Our Club. Our Shirt?

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would people perhaps be interested in doing a Liverpool and making a fan's shirt with all proceeds going to The Sir Bobby Robson Foundation? I've been chatting a bit with the people behind the Liverpool fans shirts to see how it could be done, and what it pretty much needs is firstly a fundraiser to get the starting money (£7000). Then you'd need to sell 500-700 shirts to make back said startup money, which in turn could see the investments returned to the people who've invested, and then after that all proceeds from sold shirts would go the the SBR foundation?

Basically would be fan made home shirt in football shirt quality for £20 adult / £15 youth, and could possibly even toss on the SBR foundation logo if we get permission from them. I've not had a chance to discuss it with them yet, just canvassing interest as we'll need backers to get it up and running.

Obviously we'd not be able to use the official NUFC logo, but I'm sure we'd get something resembling it in a canny way.

The Liverpool Shirt: http://lsu.viga.co.uk/

Thoughts?

Whilst Liverpool fans are making a shirt to protest because they're sad like that. This would NOT be an anti-Ashley thing on our part. More a good way to support the SBR Foundation in a season where our home shirt is really expensive and not really that much of a looker.

Just to explain the actual process a bit more:

1. We get the SBR foundations endorsement. If we do not get it, the project will be dead in the water and most likely never happen unless someone else have a brilliant idea how to do it.

2. We start a fundraising to raise the £7000 deposit. (Which will be refunded to investors after around 500-700 shirts are sold.)

3. We get the kit designed as the fundraising goes on, if we can't raise all the funds the project will be discontinued and everything returned to the investors.

4. We give the design and deposit to Viga, and they start the process to make the shirts, and we get our own newcastle.viga.co.uk (just along those lines, not certain it'd be "newcastle".) thing to sell it from.

5. Viga will on our request control the money coming in, and will return £7000 to us when it's made. Then after that they will send all proceeds straight to the SBR foundation from there to avoid someone like me, or anyone else involved, stealing money.

what would be the reason, anti-ashley or solely for the foundation?  or anti-the new PUMA KIT?

anything other than for the foundation alone i think the average fan on the street wouldn't give a fuck, he'll be buying his PUMA tbh

what would be the reason, anti-ashley or solely for the foundation?  or anti-the new PUMA KIT?

anything other than for the foundation alone i think the average fan on the street wouldn't give a fuck, he'll be buying his PUMA tbh

All three, pretty much.

No way, man.

Times are bad, but I don't want us to be associated with those self absorbed, attention seeking scouse cunts.

It would be in no way associated with LFC, the Viga company is based in Dundee.

No way, man.

Times are bad, but I don't want us to be associated with those self absorbed, attention seeking scouse cunts.

It would be in no way associated with LFC, the Viga company is based in Dundee.

Only thing any way LFC associated is getting the general idea from them and getting to know how they set it up with Viga. Which obviously will not be featured in great big letters all over the shirt or shirt site (which would be a Viga site).

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'd buy it if the surplus money went towards a charity such as the SBRF, but I can see SBRF politely declining as to not cause friction between themselves and the Toon Board, and being dragged into possible bad publicity.

bin dippers are full of self-righteousness and hate for the yanks at the moment, that'll shift shirts - they'll think it's boys from the fucking blackstuff all over again

won't work for the toon, everyone's too numb if you ask me, the hate isn't there

yet

I'd buy it if the surplus money went towards a charity such as the SBRF, but I can see SBRF politely declining as to not cause friction between themselves and the Toon Board, and being dragged into possible bad publicity.

This is why I think you'd be better just saying its a SBR thing.

FWIW I think you'd be best just saying it's for the SBR Foundation and nothing too Anti-Ashley. I think you could get that point over without being too blatant about it.

Aye, would be no intention of promoting it as that. Would be a fan made shirt for the fans in support of a great charity at a much cheaper price than the current home shirt (£45 ffs).

FWIW I think you'd be best just saying it's for the SBR Foundation and nothing too Anti-Ashley. I think you could get that point over without being too blatant about it.

Aye, would be no intention of promoting it as that. Would be a fan made shirt for the fans in support of a great charity at a much cheaper price than the current home shirt (£45 ffs).

As long as it didn't look as monumentally shit as the new home kit, I'm game.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Could always use one of the better fan made designs in the kit thread too - put it to a vote. However, I suspect much ridicule coming our way if this goes forward for A) 'Rebelling' and B) Copying Scousers.

now if you're talking a joint collaboration with the SBR foundation, all official like, and maybe his name on the back and a poignant number then average joe might take it up...probably would in fact

however a wishy washy shirt made and sold by nobodies (no offence) with no club crest and most people won't touch it

Could always use one of the better fan made designs in the kit thread too - put it to a vote. However, I suspect much ridicule coming our way if this goes forward for A) 'Rebelling' and B) Copying Scousers.

We could say the Scousers copied the Mancs, and before that some other team no doubt done it.

Anyway, I like that Puma mock up.

now if you're talking a joint collaboration with the SBR foundation, all official like, and maybe his name on the back and a poignant number then average joe might take it up...probably would in fact

however a wishy washy shirt made and sold by nobodies (no offence) with no club crest and most people won't touch it

This will never go ahead if the SBR Foundation don't want the money. Would have no meaning to the average toon fan otherwise, and wouldn't be able to shift out enough shirts to earn in the initial investment. No offence taken, anyone doing it regardless of not giving the earnings to a great charity would be mental. This thread is just to see if there'd be any interest whatsoever in such a shirt though, as it would be an absolutely shit thing to do talking to the foundation about something like this without even knowing if fans would get it.

This will never go ahead if the SBR Foundation don't want the money. Would have no meaning to the average toon fan otherwise, and wouldn't be able to shift out enough shirts to earn in the initial investment. No offence taken, anyone doing it regardless of not giving the earnings to a great charity would be mental. This thread is just to see if there'd be any interest whatsoever in such a shirt, would be an absolutely shit thing to do talking to the foundation about something like this without even knowing if fans would get it.

yeah we're talking the same thing here - if the shirt is smart as fuck and has SBR foundation plastered on it and his name on the back etc... then i think it'd sell like hot cakes

if it's a smart shirt but has no SBR foundation stuff on it but maybe only a loose "association or endorsement" tag from them then i think people would see it as the equivalent of buying a cheap fake shirt on holiday