Author Topic: Can't open Google.  (Read 500 times)

Can't open Google.
« on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:28:03 PM »
I can't load up Google? Just get 'server not found' as if the website it down. wat.

Help plz?
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
God man replacement's don't have to 100% of best to 100% of a replacement.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Dave

• Administrator
Re: Can't open Google.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
Google.co.uk is defo up.

Try refreshing your DNS. Open a command prompt and type 'ipconfig /flushdns'.

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:38:13 PM »
Nope, didn't work.

Weird. Google has been playing up for a few days before this. Clicking google links just took me back to the homepage, had to double click them to make them load. Thought it might be some kind of malware so I cleaned it with malawarebytes.

This has just happened randomly now, rather than when I did the scan.
Before that why didn't the Wigan fans just walk the the Stewart's, the Stewart's only went up to the touchline, their was a big gap between the end of the Stewart's and the stand they could have walked through.
The are both white, both intellects, both middle class, both the typical 'people who would have thought could never do such a thing ', all traits of a Psychopath.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:42:34 PM »

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:47:35 PM »
Whey that's weird, the .msi file won't run at all. I'll try the manual steps.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 03:48:54 PM »
Have you cleared your temporary files? With your browser closed.

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 04:03:40 PM »
Oh.

I tried it on the browser, got a script error. Then it froze so I tried CTRL-ALT-DELETE and it didn't even work  :lol: Was stuck at not responding and I coudn't open up any other programs either.

Seems like computer is a bit more f***ed than I expected. It's running alright generally, no slowdown or owt.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 04:08:28 PM »
f***'s sake. Now I can't get on the Microsoft site in the same way as I can't google. Got redirected to an ad when I clicked a link too.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 04:10:39 PM »
Yeah that would be malware. Save your documents off your HDD immediately in case you can't work your way out of it and need to reinstall Windows.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 04:13:04 PM »
Foooooooooook. Might just bail and reinstall completely, trust my portable hardrive died a couple of weeks ago too. Have to get a new one and just move everything over.

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 8 February 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
Re-formatting computer now :yao:

« Reply #11 on: Thursday 9 February 2012, 12:03:09 AM »
Not fancy malware bytes?

« Reply #12 on: Thursday 9 February 2012, 06:04:48 PM »
Tried it bro, didn't do nowt.

Reinstalled windows now anyway. Much fresher.