John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

Lee Ryder just said on Twitter, should be a story on Ronnie Gill website anytime soon.

Good move, always liked Carver.

John Carver has been appointed as Assistant Manager to Alan Pardew at Newcastle United.

Carver, 46, has joined United on a contract until the end of the season.

Manager Alan Pardew said: "I'm delighted to be bringing John on board, he has an excellent track record as a coach and of course knows this club very well.

"It was crucial for me that I brought in an assistant who I knew would work well with the current coaching team we have here. We've got a good solid set-up with some excellent staff and maintaining that stability is very important to me. John fitted the bill perfectly.

"It's a short term deal at the moment in order that I can get to know John better and it gives us both the chance to see how the next four months pan out working together.

"That said, I'm very confident he'll be a great addition to our coaching staff and hopefully, if things go well, we can make it a longer term appointment come the summer."

And John added: "I am proud and honoured to be able to come back once again to my home town club.

"I have been lucky to be able to work around the world with some excellent people. However, I have always been a fan of this magnificent club and the years I spent working here were some of the happiest of my life.

"I am looking forward to working with Alan Pardew and building on the recent strides that the club has taken to get back to where we belong, at the top of English football.

"I understand how much the club and the results mean to these wonderful fans and I am delighted to be have the opportunity to assist Alan in delivering them the success they deserve.

"I would like to thank Mike, Derek and Alan for giving me this incredible opportunity."

Carver was previously at United under Sir Bobby Robson up until September 2004 and even took charge of the team in a caretaker capacity against Blackburn Rovers at St. James' Park on 11 September 2004, winning 3 - 0.

John has also spent time in various capacities at Leeds United, Luton Town, Toronto (MLS), Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield United. He also held the post of Academy Manager at Newcastle United in 2004/05.

As a player John joined United at the age of 14 in 1979, turning professional in 1983 but suffered a serious thigh injury playing for the Reserves at Wolves.

He moved to Cardiff in 1985 without having made a first team appearance for United but did play 13 times for the Bluebirds before that injury brought a premature end to his playing career.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110118/carvers-coming-home_2281670_2269307

Carver's Coming Home

John Carver has been appointed as Assistant Manager to Alan Pardew at Newcastle United.

Carver, 46, has joined United on a contract until the end of the season.

Manager Alan Pardew said: "I'm delighted to be bringing John on board, he has an excellent track record as a coach and of course knows this club very well.

"It was crucial for me that I brought in an assistant who I knew would work well with the current coaching team we have here. We've got a good solid set-up with some excellent staff and maintaining that stability is very important to me. John fitted the bill perfectly.

"It's a short term deal at the moment in order that I can get to know John better and it gives us both the chance to see how the next four months pan out working together.

"That said, I'm very confident he'll be a great addition to our coaching staff and hopefully, if things go well, we can make it a longer term appointment come the summer."

And John added: "I am proud and honoured to be able to come back once again to my home town club.

"I have been lucky to be able to work around the world with some excellent people. However, I have always been a fan of this magnificent club and the years I spent working here were some of the happiest of my life.

"I am looking forward to working with Alan Pardew and building on the recent strides that the club has taken to get back to where we belong, at the top of English football.

"I understand how much the club and the results mean to these wonderful fans and I am delighted to be have the opportunity to assist Alan in delivering them the success they deserve.

"I would like to thank Mike, Derek and Alan for giving me this incredible opportunity."

Carver was previously at United under Sir Bobby Robson up until September 2004 and even took charge of the team in a caretaker capacity against Blackburn Rovers at St. James' Park on 11 September 2004, winning 3 - 0.

John has also spent time in various capacities at Leeds United, Luton Town, Toronto (MLS), Plymouth Argyle and Sheffield United. He also held the post of Academy Manager at Newcastle United in 2004/05.

As a player John joined United at the age of 14 in 1979, turning professional in 1983 but suffered a serious thigh injury playing for the Reserves at Wolves.

He moved to Cardiff in 1985 without having made a first team appearance for United but did play 13 times for the Bluebirds before that injury brought a premature end to his playing career.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110118/carvers-coming-home_2281670_2269307