Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't care about the actual amount of wages. If the club are happy that it's a decent deal then whether it's £30k or £45k makes absolutely no difference.

I'd be more worried about Ireland as a character and how he might affect the dressing room. The good thing is that he has something to prove after being a forgotten man at City and flopping at Villa.

The question is why his form at Villa has been so bad, and if he can achieve anything near his original City form. If he can he's a class player.

I think we should sign a very good 10 million plus striker in the summer. I can not see a 1 or 2 mil striker would be any better than what we got already.

So do I, but we obviously won't.

We just need to hope for more Tiote/Ben Arfa type bargain buys, that will be our approach I'm sure.

I think we should sign a very good 10 million plus striker in the summer. I can not see a 1 or 2 mil striker would be any better than what we got already.

We just need to hope for more Tiote/Ben Arfa type bargain buys, that will be our approach I'm sure.

In any other postions we can find a Tiote or HBA but I doubt for good strikers. They are rare breed and hard to find. It is why they are always expensive as well....

Could still be a bit to go before he signs for us.......but either way, would be a great loan signing for us.

I just hope we can add another striker too.

Can't take that long the window closes in a week.

I know, I meant in terms of talking about his wages. The panic button is at hand now....times 'a tickin'

Guest palnese

Who cares about what he's paid? If it's okey for Ashley, it's okey for us. Our wage bill is quite low compared to what it used to be anyway.

EDIT: What Ian W said :aww:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

A loan deal is good, if he's shit, we're fine, if he turns out good for us we're in a good position to buy

A complete and utter waste of a loan fee and wages, iyam. We would not be getting that player who had a great season a couple of years ago a Man Shitty, he's reverted back to his complete average self and wouldn't even provide us with any cover I would rather stick with Gosling and Guthrie covering for injuries and suspends, at least they both have chins. f***ing ugly useless t***.

Ben Afra must be around 7m including the loan fee, but yeah, hopefully he will be a bargain. :thup:

I think if we can find a good deal on any player (even if that means over 10m), as long as it is seems good value, I think we would find the money to do it. The economic climate may have changed to a degree but the thing that warms m'cockles is that Ashley was willing to spend over 10m on a quality defender (not your usual kind of wow signing) and that for me is now paying off handsomely. I have faith that we'd do the same again.