Author Topic: Hairies vs Skinheads - which were you? (Newcastle & the 70s)  (Read 28269 times)

HTT

• tl;dr
Re: Hairies vs Skinheads - which were you? (Newcastle & the 70s)
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday 17 April 2013, 04:51:05 PM »
Slightly off topic but Its funny how things stay with you from when you were a kid. I remember one summer holidays early 90's me and my mates, about 6 of us from Whitley Bay who were all about 13/14 at the time went to that 5-a side place in Gateshead 'The Pitz' I think it was called, for a tournament. Anyway long story short, the journey home on the Metro was like something out of the film 'The Warriors!'  :D 

We got chased from the Metty at pretty much every station, Byker, Walker, Wallsend, Howdon, Percy Main, The Ridges, Shields, f*** me man it was mental; the windows even got put out of the train at Percy Main man ffs,  We pretty much all made it home with bumps and bruises and missing various items of clothing (Lost me new NUFC cap :'() and one of me mates got his jeans set alight! Haha it was s*** scary in all honesty!

The Metro was a terrifying place for a young teenage male to be in the early to mid 90's from my experience!

We used to get chased wherever we went, mind we were never troublemakers oursevles, but there was an element of excitement about going into another area and getting chased or maybe even doing some of the chasing yourself. We rarely got the s*** kicked out us though or dished it out.

It was always:

Them "where yeez from like"

Us "scotchy"

Them "get them"

Happy days to be honest.

Agree with you about the Metro, and even today it can be menacing, especially at night time.

I always used to hate Gateshead as a kid, it was never safe as an outsider and today it can still feel like that if you're in certain parts and are obviously not from there.

mackemland is the worst though. Even as an adult I've had to leave an area due to my accent.
Wee Hughie - the greatest centre-forward Newcastle United ever had

Inferior Acuña

• (Grant) Geordie in Chicago
« Reply #102 on: Sunday 5 May 2013, 11:35:22 PM »
Hey, look!

It's been picked up by modculture

http://www.modculture.co.uk/video-all-dressed-up-and-going-nowhere/

Good on yous for getting out.

HTT

• tl;dr

Skirge

• They Will Never Take My Cabaye
« Reply #104 on: Thursday 9 May 2013, 04:29:43 PM »
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/lifestyle/nostalgia/remember-when-film-tyneside-youth-3474913

He had emailed me through youtube wanting to do a story on it, I hadn't seen the email.
Spoke to him yesterday, my mate has messaged him also and is trying to get one of the skinhead, Geordie Potter to talk to the journalist.
I am still trying to find the follow up documentary, there was 100% one made, I have spoken with David Pritchard he was the editor for this one but did not work on the follow up.
Not giving up just yet, I am hoping if the ronnie gill run with a full story then more info might pop up about the 2nd part.

« Reply #106 on: Thursday 9 May 2013, 09:10:39 PM »
Reading through this thread :)

Almost got a pasting once by the West Denton Aggro Boys once in the Bus concourse in the toon, I managed to escape them by jumping on a bus to f*** knows where and got off a few stops later just outside the town. They were geared up with baseball bats the lot, some scary huge black lass was running around like a f***ing loon kicking people to the floor.

Also got me heed bashed in by west ham fans outside the Grainger Market 20 vs me and 2 mates when i was about 16, i remember Adidas Sambas didnt taste too clever, me and a mate were saved by some big hairy arsed toon fans coming to our rescue from the Pineapple.

Happy days.

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #107 on: Monday 23 September 2013, 03:31:41 PM »
I think there is something on BBC 1 tonight about this.

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

• Boring James Milner
« Reply #108 on: Monday 23 September 2013, 03:48:59 PM »

Inside Out
Season 24 Episode 4 of 9
Chris Jackson reports on nuclear decommissioning costs and delays in Cumbria. Chris Connel meets up with the gangland members filmed in a notorious 1970s Tyneside documentary, and there's a trip down memory lane to remember the old-fashioned garages that offered service with a smile.

?
Had a few dances off her when I've been in Blue velvet with friends. She's one of the ones who will push her fanny in your face, usually I like that but hers smells f***ing rotten. Only had dances off her because she agreed to take less money for the dances when me and my mate said we were skint.

I was a pure creep when I was a kid tbf. Used to spunk in deoderant can lids too

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #109 on: Monday 23 September 2013, 05:21:59 PM »

Inside Out
Season 24 Episode 4 of 9
Chris Jackson reports on nuclear decommissioning costs and delays in Cumbria. Chris Connel meets up with the gangland members filmed in a notorious 1970s Tyneside documentary, and there's a trip down memory lane to remember the old-fashioned garages that offered service with a smile.

?

Think so aye, my mate will probably be on it.

Skirge

« Reply #110 on: Monday 23 September 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
Enjoyed that, could have gave my youtube channel a mention mind seeing as I  would say me putting it on youtube sparked that little bit of telly.

Skirge

« Reply #111 on: Monday 23 September 2013, 09:46:29 PM »
Here we go BBC bit from tonight.

« Last Edit: Monday 23 September 2013, 10:05:36 PM by Skirge »

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday 24 September 2013, 05:21:51 PM »
Recognised the old electricity board building on Stamfordham road in the video. Where the newish wickes and St James retail park is now. Just over my garden wall as it happens.

« Reply #113 on: Sunday 22 November 2015, 02:56:41 PM »
*bump*

Been talking again about this with wor lass. She seems to remember there was a gang from Blakelaw too, although she can't remember their name?

She also remembers when a kid called Tony Livingstone got knocked down, when he was getting chased between a battle between the West Denton Wild Bunch and the Fenham Sham. He was in the year above her at school.

Tsunami

• Ashley Out
« Reply #114 on: Monday 23 November 2015, 09:53:36 PM »
I grew up in Washington which had its own little gangs - STAB (Sulgrave Tartan Aggro Boys) and VLAB (Village Lane Aggro Boys) being the 2 which come to mind. I was a bit too young and though I had my 3 star jumpers I wasn't gang ready. I'm not sure how much trouble they caused however, the certainly looked the part in their tartan.

Northbourne66

« Reply #115 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 08:07:36 PM »
Blakelaw aggro boys.

I hung about with WDWB for years and was about five feet away from Tony when he was killed.
He was a good lad from cambridge st cruddus park.
I knew him well as i grew up in Elswick before emirgrating to WD
He was off mixed race but i never heard him called tony the wog as an earlier poster claimed.
He was very popular kid ( he was 14 when he died) and there was a lot of people unhappy at the time among his Sham, EMB friends.
Lots of fall out for a while after it and a court case obviously.
I remember the kick off at the magistrates very well.
Tragic he would be fifty now.

Northbourne66

« Reply #116 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
Any one interested in them days WDWB, Sham, EMB etc post a question.
I cant remember last week but all that is clear as day.

Northbourne66

« Reply #117 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 08:20:07 PM »
Please be respectful re Tony it maybe just a story from back in the day to some but he was a friend relative etc to a lot of people.

Northbourne66

« Reply #118 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 08:29:25 PM »
An earlier post mentioned the foot bridge at west denton it actually said ' west denton enter at own risk!'
I obviously know who did it, he is a very sucessful businessman now.
It was copied of similar graffiti at Long Benton

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 08:41:48 PM »
random

Northbourne66

« Reply #120 on: Sunday 2 October 2016, 09:04:31 PM »
Random? How?
All subjects brought up in earlier posts

Northbourne66

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 05:26:13 PM »
Are there teenage gangs in newcastle today?

HTT

• tl;dr
« Reply #122 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
Are there teenage gangs in newcastle today?

Loads, mainly little scruffs like this hard c***:

Northbourne66

« Reply #123 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 08:51:02 PM »
Obviously hes taking the pxss but theres loads of divvys like him.
West denton wild boys are a full on embarrassment
The original wild bunch wouldnt have even spoke to tramps like them