Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 71169 times)

The Walking Dead
« on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 08:33:36 PM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/

Looks brilliant! The first episode has been leaked, so everyone who loves American TV and zombies get on it!
« Last Edit: Wednesday 30 March 2016, 08:04:28 AM by Decky »
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
darabont needs a win tbh, we'll see
So raise your fists and march around
Dont dare take what you need
I'll jail and bury those committed
And smother the rest in greed
Crawl with me into tomorrow
Or i'll drag you to your grave
I'm deep inside your children
They'll betray you in my name

Sleep now in the fire

« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 09:31:33 PM »
What I read of the comic was outstanding, and the trailer made it seems as if they were just doing a panel for shot remake. Should be mandatory viewing.

Elric

• I said "YOU FUCKIN' DIE..." to her
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
First episode is mint, but the quality of the preview is s****. If you can wait for the proper HD rip, that's probably the way to go. Then you won't be left waiting 2 weeks for another episode as well :frantic:
So, you are a formerly dead black model, who is now suddenly a living white hobo after spending a weekend on the moon. Is that correct?

Weezertron

• I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 10:09:20 PM »
Watched the trailer. Couldn't believe it was the guy from teachers.

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 10:25:47 PM »
Ooh, think I'll wait though.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 October 2010, 10:39:48 PM »
I watched 30 seconds but the quality was rather dire, so I'm waiting.
NICHOLAS BRENDON (CONT’D)
That was a quote from Buffy. Come on guys.

« Reply #7 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 01:27:44 AM »
This is brilliant!
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 01:32:21 AM »
Best pilot since September 22nd 2004.

« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 01:34:34 AM »
f***ing hell, now I need to watch it in mediocre quality. Cheers for that, Andy. :angry:
NICHOLAS BRENDON (CONT’D)
That was a quote from Buffy. Come on guys.

« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 01:36:22 AM »
Not sure where people are coming from with the quality stuff. I watched it and it was fine. HD has yous all spoiled!

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 01:39:06 AM »
The initial leak was really poor, but I think there's a higher quality one floating around now.

« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 10:02:18 PM »

Even better than The Traveller?  :laugh:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

BlufPurdi

• Administrator
  • Speaking truth to stupid since 2005.
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 10:02:35 PM »
:lol: :lol:

Ouch.
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
We ourselves are responsible for our own happiness and misery. We create our own Heaven. We create our own Hell. We are the architects of our own fate.
Student says " I am very discouraged. What should I do?" Master says, "encourage others."
We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
It takes a wise man to learn from his mistakes, but an even wiser man to learn from others.
This is what should be done. By one who is skilled in goodness, and who knows the path of peace: Let them be able and upright, straightforward and gentle in speech. Humble and not conceited, contented and easily satisfied. Unburdened with duties and frugal in their ways. Peaceful and calm, and wise and skillful, not proud and demanding in nature. Let them not do the slightest thing that the wise would later reprove.

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 10:21:29 PM »
Interesting. I'm still waiting for the HD release though.

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:11:23 PM »

Even better than The Traveller?  :laugh:

Traveller's pilot was f***ing good, as everybody concurred at the time. The network ruined the show by condensing the remaining 23 episodes into 8.

Translated: STFU.

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:12:15 PM »
This is basically like Lost.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
If it's anything like Lost I'll have to give it a miss.  Going to watch the pilot though definitely.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Neil

• The stretched twig of peace is at melting point
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:13:51 PM »
I'm just joking. :lol: [see: The Event thread]

Edit: although who knows? It might be like Lost.
Thomas the Tank Engine is a f***ing c***.

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:16:39 PM »
Similarities to Lost: People walk around after dying. The characters are canny. That's about it really.

Weezertron

• I always wanted to be a Tenenbaum. NE12.
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:17:45 PM »
How many seasons do we reckon this'll run for? Hope it's short and sweet.

I'm not ready for any sort of commitment after Lost.

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 24 October 2010, 11:18:51 PM »
First season is only eight episodes I think. It'll probably have a second season since it's expected to be successful.

« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 October 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
Well the Comic is at around 70 issues atm, and from what i've heard from those all caught it up, it's only getting better and better so there's definatly enough material to go strong for a while.
"But Italian football can defy the laws of physics; only here does a small pull backwards on the shirt send a grown man tumbling forwards"

« Reply #23 on: Monday 25 October 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
The comic is extremely good.

Andy

• Administrator
  • TV w*****
« Reply #24 on: Monday 1 November 2010, 05:03:10 PM »
Aired last night, in case anyone forgot.