Author Topic: Intergalactic Cosmic Space Thread about Stuff in Space  (Read 54288 times)

ObiChrisKenobi

Intergalactic Cosmic Space Thread about Stuff in Space
« on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:17:11 PM »

Seems to be a good bunch of people here who like Space. I like it too, have since I was young. At one point, like most, I wanted to be an Astronaught, think it was just after I found out that I couldn't be an FBI Agent, or least not one that worked on the X-Files (thanks Mrs. Gordon for ruining a Child's dream). Anyway...

What a week its been!

SpaceX, the First Commercial Re-entry Spacecraft launched today and splashed down as planned! http://www.spacex.com/updates.php

And strangely, there seems to be some giant Dark Object outside the solar system throwing things into our solar system! Daily Mail ran the story, so imagine they're claiming its an illegal immigrant planet trying to sneak into our garden to leach of the 'system'. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1336540/Massive-dark-object-lurking-edge-solar-hurling-comets-Earth.html

Other people suggest its the mysterious Nibiru planet, the planet that's due to kill us all off in 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision

Personally, I'm excited that something is out there, and possibly always been out there, causing so much disruption to the balance of the solar system and they're only just NOW becoming aware of it! Really wish we'd explore space more.

Re: Intergalactic Cosmic Space Thread about Stuff in Space
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:20:48 PM »
Space is awesome.

Well, that's all I've got.

Pilko

• Born with a heart full of neutrality
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:23:38 PM »
Mike, that was s***
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:25:10 PM »
They never went to the Moon.

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:25:47 PM »
Mike, that was s***

Space is canny, like.

I love space, me.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:26:59 PM »
Ashley is a c***, Pardew out.

LesPaul

• Book Wanker
  • Resident Star Wars Nut. Also Book w*****.
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
I like hats.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:28:16 PM »

God, is Pardew in?

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:29:02 PM »

God, is Pardew in?

Tomorrow, but I've told you I don't like being called that. 'Dave' will do.

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:29:13 PM »
Pie and mash for me tonight, like.

Jill

• Don't really care what.
  • L'appel du vide.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:29:56 PM »
Spaceman I always wanted you go to into space man.

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:30:01 PM »

God, is Pardew in?

Tomorrow, but I've told you I don't like being called that. 'Dave' will do.

Come on, Vishnu. No need for that!

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:30:19 PM »

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:32:32 PM »

:fwap:

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
Carl Sagan, man, legend! The Symphony of Science vids should be done in high quality and released! Music and science!  :smitten:

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:41:57 PM »
f***ing love Cosmos, man.

Nowadays I'll watch anything Neil deGrasse Tyson is involved with.

ObiChrisKenobi

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:44:33 PM »
BBC always seem to manage to pull off quality programs about space, think I'll have to acquire some tomorrow.

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:45:24 PM »
put pubs in space and i'll be more interested.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

adam

• Thoroughly blue veining
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
Bitchtits.

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 10:02:57 PM »

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 10:10:44 PM »

Seems to be a good bunch of people here who like Space. I like it too, have since I was young. At one point, like most, I wanted to be an Astronaught, think it was just after I found out that I couldn't be an FBI Agent, or least not one that worked on the X-Files (thanks Mrs. Gordon for ruining a Child's dream). Anyway...

What a week its been!

SpaceX, the First Commercial Re-entry Spacecraft launched today and splashed down as planned! http://www.spacex.com/updates.php

And strangely, there seems to be some giant Dark Object outside the solar system throwing things into our solar system! Daily Mail ran the story, so imagine they're claiming its an illegal immigrant planet trying to sneak into our garden to leach of the 'system'. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1336540/Massive-dark-object-lurking-edge-solar-hurling-comets-Earth.html

Other people suggest its the mysterious Nibiru planet, the planet that's due to kill us all off in 2012. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibiru_collision

Personally, I'm excited that something is out there, and possibly always been out there, causing so much disruption to the balance of the solar system and they're only just NOW becoming aware of it! Really wish we'd explore space more.

If you're a podcast listener, the Naked Scientists do a pretty good space podcast called "Naked Astronomy".
"Whenever I have a nightmare it isn't in colour.  It's always black and white, the colours of the meanest, toughest  club ever to run on to a football field.  Collingwood.  I've laboured the point of my hatred of Collingwood and it isn't a friendly dislike - as a club they rankle me.  You couldn't like them, they think they are God's gift to football, they shun all outsiders and the only time I like to think of Collingwood is when they lose, because it hurts them so much. I've always been a bad loser, but I'm a good sport compared to Collingwood.  If they win they gloat, if they lose they hide themselves away and sulk.  When they lose they never visit your rooms or congratulate you and they'll send you round hot beer to have a drink.  I wouldn't drink anything they offered, you wouldn't know what they had done to it." Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer.

LBW

• TPFKA lankybellwipe
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 10:12:12 PM »
"You're giving ME the 'it's naat you it's me' routine? If it's anybaady, it's ME!!"
"Ok George, it's YOU!"
"You're DAMN RIGHT IT'S ME!"

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
Love space-based discussion. There are so many questions. The most pertinent one for me is: are we alone? We can't be, man!
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 8 December 2010, 10:52:57 PM »
Nah, we can't be alone, man. It's too big.