Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 73565 times)

adam

• Thoroughly blue veining
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 10:02:39 AM »
Thought it was excellent. The scene with the black guy and the rifle was a particular standout like, but i really didnt like the horse bit. Kinda spoiled the whole thing for my lass too considering she has three horses, says she wont be watching it again now.

« Reply #51 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
HAHA You did tell her it wasn't a real horse didn't ya??

« Reply #52 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 12:00:40 PM »
Is this black guy going to be in everything where the whole of humanity is in danger? Thought he dithered on the shooting of his wife/zombie too long (schlock tension). I was waiting for the boy to say. "You shot mama"!!!  :lol:

It is spellbinding in the sense that you know it can't go a whole season with just zombie shootouts. Waiting for the next layer.

6.8/10

adam

« Reply #53 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
HAHA You did tell her it wasn't a real horse didn't ya??

Aye she knows that, but the shot of the horse falling over would have been real.

« Reply #54 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 01:00:14 PM »
Aye I suppose. Must get stunt horses though surely!! Did have an effect that scene to be honest though.

adam

« Reply #55 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 01:25:12 PM »
Aye you rarely see animals harmed (or implying that theyre being harmed) on telly, so that was pretty hard to watch.

turbonegro

• norway
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 01:55:12 PM »
Aye you rarely see animals harmed (or implying that theyre being harmed) on telly, so that was pretty hard to watch.

while watching humans beeing killed doesn`t bother you?

this always amuses me.
friends with the Benedict's

« Reply #57 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
All this fuss about a horse. What do you think the soldiers were eating in the WWI ?

guinness_fiend

« Reply #58 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 03:03:08 PM »
All this fuss about a horse. What do you think the soldiers were eating in the WWI ?

Bullets?

« Reply #59 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 05:11:59 PM »
loved the first epsiode.
cant wait for the rest of the series

Heneage

« Reply #60 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Same happened to me when a dog got killed in Slither.  :blush:

« Reply #61 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
Surprised so many people thought the black dude shooting his wife was such a pivotal scene.  It was way too drawn out for me, they're f***ing zombies ffs.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Heneage

« Reply #62 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 08:23:33 PM »
Noooo, he was going through a real tough choice. Do you shoot her? It's early days what if there is a cure?

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #63 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 08:27:35 PM »
Disagree, I thought the scene was well-done from the perspective of making me ask myself: "would I be able to shoot her?"... They might be zombies, but Darabont has done a fine job of adding a lingering human element to them.

« Reply #64 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 08:29:22 PM »
Yup - terrific first episode. It's very dark and not for the squeamish - I hope it maintains this tone. Only 6 episodes for the first season as well, apparently. Second season (if commissioned) will run to thirteen.

MKSC

• Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 10:07:06 PM »
Thought it was a decent first episode. The horse being disembowled was pretty grusome. It will have to be good and they will have to find something new to do with the content as over the last few years the whole zombie slash virus that makes people like zombies thing has been done to death, so to speak.

« Reply #66 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 11:12:13 PM »
Noooo, he was going through a real tough choice. Do you shoot her? It's early days what if there is a cure?

There is no cure though is there? They have already died from the fever and it's just some sort of bacteria inside them going on auto pilot.  Even if you cure the bacteria they just go back to being a corpse.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

« Reply #67 on: Sunday 7 November 2010, 12:35:35 AM »
I think the scene was excellent. It was the way they made her look human-ish and maybe even mouthed some words. And then walked away rather than head towards the gun noise like all the others were. Impossible to know what you'd do but I'd imagine it must be one of the hardest things ever, kill a loved one.

« Reply #68 on: Sunday 7 November 2010, 01:09:18 PM »
Disagree, I thought the scene was well-done from the perspective of making me ask myself: "would I be able to shoot her?"... They might be zombies, but Darabont has done a fine job of adding a lingering human element to them.

I agree with that (her coming back to the house and trying the doorknob etc). But and it's a small but the shooting scene with him unable to pull the trigger was a little bit milked imo (schlock emotions). On the whole I have high hopes for this series.

« Reply #69 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 01:13:53 AM »
That was mostly what I was talking about; it being milked.  Of course it would be hard but pull the trigger man, she's a zombie.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #70 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 05:10:34 AM »
Weak ending but another great episode.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #71 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 07:39:17 AM »
Another good episode. Hate waiting a week for the next one. I could easily sit and watch a whole season of this from start to finish the way its going.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

turbonegro

• norway
« Reply #72 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 08:43:34 PM »
great potential. I just love seeing big citys and such totally empty.

hope there`s not to much crying and s**** when he gets back and finds his wife all filled up by deputy-juice.
friends with the Benedict's

Heneage

« Reply #73 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
I f***ing hate my Internet connection, it's taking ages to even just stream this. :rant:

« Reply #74 on: Monday 8 November 2010, 09:53:10 PM »
great potential. I just love seeing big citys and such totally empty.

hope there`s not to much crying and s**** when he gets back and finds his wife all filled up by deputy-juice.

The preview doesn't make it seem like it's a big deal, although they could just be saving it for the actual show.  They make the racist dude seem like a bigger deal.

Trying pretty hard not to read the graphic novel.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒