Jonás Gutiérrez (now managing Club Almagro)

Crumpy Gunt

I genuinely wouldn't care a jack shit if he never got near the starting 11 again.

Looked just like he did in our relegation season - I doubt a single cross connected with a Black and White colleague today. I counted five crosses in the second half he just did fuck all with. Ben Arfas first cross hit the target.

And to save me the hassle of starting another thread Perch is hopeflessly out of his depth and causes the entire back line to be pulled left, right and centre. It's an absolute cert Everton will torture him next week.

Guest neesy111

I genuinely wouldn't care a jack shit if he never got near the starting 11 again.

Looked just like he did in our relegation season - I doubt a single cross connected with a Black and White colleague today. I counted five crosses in the second half he just did fuck all with. Ben Arfas first cross hit the target.

And to save me the hassle of starting another thread Perch is hopeflessly out of his depth and causes the entire back line to be pulled left, right and centre. It's an absolute cert Everton will torture him next week.

Agreed, I've never ever rated him after his first game at the club.  One the footballers i've seen from an attacking perspective.

Guest neesy111

Certainly seems like the pendulum is shifting from 100% fan favourite to at least 50/50 divide.

Yeap, he's like a Marmite player.

People love him of his work ethic, while people will hate him as he's useless as a footballer tbh

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Well even his work rate is questionable. He works hard on the ball, but not much off it. What does my head in is that he's totally static until the ball is at his feet. He never makes a forward move, or any intelligent play to draw defenders away. He stands and waits for Jose to pass him the ball, then stops, puts it onto his right foot and runs.

Guest neesy111

Well even his work rate is questionable. He works hard on the ball, but not much off it. What does my head in is that he's totally static until the ball is at his feet. He never makes a forward move, or any intelligent play to draw defenders away. He stands and waits for Jose to pass him the ball, then stops, puts it onto his right foot and runs.

This was defo the case at the start of last season, when it looked at times he couldn't be bothered at all after not getting a move in the summer.

For me the guy doesn't have a football brain, and how he's got to this level without being able to cross a ball properly is beyond me.

Guest neesy111

Has he ever actually sucessfuly passed the ball? I think he needs dropping for awhile. Try Ben Arfa on the wing or something just get this clown off the field.

I think you could be looking around all night about that one.

Problem with Jonas is obvious, he lacks a deadly final ball from what we've seen. But there's no question that he help Enrique develop his game. They go ta good understanding and they won't always be perfect but theyve been far the most dangerous flank this season in our team. Our right hand side is decent thanks to Routledge.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Those who like him will say:

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Those who aren't too keen on his football ability will say:

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

Offers no off the ball movement to create space for himself or others

Those who like him will counter the above with:

If he could do any of that he wouldn't be playing with us. Which while it might be accurate, doesn't deter from the fact that the above points maybe true and seems like a weak deterrent from the fact that perhaps Jonas isn't as good as we hoped he'd be.

Guest neesy111

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

From this I'd say the latter is what you need to be a successful footballer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

Don't know, Andy Carroll was poo until he decided he wanted to look like a Samurai - Ronaldo. (Possibly not entirely true and very well could be a made up quote).

Guest neesy111

Relieves pressure

Only Ball Carrier

Looks like a Samurai

Can't cross accurately

Can't see a pass

Can't shoot

Runs into trouble

Don't know, Andy Carroll was poo until he decided he wanted to look like a Samurai - Ronaldo. (Possibly not entirely true and very well could be a made up quote).

:lol:

Carroll is developing his game and remember he's 21, compared to Jonas who has been a footballer for a lot longer, and he still can't shoot, pass or cross the ball properly.

Yawn. Agree with Mick. I still think he along with the likes of enrique have been carrying some of his more 'tenacious' and 'hardworking' colleagues. I don't agree with this idea he's devoid of talent either. I agree he's frustrating but i think the degree of stick (usually following a defeat) is a bit harsh. He's good enough for the majority of teams in the lower half of the division.