Author Topic: The homeowners' thread  (Read 96433 times)

PCW1983

• I love my b****** dog.
Re: The homeowners' thread
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 01:31:01 PM »
Yeah it was rotovated to make it dead flat. We got as many roots out as we could before the day it was laid but I understand the turning over just cuts up the remaining roots and spreads them around. Doh.

Dave, we had some turf laid around 3-4 months ago and I thought the same as you about getting it fed, I've asked at both Peter Barrats and Highley Gate in Morpeth an they both said not to feed for the first 6-8 months.
They said that the grass needs to fully take before its fed.
Never give up - Winston Churchill

PCW1983

• I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 01:32:26 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with hiring a cleaner?  Me and the wife are considering it but still a bit 50/50 about the idea

« Reply #27 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
I'd love a garden like.

Have mine. It's about 35 foot, I hate the f***er.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
Yeah it was rotovated to make it dead flat. We got as many roots out as we could before the day it was laid but I understand the turning over just cuts up the remaining roots and spreads them around. Doh.

Dave, we had some turf laid around 3-4 months ago and I thought the same as you about getting it fed, I've asked at both Peter Barrats and Highley Gate in Morpeth an they both said not to feed for the first 6-8 months.
They said that the grass needs to fully take before its fed.

Cheers, seen similar on the back of some of the bottles of products. :thup:

PCW1983

• I love my b****** dog.
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
I'd love a garden like.

Have mine. It's about 35 foot, I hate the f***er.

High or long :-)

« Reply #30 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 05:24:17 PM »
Its s*** that I'm cutting the lawn in mid October, but wouldn't get rid of turf for the world
If you use supplements for your garden/pets/yourself please have a look at my mates website - www.thefulvicacidcompany.com

AliGupter

• Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 07:24:34 PM »
Has anyone had any experience with hiring a cleaner?  Me and the wife are considering it but still a bit 50/50 about the idea

Yeah I have.
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 16 October 2011, 07:55:57 PM »
Defo flogging our house, f***ing sick of it....

Been in it to long.

Anyone want to buy it?  :lol:

« Reply #33 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 12:17:54 AM »
f***ing sick of it....

Been in it to long.

know that feeling mate, but worr lass in on about getting wood laminate down to replace carpets so looks like we'll be here a while

Christmas Tree

• I don't like Jonas.
  • Reality hits you hard Bro!
The homeowners' thread
« Reply #34 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 11:19:52 AM »

First of all, most cleaners only like to clean clean houses!

Secondly, ideally find a self employed lass doing for herself rather than one of these corporate jobs.

Word of mouth is the key.

A girl I know has her own business on south Tyneside, is first class and charges £8 an hour.

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #35 on: Monday 17 October 2011, 11:35:03 AM »
Had a chat with the missus last night, gonner get this placed tidied up, decorated and then valued.

We have a lot of equity in this place and have room to negatiate down *cough.  Will see what happens.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 05:42:13 PM »
Loft insulation is £1 per roll with free delivery via nPower/Build Centre at the moment: http://www.npower.com/Home/Energy-efficiency/Home-insulation/DIY-loft-insulation/index.htm

Use IE if you want to order, the process doesn't seem to work on other browsers.

« Reply #37 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 05:48:36 PM »
Nice one.
Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Christmas Tree

• I don't like Jonas.
« Reply #38 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 11:30:14 PM »
Unless Im misreading this Im not sure why anyone would may for loft insulation when the government are giving it away free. (and wall insulation).

http://www.freeinsulation.co.uk/apply/step1.html?gclid=CO3poKijt6wCFUQe4QodflPLMA

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 11:33:25 PM »
100% FREE Insulation Grants:

If anyone in the household receives a qualifying benefit, credit or allowance.
    OR anyone in the household is aged 70 or above at date of this enquiry.
    Lofts must have 2.5" (60mm) or less to qualify for a free insulation grant.

Christmas Tree

• I don't like Jonas.
« Reply #40 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 11:40:07 PM »
100% FREE Insulation Grants:

If anyone in the household receives a qualifying benefit, credit or allowance.
    OR anyone in the household is aged 70 or above at date of this enquiry.
    Lofts must have 2.5" (60mm) or less to qualify for a free insulation grant.

Be worth most people ringing up as sometimes you just need to have a child under 6 or even some sort of tax credit which im sure quite a few have, to get both done completely free.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Monday 14 November 2011, 11:42:59 PM »
Er well I don't claim any benefits or have a child under six. So that's 'why I'm paying for it' - less than £15 and doing it myself when I want.

Oh, and most people already have more than 60mm of loft insulation, so they'd not be eligible anyway.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 17 November 2011, 09:20:01 PM »
Anyone had a chimney liner fitted recently? How much? :sad:

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: Friday 18 November 2011, 05:19:10 PM »
First estimate back at £880. Next winter methinks...

« Reply #44 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 08:39:09 AM »
what do people know about rental markets for 3-4 bedroom houses?  thinking of buying a gaff in tynemouth and then trying to rent it out, i'd prefer to buy something big enough for me and the family to use if i ever wanted to though

is there much of market for rental of big properties, i have no idea 'cause i only ever rented tiny pokey little dives when i was renting ???

suppose gosforth and jesmond would still be nailed on to get rented but not sure i'd fancy renting to f***ing students like

quite like yarm too, might consider that
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #45 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 08:44:35 AM »
what do people know about rental markets for 3-4 bedroom houses?  thinking of buying a gaff in tynemouth and then trying to rent it out, i'd prefer to buy something big enough for me and the family to use if i ever wanted to though

is there much of market for rental of big properties, i have no idea 'cause i only ever rented tiny pokey little dives when i was renting ???

suppose gosforth and jesmond would still be nailed on to get rented but not sure i'd fancy renting to f***ing students like

quite like yarm too, might consider that

was considering renting a house coastal when my lass got up the duff.  Tynemouth very popular-  you could expect 800-1200 a month easily in that area. Anyways we decided to buy, as its cheaper- and rent out the two flats we already own- had no bother getting her flat let- in a s**** area in shields.

edit- we went full management , well worth £30 a month.

« Reply #46 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
you reckon a house would go no bother then in tynemouth? looking for something right close to the sea like...sounds promising

and that full management fee is f***ing amazing...class!  who did you use?

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #47 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 08:57:26 AM »
you reckon a house would go no bother then in tynemouth? looking for something right close to the sea like...sounds promising

the management fee was supposed to be 45 on 450 rent- but I kicked off over all the hidden charges that took the 1st months rent off us, so he reduced the charges , on the understanding they can let my flat anarl when we buy.  think the fees will be higher for a grands worth of rent, but still worth it in my opinion, as we were going to let her flat for 400 ourselves- they got us 450 in a week, so we are better off despite the fee. They deal with all the paper work, s****, chasing rent etc.
From my experience of looking at houses for about a year, I would say they all go sooner or later. You can always keep dropping the rent till it goes. If you get a buy to let morgage and pay interest only you could let for 800 and cover the morgage? Im guessing.

« Reply #48 on: Saturday 19 November 2011, 10:22:50 AM »

the management fee was supposed to be 45 on 450 rent- but I kicked off over all the hidden charges that took the 1st months rent off us, so he reduced the charges , on the understanding they can let my flat anarl when we buy.  think the fees will be higher for a grands worth of rent, but still worth it in my opinion, as we were going to let her flat for 400 ourselves- they got us 450 in a week, so we are better off despite the fee. They deal with all the paper work, s****, chasing rent etc.
From my experience of looking at houses for about a year, I would say they all go sooner or later. You can always keep dropping the rent till it goes. If you get a buy to let morgage and pay interest only you could let for 800 and cover the morgage? Im guessing.

cheers, yeah i can drop the rent 'til it goes like - renting it would be a bonus i suppose rather than the purpose of the purchase, just hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone

need to plan a trip to the UK now to put the plan into fruition i suppose

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #49 on: Monday 21 November 2011, 06:16:44 PM »