Author Topic: The Great Outdoors  (Read 72437 times)

Re: Wild Camping and The Great Outdoors
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday 21 June 2011, 05:05:37 PM »
Sorry i couldnt give you more info, i thought my dad might of had more to say!
"Boom boom Cheick Cheick the room!"

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 21 June 2011, 05:43:34 PM »

Nah, it's good to know that it's possible.  Was imagining all kinds of restrictions and byelaws at Glen Nevis, obviously there aren't any :)

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday 21 June 2011, 09:09:08 PM »

Forecast for Fort William is hail showers on Thursday and snow on the tops.  I'm going up on Friday :rolleyes:

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #53 on: Friday 24 June 2011, 10:10:57 PM »
Camp set up under the buachaille etive mor at the corner of glencoe and glen etive. All splendid so far, and enough signal to post this, so even better.  Are there bears in scotland?

« Reply #54 on: Friday 24 June 2011, 10:13:02 PM »
Camp set up under the buachaille etive mor at the corner of glencoe and glen etive. All splendid so far, and enough signal to post this, so even better.  Are there bears in scotland?

Only the gay kind, I think.

« Reply #55 on: Friday 24 June 2011, 10:15:14 PM »

fantastic place that- get some pics up- have a good un. there are some wild bears, wolves, stags, highland cattle, wilderbeast,Elephants rats, bats, eagles, giant spiders, mozzies and midges- but other than that nowt much to worry about

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 06:05:01 AM »
Survived :thup: now off up the mountains. Miles better than hotels and b&bs, everyone should try it once :)

« Reply #57 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 09:08:20 AM »

Only the gay kind, I think.

:lol:

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #58 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 06:57:14 PM »

:thup:

Fire wasn't mine, but I thought it improved the picture :lol:  Next time I'll be brave enough to venture away from the road, not that the Glen Etive road is a particularly busy one.  Felt better being next to the car first time, though :)

Had a splendid time, can't wait to do it again.  Best bath I've ever had when I got home :)

« Reply #59 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
I bet you didn't sleep a wink though :lol:

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:02:36 PM »

Out like a light, mate :)  Started raining at about 2AM which woke me up, but it was such a hypnotic noise that I went straight back to sleep again :)

« Reply #61 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
I'd be lying awake all night waiting for some psycho to come and attack me tent like so fair play to you for doing it :lol:

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #62 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:16:04 PM »

It's Scotland, man

Nothing bad ever happens in Scotland

AliGupter

• Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:16:39 PM »

It's Scotland, man

Nothing bad ever happens in Scotland

I go to Scotland on a fairly regular basis. :undecided:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #64 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
And nothing bad ever happens to you, or as a result of your being there..?

:undecided:

AliGupter

• Biggest Fraud 2011
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
And nothing bad ever happens to you, or as a result of your being there..?

:undecided:

That is for you to work out. :undecided:
Banned for 36 hours for his love of KFC, a hate crime covered up without a shred of evidence. We will never be defeated. :smugdog:

You really are an irritating little s***, Gupter. This place was SO much better before you showed up.

Biggest Fraud 2011
Winner:  AliGupter
Runner-up:  Nobody even came close

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 25 June 2011, 08:07:34 PM »

Meh, it's a big place.  I'll just consider myself unlucky if I run into you and you're in the mood for :undecided:

« Reply #67 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 08:31:50 PM »
Hows Kielder forest for wild camping?
Of course. I've been grooming Pedro for ages just to get a crack at that starfish.

OpenC

• NN953999
« Reply #68 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 09:37:13 PM »

Technically illegal, is all I know :(

« Reply #69 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 09:38:57 PM »

Technically illegal, is all I know :(

could see camp fires being an issue like. theres a few sites up there like. would love to camp at redesdale near the end of the forest drive.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 09:45:03 PM »
i think the only place you're allowed to camp is at kielder castle and the bit on the lake side where only the scouts are allowed, just up beyond leaplish.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

« Reply #71 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 10:30:39 PM »
But shirley kielder forest is so massive that you could wild camp quite easily without anyone seeing you, no?
Of course. I've been grooming Pedro for ages just to get a crack at that starfish.

« Reply #72 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 10:36:35 PM »
But shirley kielder forest is so massive that you could wild camp quite easily without anyone seeing you, no?

wood imagine so.
just watch out for forest clearing in the morning.

if a tree falls over in the night when your wild camping and your asleep and dont hear it- did it make a noise?

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #73 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 10:56:54 PM »
definitly, same goes for most of the northumberland national park, especially if you leave it till late and pack up early. i'd be more worried about where i'd left the car. if it was somewhere like barrowburn there'd be every chance of a search party being sent out looking on the basis of the car and i wouldn't want to crreate all that hassle.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #74 on: Sunday 26 June 2011, 10:57:21 PM »

wood imagine so.
just watch out for forest clearing in the morning.

if a tree falls over in the night when your wild camping and your asleep and dont hear it- did it make a noise?
aye..."squish"