good luck with everything.

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 08:14:40 PM »
Good luck to you and your lass HTT. Just out of curiosity, are you going to be in the room when everything's going on or pacing nervously outside ready to bust out the cigars?

Cheers for the well wishes folks. Aye I'll be in there with wor lass, although I'll not be looking down there when the head pops out. Wor lass doesn't want me to either. Its the mucas, blood, and the whole force of it all all, i.e. apparently they can just shoot out, that I find quite the stomach churner. I'm sure I'll be fine on the day/night itself. Perhaps one or two whiskeys to calm the old nerves will be in order.

I'm a bag of nerves to be honest like. :lol:

I can't even sleep. I close my eyes and my thoughts drift to what he will look like, what I'm going to do when we get home, whether I'll even be able to get the car seat fixed properly. Madness I tell you.

People I speak to say the final few days are the worst where you basically go into panic mode, then you have the baby, take it home, more panic but within days things calm down and then you start to worry about daft stuff like "have I packed enough nappies" etc.

« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 08:28:08 PM »
:thup: You're a braver man than me. I'd be probably be rocking back and forth in the corner of the waiting room :lol:

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 08:30:33 PM »

Good luck, you've done all the hard work, and now she just gets to lie there taking loads of drugs.  :lol:

« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
A tad concerned, on top of my Tramadol  the doctor has also now prescribed me Amitriptyline for my back as well. I wasn't really familiar with it, but upon doing some research it's actually an anti-depressant, so it's not really something I want to be dabbling with.

Does anybody have any experiences of this?  :undecided:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
:thup: You're a braver man than me. I'd be probably be rocking back and forth in the corner of the waiting room :lol:

My mate said dont worry, the doctors do all the work, get yourself a paper, a nice chair and sit and relax, as soon as you hear the bairn cry, then thats when you step in and do your job. He did that with all 4 of his kids. :lol: Mind he's not one of these modern men, he's a proper bloke :D

I should be OK, when things kick-off, I'm usually a calm person who kind of takes over or tries to take control so I'm sure I'll be OK. What's probably f***ing with me is that I've not done this before and that unknown element is no doubt what's scaring me.

I'm not the most emotioanl of people but I just know I'm going to cry like a, well, a baby :D

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 09:01:57 PM »
A tad concerned, on top of my Tramadol  the doctor has also now prescribed me Amitriptyline for my back as well. I wasn't really familiar with it, but upon doing some research it's actually an anti-depressant, so it's not really something I want to be dabbling with.

http://chronicallyme.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/amitriptyline-for-pain-relief/

Sounds a bit nuts like.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • No. I don't believe it, either.
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 09:45:22 PM »

Sounds a bit nuts like.

Mate, if you're not feeling comfortable with the prescription, then get a second opinion. :undecided:
"Football violence will continue as long as they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their Bovril" - Billy Connolly

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 10:05:19 PM »

Sounds a bit nuts like.

why has he prescribed an anti-dep. for a bad back? did he explain this?

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • Pizza Life.
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 7 March 2012, 10:07:43 PM »
If the painkillers do not help, you will probably be put on tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), such as amitriptyline. TCAs were originally intended for depression, but they are effective at treating some cases of persistent pain.
Some TCAs can have serious side effects, including suicidal thoughts, although this is rare. If this happens to you, contact your GP or go to your nearest hospital immediately. You may want to tell someone close to you that you are on amitriptyline and ask them to let you know if they notice any changes in your behaviour. For more information, go to medicines for back pain.

:o