Author Topic: Android  (Read 240712 times)

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
Re: Android
« Reply #7475 on: Sunday 15 January 2017, 07:46:34 PM »
At CES last week, both LG and Samsung (iirc, might have been Sony) showed AMOLED tvs where the speaker was integrated in the display. While that's fairly useless as a lot of people want separate speakers for their tvs, I can't believe this hasn't been talked about as the future of smartphones. It'd mean front facing speakers while allowing the phone to still have a huge screen to body ratio

« Reply #7476 on: Monday 16 January 2017, 12:13:04 PM »
Actually opted for the Huawei Mate 9 in the end after a bit deliberation.

First impression is that of a flagship device. Quality of build is as good as i've ever seen and surprisingly EMUI is not as bad as i thought it would be. Camera is top notch and the phone is redic quick.

Thumbs up from me after a few days, I'll report back after a good thorough bashing.

« Reply #7477 on: Monday 30 January 2017, 07:46:53 PM »
Just ordered a OnePlus 3T, should be here on Thursday! :frantic:

ToonTastic

• Administrator
« Reply #7478 on: Monday 30 January 2017, 07:57:06 PM »
Been looking at these to replace my Nexus 6p, will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

« Reply #7479 on: Monday 30 January 2017, 08:05:39 PM »
Been looking at these to replace my Nexus 6p, will be interesting to hear your thoughts.

Well its bound to be an improvement over my 2014 Moto X, though the reviews are all great for the 3T. I'll let you know once it arrives and I have a play.

« Reply #7480 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 02:26:22 PM »
Ok OnePlus 3T arrived today, pretty good considering it was dispatched from Poland yesterday. Phone has great  built quality feels solid in your hand with a nice weight to it.

Screen is bigger then previous so that will take some adjusting to, colour are very nice. Loads of little tweak options which I love allowing you to set the phone up as you want. Dash charge is hilarious, went from 10% to 65% in 20 mins...

I'll report back once I've used it more, but so far I can't fault it.

Oh the finger print reader is silly fast, unlocks the phone before you've even realised your thumb is on the reader....

ToonTastic

• Administrator
« Reply #7481 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 02:37:49 PM »
Excellent to hear thanks for the early feedback. Yeah I do love the quick charge I get now so the fact I believe the 3T is even quicker is excellent.

« Reply #7482 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
Excellent to hear thanks for the early feedback. Yeah I do love the quick charge I get now so the fact I believe the 3T is even quicker is excellent.
It's quicker, but the dash charge only works with this phone, so any current chargers you have will only charge at 2 amps I believe.

ToonTastic

• Administrator
« Reply #7483 on: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 03:06:50 PM »
Ah right that's good to know.

« Reply #7484 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 04:34:17 PM »
Android 7 UI

:puke:
Gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme-gimme some Ganja!

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #7485 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 04:59:10 PM »
Android 7 UI

:puke:

It's great when you set it to be like the Pixel Phone.

« Reply #7486 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

The Bonk

• ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #7487 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:22:43 PM »
Any Pixel XL users in here? I'm upgrading from a 6plus and am not fully convinced the 7plus is that much better.

« Reply #7488 on: Thursday 16 February 2017, 10:50:48 PM »
Ok quick Oneplus 3T update. Phone is rapid as f***, no issues with having loads of random crap open all the time. Finger print reader is also disgusting, phone unlocks instantly, other features like double press power button for camera etc are very nice. Dash charging has changed the way I charge my phone its probably plugged in for 20 mins each morning and thats it, battery lasts ages lowest I've been thus far is about 20%.

The small UI tweaks they have added are nice, and I've got used to them from the stock android on my old Moto X. I love that in Android n/7 you can reply from notifications, saves so much time.

Overall for £400 its a great phone for a good price, the Pixel might have a better camera but is that worth an extra £200? Only issue for some might be the large size, its bigger than my dads S7, but much thinner. If you need a new Android phone I'd certainly recommend the 3T.

Tiotes Witch Doctor

• Rafa judges you.
« Reply #7489 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 01:33:13 AM »
Unsure if this is the correct thread but cracked the back of my S7, went to a little shop inside the grainger market and got quoted £30 repair, bit of a longshot but has anyone else had similar issue as £30 seems way to cheap to be a genuine fix.

« Reply #7490 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 01:30:10 PM »
Anyone else recently updated their S7 to Nougat? Play Services crashes aa'll awa the shop for me.

« Reply #7491 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 02:44:13 PM »
Anyone else recently updated their S7 to Nougat? Play Services crashes aa'll awa the shop for me.

Yes, no problems at all for me. Battery life is better too.

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #7492 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 02:58:18 PM »
Got myself 25GB a month data now.  :drool:

The Bonk

• ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #7493 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:24:53 PM »
Ok quick Oneplus 3T update. Phone is rapid as f***, no issues with having loads of random crap open all the time. Finger print reader is also disgusting, phone unlocks instantly, other features like double press power button for camera etc are very nice. Dash charging has changed the way I charge my phone its probably plugged in for 20 mins each morning and thats it, battery lasts ages lowest I've been thus far is about 20%.

The small UI tweaks they have added are nice, and I've got used to them from the stock android on my old Moto X. I love that in Android n/7 you can reply from notifications, saves so much time.

Overall for £400 its a great phone for a good price, the Pixel might have a better camera but is that worth an extra £200? Only issue for some might be the large size, its bigger than my dads S7, but much thinner. If you need a new Android phone I'd certainly recommend the 3T.

Hmmm...maybe I should be looking here instead of the Pixel.  Camera can't be that much worse, now?

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #7494 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
With Pixel you can use DayDream VR kit with it.  I had a go with it on Monday and was impressed by it.

The Bonk

• ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #7495 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:28:58 PM »
My provider is throwing in the DD VR Kit for free if I order the "Really Blue" Pixel model. Doing some VR work at the moment and it might come in handy. I like the blue model as it's quite obnoxious.

« Reply #7496 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
Honestly the camera on this 3t is still very good. On the VR side the 1080p screen might hold it back but I'm not arsed about phone VR, and haven't tried it with this so can't really comment.

The Bonk

• ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #7497 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:43:34 PM »
3T is the option I go with if I don't want to get locked in on contract. Wish I could test drive one to see if I like the OxygenOS. Did you come from stock Android? I've never flashed a phone, but it can't be that hard.

« Reply #7498 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 09:47:31 PM »
3T is the option I go with if I don't want to get locked in on contract. Wish I could test drive one to see if I like the OxygenOS. Did you come from stock Android? I've never flashed a phone, but it can't be that hard.

Honestly I can't really tell the changes they've made over the stock I was running on my old phone. It feels like stock android, anything they have added just makes things better.

The Bonk

• ⬆ Sorted.
« Reply #7499 on: Saturday 18 February 2017, 01:11:45 AM »
Good to know, appreciate the intel.