Author Topic: Game of Thrones - The "No Kaizeros club" - S7E01 Kaizeros  (Read 276182 times)

Dokko

• TT
  • Howay you robot radgies
Re: Game of Thrones - The "No Kaizeros club"
« Reply #7425 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 08:35:38 PM »
fuckity f*** f***..how on earth am I supposed to wait unti July for this? Then a week at a time. This is no good. I'm already getting GoT sweats waiting  :frantic:

Seriously though, it's been epic. So glad I picked this back up, best tv show in a long time, one of the best ever no doubt about it. The hype, the interest I get it now, I'm sorry for all those rolled eyes as people got excited and giddy, p*ssed at spoilers and went out and bought hordor door stops...I get you now.

Dokko

• TT
« Reply #7426 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 08:38:46 PM »
Ps: 5 years and seriously no video games for this? Surely a skyrim mod is out there.

In production:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-game-of-thrones-adaptation-mod-for-skyrim

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • You can't holt the Colts.
« Reply #7427 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
There's a telltale game series for it. I quite enjoyed it.
14-2 for the Colts this season. I can feel it.

« Reply #7428 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:54:05 PM »
Ps: 5 years and seriously no video games for this? Surely a skyrim mod is out there.

In production:

There are mods for a couple of other games that are worth a look:

A Game of Thrones mod for Crusader Kings II is rather good, though it's basically a Littlefinger simulator with plots everywhere.

A Clash of Kings mod for Mount and Blade: Warband isn't bad if you like a lot of hack & slash but there's basically no storyline to it, pick a side and ruthlessly massacre everyone else.  The dev is a prick though.

Yorkie

• C'mTA
« Reply #7429 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:56:44 PM »
fuckity f*** f***..how on earth am I supposed to wait unti July for this? Then a week at a time. This is no good. I'm already getting GoT sweats waiting  :frantic:

Seriously though, it's been epic. So glad I picked this back up, best tv show in a long time, one of the best ever no doubt about it. The hype, the interest I get it now, I'm sorry for all those rolled eyes as people got excited and giddy, p*ssed at spoilers and went out and bought hordor door stops...I get you now.

Obvious suggestion but give the first book a try. It basically follows the first season to the letter; and gives you the time to digest and understand the heritage of the GoT world that binging doesn't allow for.

jdckelly

• Book Wanker
« Reply #7430 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:59:50 PM »

In production:

like froggy said theres a telltale game which is meh and a game for ps3/360 which is s**** (but allegedly the storys good, wouldn't know because the gameplays so s***)

« Reply #7431 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 11:03:59 PM »
The Crusader Kings 2 GoT mod is outrageous, but :lol: it's still CK2.

Troll

• Book Wanker
« Reply #7432 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:05:43 AM »

:yao: July. 

:lol:  I had to wait eleven years to find out what happened to Tyrion after he fled King's Landing. 

Dokko

• TT
« Reply #7433 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
I picked the Ck mod back up. Last time I had it I'd never seen an episode or played ck. Started it up, executed Jamie lannister then realised I haven't got a clue wtf am doing in ck and realised why I stopped playing it after the first attempt.

Telltales, can take or leave em. Did some of the walking dead one, bttf was s****. Not sure.

Reading hmmm...i like the idea, but it usually ends up with me asleep after 5mins.

James

• Book Wanker Wannabe
« Reply #7434 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
I picked the Ck mod back up. Last time I had it I'd never seen an episode or played ck. Started it up, executed Jamie lannister then realised I haven't got a clue wtf am doing in ck and realised why I stopped playing it after the first attempt.

Telltales, can take or leave em. Did some of the walking dead one, bttf was s****. Not sure.

Reading hmmm...i like the idea, but it usually ends up with me asleep after 5mins.

In that case just watch the shows again from episode 1 onwards. Certain scenes can be better appreciated better second time around, and you can watch some characters e.g Ned Stark dig their own grave.
I looked into the eye of the Island and what I saw was beautiful.

joeyt

• Loves an Anthem
« Reply #7435 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 09:53:03 PM »
Walked past this bloke today on Northumberland Street, didn't realise he lived in Newcastle

« Reply #7436 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Walked past this bloke today on Northumberland Street, didn't realise he lived in Newcastle

Maybe he's developed a thing for ancient walls?

« Reply #7437 on: Saturday 18 February 2017, 03:07:15 AM »

Maybe he's developed a thing for ancient walls?
Or b******s.

« Reply #7438 on: Monday 27 February 2017, 01:17:45 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-39095305

Game of Thrones actor Neil Fingleton dies

Britain's tallest man, who played a giant in Game of Thrones, has died, reportedly of a heart attack, at the age of 36.
Neil Fingleton, from Durham, was 7ft 7in tall, and was a basketball player in the US before moving into acting.
He played Mag The Mighty in the TV fantasy series, and also worked on X-Men and Dr Who, in which he played the Fisher King monster.
His title as Britain's tallest man was confirmed in 2007.
Speaking on his decision to become an actor, which followed his retirement from basketball due to injury, Mr Fingleton said: "There are tens of millions of people in this country, and I'm the tallest, which is a very special thing.
"So why not use it to my advantage and be recognised, not just for being tall but for being a talented actor."

There have been a number of tributes on social media.
Broadcaster Jeremy Vine tweeted: "How early, how sad: "Game of Thrones star and UK's tallest man Neil Fingleton dies aged 36."
Middlesbrough MP Tom Blenkinsop tweeted: "Really sad news about Neil Fingleton. Played, amongst many things, Mag the Mighty in #GoT. Also a Huge Boro fan!! Only 36!! So, so sad."
A statement posted on the Tall Persons Club group Facebook page read: "Sadly it has come to our attention that Neil Fingleton Britain's Tallest man passed away on Saturday.
"Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family."
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

« Reply #7439 on: Monday 27 February 2017, 01:40:48 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-39095305

Game of Thrones actor Neil Fingleton dies

Britain's tallest man, who played a giant in Game of Thrones, has died, reportedly of a heart attack, at the age of 36.
Neil Fingleton, from Durham, was 7ft 7in tall, and was a basketball player in the US before moving into acting.
He played Mag The Mighty in the TV fantasy series, and also worked on X-Men and Dr Who, in which he played the Fisher King monster.
His title as Britain's tallest man was confirmed in 2007.
Speaking on his decision to become an actor, which followed his retirement from basketball due to injury, Mr Fingleton said: "There are tens of millions of people in this country, and I'm the tallest, which is a very special thing.
"So why not use it to my advantage and be recognised, not just for being tall but for being a talented actor."

There have been a number of tributes on social media.
Broadcaster Jeremy Vine tweeted: "How early, how sad: "Game of Thrones star and UK's tallest man Neil Fingleton dies aged 36."
Middlesbrough MP Tom Blenkinsop tweeted: "Really sad news about Neil Fingleton. Played, amongst many things, Mag the Mighty in #GoT. Also a Huge Boro fan!! Only 36!! So, so sad."
A statement posted on the Tall Persons Club group Facebook page read: "Sadly it has come to our attention that Neil Fingleton Britain's Tallest man passed away on Saturday.
"Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family."
Kaiz spoiled this for me weeks ago [emoji38]

« Reply #7440 on: Monday 27 February 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

He's on regularly at The Stand, or he was.

« Reply #7441 on: Monday 27 February 2017, 06:10:31 PM »
Worked with Neil Fingleton's brother years ago, he was 6'9" himself

• NUFC54
  • Remember the Cant.
« Reply #7442 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 08:13:03 PM »
Season 7 premiere date is the Sunday, July 16 :frantic:
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

• NUFC54
  • Remember the Cant.
« Reply #7443 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 08:17:23 PM »
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

oldtype

• Book Wanker
  • Rafa in public
« Reply #7444 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 08:31:13 PM »
(insert all the "my body is ready" memes here)

Yorkie

• C'mTA
« Reply #7445 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 10:04:14 PM »
s*** the bed. :megusta:

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7446 on: Thursday 9 March 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
Have they cut back the amount of episodes they've got left?
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #7447 on: Friday 10 March 2017, 11:52:28 AM »
I think they initially wanted 8 per season but it's down to 7 in season 7 and 6 in season 8.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #7448 on: Friday 10 March 2017, 11:57:35 AM »
No reason given?  Brexit? :lol:
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #7449 on: Friday 10 March 2017, 12:07:48 PM »
Think it was Trump's decision.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson