Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 79112 times)

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #25 on: Monday 1 November 2010, 05:12:04 PM »
Nice one, cheers :)

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #26 on: Monday 1 November 2010, 09:34:44 PM »
Pilot brought in the largest numbers in AMC's history. Second season looks inevitable.

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 12:00:02 AM »
Thought it was overall a good pilot.  Needs to have some stuff worked on but overall it was good.  I really like the look of the rest of the season as well, it looks like the zombies will be more of a backdrop to the actual drama within the groups of survivors.  Can't wait for the prick partner to get it for moving in on his partner's wife. 
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Weezertron

• I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 12:12:24 AM »
Felt really awful for the horse. I would have been sick with guilt.

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 12:44:57 AM »
Thought it was overall a good pilot.  Needs to have some stuff worked on but overall it was good.  I really like the look of the rest of the season as well, it looks like the zombies will be more of a backdrop to the actual drama within the groups of survivors.  Can't wait for the prick partner to get it for moving in on his partner's wife. 

The comic very rarely got bogged down in zombie killing. It's very good storytelling, and although I haven't seen the pilot yet, I'm hearing that it's essentially the comic come to life. It's going to be very very good.

Just waiting for my favorite character to show up.

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 02:55:05 AM »
The comic is more about how people interact and behave without the rules of society, the zombies are just they excuse as such that allow people to do what they want. I'm going to watch this now but I should really go to bed !

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 03:18:32 AM »
I thought the pilot was beautifully paced. I hope they can sustain that through 1 hour episodes as well. It sometimes puts me off when they ask British actors in to do the accent etc, but Andrew Lincoln was great. I'm very tempted to check out the comic now.

I'm glad they weren't overly squeamish either - it didn't pull many punches.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 03:20:34 AM »
That was a nice reveal. I hope we don't see too many joins, the pilot was very polished.
Obviously, I'm speaking of a hypothetical world in which there is a greater club than Tottenham.

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 03:21:53 AM »
Watched the trailer. Couldn't believe it was the guy from teachers.

This Life [/old person's edit]

Northerngimp

• Brexit W*nker
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 10:23:38 AM »
IS this on in the UK?

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 12:28:54 PM »

Heneage

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 03:58:56 PM »
Was it just me who got the feeling the partner may have been seeing the wife pre-zombies ?

CaliMag

• Ser Spoiler
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 06:14:28 PM »
Great episode. I was inspired and bought the first two graphic novels yesterday. Almost finished with the second. Pretty good stuff.

If there is a comparison to be made to another show it would have to be Battlestar Galactica.

Similarities: Humanity has essentially been eradicated. How far can you go in trying to save it without actually destroying it? AT what point is humanity not worth saving? Did we bring thsi s*** upon oursleves because of our own shortcomings (as a race)?

I hope is stays there. If it ends with Angels and non-sensical "visions" the way Battlestar went toward the end I'll be irritated. I doubt it though. Seems to be locked on gritty Noiresque realism.

Also I though Andrew Lincoln did a good job. I think English actors love doing southern american accents (see "True Blood"). Renee Zellweger, Gwyneth Paltrow and the cast of Spinal Tap aside, North Americans are usually crap at mimicing accents on the other side of the pond.
One of the few remaining non-hystericals.

Heneage

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 07:37:04 PM »
Ok watched it again and noted the following points.

Spoiler
-The Husband with the sniper rifle. Fantastic scene, I think just shooting her wouldn't have been believable, the fact she still looked really human made it better.
-The eating of the horse, is it wrong I felt for the horse? It was only in the episode for maybe 5-10 minutes but I felt for it, an innocent horse eaten. :(
-The whole look and feel was fantastic, the fact he puts back on his uniform.
-The climax of the pilot looked fantastic, already wondering who the voice is and how he's going to get out of this.

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 09:34:22 PM »

Spoiler
-The climax of the pilot looked fantastic, already wondering who the voice is and how he's going to get out of this.
Spoiler
gotta be the asian kid in the previews, right?
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 2 November 2010, 10:07:15 PM »

Spoiler
Spoiler
gotta be the asian kid in the previews, right?
That's exactly what I was thinking. We're going to need some serious spoiler policing as the comics have been out for a while.

Nixon, I agree with you about the wife. I also loved the scene with Andrew Lincoln in the park, both the set-up and the way it panned out.

If they keep managing to set up a cliffhanger each episode it will be unmissable.

Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 4 November 2010, 02:00:58 AM »
Really enjoyed this.

« Reply #42 on: Thursday 4 November 2010, 12:49:05 PM »
Finally got around to watching it last night.

Absolutely brilliant!

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 4 November 2010, 07:06:26 PM »
Just watched it, very, very promising.

« Reply #44 on: Thursday 4 November 2010, 11:30:58 PM »
Can't wait for the prick partner to get it for moving in on his partner's wife. 

Having an affair before he even got shot IYAM

indi

• Administrator
  • Death to David Pleat.
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 4 November 2010, 11:45:42 PM »
Thought it was good, one thing annoyed me though, if the lights were working at the hospital then why wasn't anything else? [/nitpicking]

« Reply #46 on: Friday 5 November 2010, 01:14:57 AM »
Thought it was good, one thing annoyed me though, if the lights were working at the hospital then why wasn't anything else? [/nitpicking]

Maybe that room they locked the zombies in had the fusebox in it?

Heneage

« Reply #47 on: Friday 5 November 2010, 01:17:18 AM »

Got that feeling as soon as I saw it and put it together with the conversation in the car.

Are we going to be strict with spoilers as of Monday when the next episode airs?

« Reply #48 on: Friday 5 November 2010, 01:40:42 AM »

Got that feeling as soon as I saw it and put it together with the conversation in the car.

Are we going to be strict with spoilers as of Monday when the next episode airs?

I think we have to be, particularly as the whole thing is based on a comic book.

« Reply #49 on: Saturday 6 November 2010, 12:20:02 AM »
Very impressed with it. From the trailers I thought he didn't come across as a good Rick, but f*ck was I wrong. Looking forward to the alien invasion in episode 75.
It's a yellow. End of f***ing story. Dangerous? Aye, on planet Soft c***. f***ing hate football and the stupid f***ing refs. f***ing hate Arsenal as well. In fact, I hate every single club in the f***ing league.

f***ing b******s.