John Terry reinstated as England captain

Parky

Guest neesy111

What's going on with this bloke?

he still clearly thinks he should be captain, and still hasn't come to terms of being stripped of it

John Terry is quite possibly the most loathsome man in football

the sight of him makes me nauseous

When he lifted the Premier league trophy I was a bit sick in my mouth

Basically he has come to epitomise everything that is wrong with top level players at the moment

A tosser to the max

Following complaints from fans in South Africa about drug dealers, thieves and sex fiends the police have issued a statement saying that the situation will improve as soon as John Terry and his family go home

Following complaints from fans in South Africa about drug dealers, thieves and sex fiends the police have issued a statement saying that the situation will improve as soon as John Terry and his family go home

:mackems:

If only he showed the same passion on the pitch as he does when he opens his mouth England could have been in a different position now.

John Terry is a fucking cock and one of my least favourite football players, which takes a lot as there is a big list.

However, I really don't see anything wrong with what he said yesterday. It was Capello (through Baldini) who asked him to do the press conference and it's not like he didn't know what he was going to get. Terry just said what a lot of people were thinking, if they didn't want someone to do that then they should have thought about it and acted accordingly. It was nice to hear one player out there being honest and admitting they need something changed. It was also good to hear Joe Cole mentioned by him - at least some of the players seem to realise that he should be featuring.

The problems with the England team lay firmly at Capello's door in my view. If it takes a pretty non-event press conference to fire the players and management up a bit then so be it - I'd rather we went out in a blaze of rage than saw a repeat of Friday night.

The Dutch media are reporting that the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney have distances themselves from Terry's comments and the meeting apparently has consequently not taken place? Any truth in this?

Fits with this:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_6217851,00.html

Although Lampard has just been defending Terry.

So according to that a clear the air meeting did take place but Terry decided or was instructed to not speak out. All in all a strange affair which will do nothing to ease England's on the pitch worries if you ask me..

If only he showed the same passion on the pitch as he does when he opens his mouth England could have been in a different position now.

Nothing wrong at the back (bar Johnson, but that can't be helped). All the problems lie in midfield and up front.

The Dutch media are reporting that the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Rooney have distances themselves from Terry's comments and the meeting apparently has consequently not taken place? Any truth in this?

Fits with this:

So according to that a clear the air meeting did take place but Terry decided or was instructed to not speak out. All in all a strange affair which will do nothing to ease England's on the pitch worries if you ask me..

Yep, if he really did bottle it then that is far more a sin than the press conference itself. Surely he wouldn't have though? Very interested as to which England players are so in the pocket of the national press to be leaking so much of what's going on in such meetings. Or maybe the press are making it up to make the story have more legs?

"According to sources here, Terry has been a hugely disruptive influence. One spoke of an incident during training when Terry clashed with the fitness coach, Massimo Neri, over some shuttle runs he was being ordered to do. Terry refused, Capello intervened and told him to keep running and after one more sprint the Chelsea defender claimed his hamstring was sore and walked off the pitch.

'He is angry because he is not the captain,' said one insider

Another time Capello reprimanded him for not paying attention, screaming: ‘Focus, focus!’

Fits with this:

He was told he didn't have the backing of the majority of the players basically and to keep his mouth shut.

There's no denying he's a cock, but i fail to see what he did wrong yesterday.

When you draw your first two games against mediocre opposition then clearly the team needs to sit down together and have a long hard look at themselves. I thought terrys press conference yesterday was a frank and honest, a breath of fresh air after a month of diplomatic bullshit. If the likes of rooney and lampard have failed to back him up then shame on them.

Fits with this:

He was told he didn't have the backing of the majority of the players basically and to keep his mouth shut.

But he spoke anyway, well this world cup campaign has gone well.    :mackems:

Fits with this:

But he spoke anyway, well this world cup campaign has gone well.    :mackems:

:laugh:

I agree about John Terry, the guy is total prick. However, at least he comes out and talks with authority, like a captain of a national team should. I'd feel a lot more confident going into the game against Slovenia with him wearing the captain's armband than I would Gerrard. Steven Gerrard is not captain material IMO, he's not a talker on the pitch and he certainly doesn't seem like a leader off it.

I agree about John Terry, the guy is total prick. However, at least he comes out and talks with authority, like a captain of a national team should. I'd feel a lot more confident going into the game against Slovenia with him wearing the captain's armband than I would Gerrard. Steven Gerrard is not captain material IMO, he's not a talker on the pitch and he certainly doesn't seem like a leader off it.

Gerrard and Carra are the only players voices that can be heard above the Vuvu drone.