Newcastle-Online: Reds v Blues match (all forumites welcome) - JULY 17

Stu
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's been almost 9 months since the last Reds v Blues match, with NOFC and SJP both bringing more forumites out of the computer room and into the sunlight, it's high time for a rematch. Teams will naturally be re-jigged as I doubt half the people from the original match are even able to kick a ball (The Brothers Dimm spring to mind - Hi Lee, Hi Gimp :pow:)!

Right okay, i've ruined a tree through scribbling and think i've come up with two evenly matched teams, whilst maintaining any previous allegiances.

RED:

1. Burnip

2. Davey

3. Dino

4. Disco

5. Gorilla

6. Heza09

7. Neil

8. Nut

9. ObiChrisKinobi

10. Pilko Neesy

11. Rocker

12. Slim

13. Venkman

14. Nufc_Kev

BLUE:

1. Bowlingcrofty

2. Dan Heneage

3. Greg

4. Keefaz

5. KenDahl

6. Kezman

7. Madras

8. MKSC

9. Prophet

10. QBG

11. Stu Varis Huckic

12. Theregulars

13. Yorkie

Been contemplating starting my own one of these but since i ain't played the big Red v Blue derby I thought it might be cheeky, but if someone wants to adopt a slightly overweight, mouthy cunt I'll happily join either team.

Disco In.

(Get it on the main page n all) & can i be the first to suggest some post match drinks.

Think the date's only provisional atm like. I think a day further in advance would probably work better for people; plenty time to book it off work and suchlike. I'd be in for this though, either way.

Think the date's only provisional atm like. I think a day further in advance would probably work better for people; plenty time to book it off work and suchlike. I'd be in for this though, either way.

Lets assume the date is fixed, for the purposes of this thread and the poll. :)

Lets assume the date is fixed, for the purposes of this thread and the poll. :)

If that is the case then I'm out. I can't make it up at the minute. Might be able to do the game vs WBA though.

The first inter-forum match took place in January 2009 with a resounding win for the Blue team on a cold, blustery winter's evening:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,58187.0.html

The Reds were keen for a rematch and 3 months later, they got their wish in much nicer conditions; however, the match was controversially cut short (saving the Reds from further embarrassment) due to an administrative error at Northumbria Uni:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59265.0.html

With the Blues 2-0 up, the Red team regrouped over the summer and recruited a couple of ringers, with the Blues losing some key players to injury and the USA, for the third (and latest) match in this illustious rivalry - which they won 3-1 to regain some self-respect:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,62378.0.html

There have been a couple of attempts to organise the next chapter of the N-O forum match, but with all of the snow over the winter and the beginnings of the NOFC supporters' team, the time has finally arrived for Reds v Blues (Chapter IV: Revenge of the Belly).

Tentatively suggesting May 29th but if that doesn't suit, we can easily move it back a few weeks and give everyone a chance to make it.

If you're interested, please post your name (and preferred position) in this thread.

Become a part of history.

Guest Heneage

Nixon is (I think) the only person to play in all 3 games and still be without a win.

Sad but also true. Be nice to record a win like.