The scouting network - Graham Carr leaves

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest sicko2ndbest

These guys have a huge task ahead. The recent aquisitions of HBA and Tiote suggest the know a good buy when they see one.

This window is going to be completely different to last summer. Last summer clubs knew we didnt really have a pot to piss in so our negotiating position was simply if the terms are too high we walk away. Clubs now know we have money in our pockets and they will try and fleece us for every last penny.

I do not want it to be all spent on 2 players. 40million could by 4/5 top class players with plenty of potential and this is the route i hope we take. In fact i will be quite dissappointed if we ONLY spend 40 million as i would have expected a busy summer regardless of the Carroll money.

If Graham Carr and his network get this window right, we could be pushing a top 6 position within the next 2 years. I really do thin once the anger of yesterday is out of the way, if we stay up and these guys do a good job, Mr Carrolls departure could be the club re-awakening from its slumber as a force in English football

I hope that it is invested wisely. And Carr and the rest of them have a good 6 months to get sorted.

The next window will be massive, along with AP's pre season training etc. This is what he will be judged on

This window is going to be completely different to last summer. Last summer clubs knew we didnt really have a pot to piss in so our negotiating position was simply if the terms are too high we walk away. Clubs now know we have money in our pockets and they will try and fleece us for every last penny.

I keep reading this but don't really believe it tbh.  On top of us having some cash, they will also know that we seriously need to rebuild our squad.  We won't be paying over the odds for players.  I actually think it will strengthen our position.  Would another club rather take 10m cash that window or 12-15m over three or whatever seasons?  I think I know which one I'd go for.

We won't be but we should be lining deals up for the summer now.

Yep. Players with just a year left on their deals after this season too.

:thup:

I hope that we look outside the box too, there are loads of decent bargains to be had as we showed with Cheick as most of these are going to be from abroad so we need to get looked. Be fucking annoyed if we just waste it on Premiership shitbags like NRC, Carlton Cole and the likes which stinks of laziness.

This is right I would be annoyed if we splashed this cash on likes of Crouch & CARLTON COLE!

Use this money wisely and we will improve without a doubt!

More signings like Tiote & Ben Arfa would be the way forward definately.

Couple strikers one has to be a 20+ goals a season potential.

Right winger?

Defender

These guys have a huge task ahead. The recent aquisitions of HBA and Tiote suggest the know a good buy when they see one.

I do not want it to be all spent on 2 players. 40million could by 4/5 top class players with plenty of potential and this is the route i hope we take. In fact i will be quite dissappointed if we ONLY spend 40 million as i would have expected a busy summer regardless of the Carroll money.

If Graham Carr and his network get this window right, we could be pushing a top 6 position within the next 2 years. I really do thin once the anger of yesterday is out of the way, if we stay up and these guys do a good job, Mr Carrolls departure could be the club re-awakening from its slumber as a force in English football

Broadly agree with this.

Just a shame the club can't publically state it's all for debt management and not to be splurged on transfers which might send prices south.

That said, the one thing the ashley regime has done is negotiated transfer fees - both in and out.

Guest sicko2ndbest

This is right I would be annoyed if we splashed this cash on likes of Crouch & CARLTON COLE!

Use this money wisely and we will improve without a doubt!

More signings like Tiote & Ben Arfa would be the way forward definately.

Couple strikers one has to be a 20+ goals a season potential.

Right winger?

Defender

A 20+ goal a season wont leave much money for anyone else tbh

Need 7 players this summer minimum.

2 wingers (1 for each side, maybe winger cum striker)

2 quality strikers

1 DM cover for Tiote. Wouldnt taking a punt on Samba if we can get him, kill two birds with one stone (replacing Campbell)

2 Fullbacks

We will either buy Ireland or someone similar for the centre if his loan signing is anything to go by.

Will be tough to keep that under 40m . Selling Xisco, Smith, Perch, Routledge, Raylor, Lovenkrands, Campbell and Best will probably not even give us 5m either. They all need shifting though.

Probably see some of the bairns leave like Lua Lua, Donaldson, Tozer and Grieve. It will be interesting to see if the former gets any games when he recovers from his ankle injury. He is still young but should be breaking unto the scene if we are going to keep him.

2 quality strikers

1 DM cover for Tiote. Wouldnt taking a punt on Samba if we can get him, kill two birds with one stone (replacing Campbell)

2 Fullbacks

We will either buy Ireland or someone similar for the centre if his loan signing is anything to go by.

Will be tough to keep that under 40m . Selling Xisco, Smith, Perch, Routledge, Raylor, Lovenkrands, Campbell and Best will probably not even give us 5m either. They all need shifting though.

Probably see some of the bairns leave like Lua Lua, Donaldson, Tozer and Grieve. It will be interesting to see if the former gets any games when he recovers from his ankle injury. He is still young but should be breaking unto the scene if we are going to keep him.

Probably wise to change things a little more slowly than that.

2 quality strikers

2 Fullbacks

Probably wise to change things a little more slowly than that.

Depends how quickly we can get deals done. I'm sure alot of my outgoings list wont happen ie Raylor, Smith and Best. It will be a long summer and Pardew had already spoken of completely rebuilding then to make the team his.

I would say 5-7 in is certainly dramatic but realistic imo. We did it before with Big Sam.. look how that turned out! Ok point taken.

Two strikers will take up the majority of the money and are the most important. Wingers and Full Back cover close behind.

I'm actually confident about our scouting network now.  Strange though wasn't under Shepherd clearly as that was pretty much jobs for the boys, and even when ashley first took over, but now we seem to have established a good network, basically what he wanted, but without someone with the title of DOF, which is good.  Let's see what we bring in

If I had to guess what the summer will bring it would be one high profile exit (likely Enrique) and £10 million tops spent on new players.

You also have to consider we'll be competing with other clubs like Sunderland who also have a bit of wedge to spend and we dont offer big wages. I really hope we go for under the radar players like Tiote otherwise any money will be squandered on dross like Carlton Cole (frankly, he's barely an upgrade on Ameobi).