Author Topic: Intergalactic Cosmic Space Thread about Stuff in Space  (Read 51743 times)

• NUFC54
  • Winter is here.
Re: Intergalactic Cosmic Space Thread about Stuff in Space
« Reply #1650 on: Thursday 1 September 2016, 10:15:36 PM »

Bit of a setback for SpaceX
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.

“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

« Reply #1653 on: Saturday 19 November 2016, 02:00:57 PM »
how will physicists possibly recover? It's like doctors having to admit homeopathy works

Was hoping this would happen, was expecting them to find it was some error mind. Stick it on a cubesat and lets get going

« Reply #1654 on: Saturday 19 November 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
For those unfamiliar with what Peer Review is: it doesn't test the validity of claims, it checks whether the methodology of testing is flawed. The original superluminal neutrino paper is an example: methodologically sound, but later turned out to be incorrect due to equipment issues.

« Reply #1655 on: Saturday 19 November 2016, 02:35:46 PM »
Yeahyeahyeah we all know what peer reviewed means. This has got the neck beards over on Reddit fuming, experimentalists once again showing theoreticals up. "B-b-but my theories  :weep: ITS DARK ENERGY"

They need to get it into space asap, test it out. Potentially huge. Would make getting to Mars so trivial.

« Reply #1656 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 12:22:50 PM »

« Reply #1659 on: Today at 09:20:14 AM »
Anyone see the Space X launch the other day?  f***ing love them landing Stage 1 like a real life version of Thunderbird 3 :lol:

« Reply #1660 on: Today at 11:13:23 AM »
It's amazing.

You can hear all the people who have worked for years in this vid. Particularly the landing part (great on-board shot).

Never look down on someone, unless you're helping them up!

Northerngimp

• Show me what you've got!
« Reply #1661 on: Today at 11:47:02 AM »
What fuel does it use?

• NUFC54
  • Winter is here.
« Reply #1663 on: Today at 12:39:36 PM »
What fuel does it use?
Dilithiam Crystals.
My name is 54, and this is my favourite forum on the internet.