Author Topic: Android  (Read 228776 times)

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
Re: Android
« Reply #25 on: Monday 5 April 2010, 10:32:46 AM »
Orange offer the worst package. 500mb a month is really nothing, I go over that every month.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 06:29:34 PM »

Nobody

• That chick was like the Pele of anal
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 06:32:22 PM »
HTC Legend looks sexy as, wish I had the money to waste on a new phone :undecided:

Heneage

« Reply #28 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 06:37:30 PM »
Orange offer the worst package. 500mb a month is really nothing, I go over that every month.
Web? We've had a few letters saying 'pack in downloading'.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
Web? We've had a few letters saying 'pack in downloading'.

Mobile internet, yeah.

T Mobile and I think Vodaphone let you use 3gb/month which is absolutely loads, they don't question my 1gb/month usage.

Nobody

« Reply #31 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 07:02:56 PM »

« Reply #32 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 11:17:08 PM »
What's the best phone for watching tv on?

Fugazi

• Give us hell, Quimby!
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 11:18:39 PM »
There's a web app on the iPhone that lets you watch about 20 freeview channels, mainly from the Beeb, ITV and Channel 4.
NE28

« Reply #34 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 11:23:18 PM »
I'm definetely tempted by the iphone, though never had a touchscreen and also wary that something else is either better or just round the corner, but I guess it will always be like that! I do a lot of travelling, hanging round airports and would be good to have a phone with good tv.

« Reply #35 on: Thursday 8 April 2010, 11:37:45 PM »
I'm definetely tempted by the iphone, though never had a touchscreen and also wary that something else is either better or just round the corner, but I guess it will always be like that! I do a lot of travelling, hanging round airports and would be good to have a phone with good tv.

A new iPhone is very likely to come out in about 2 months.
Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #36 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 08:46:11 AM »
Daft question time. My Legend wont let me play a youtube clip - just stays loading forever once i click on it, do i need a download to make this work or is it just f***ed? :undecided:

Nobody

« Reply #37 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 10:01:52 AM »
Daft question time. My Legend wont let me play a youtube clip - just stays loading forever once i click on it, do i need a download to make this work or is it just f***ed? :undecided:
Are you trying to watch via the browser or the app? Heard that you really shouldn't use the browser for watching youtube on it.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #38 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:14:16 AM »
Yeah, it has a flash player but it's very slow.

Pav

• Howay the lads!
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 11:30:54 AM »
I have the Hero, you not got a Youtube app? That works fine for me.

NE6

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on: Saturday 10 April 2010, 09:33:24 PM »
Got a similar app called sim checker lite that sends an e-mail and text message to a number of your choice when different sim is put in and then tracks your phone, supposedly.

« Reply #41 on: Monday 12 April 2010, 01:14:36 PM »
Are you trying to watch via the browser or the app? Heard that you really shouldn't use the browser for watching youtube on it.

Its the youtube app which was already loaded on the handset

NE6

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 22 April 2010, 08:44:18 PM »
Cardio Trainer, great free app that uses GPS to track your route whether you're walking cycling etc then tells you your distance, speed, where you've been and calories burned + so much more.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 22 April 2010, 08:50:42 PM »
Newsroom. My new recommendation for best RSS parser. Fantastic UI and rendering of feeds.

Just lacks Google Reader support really. A proper widget would be good too. Happily paid $5 though - the trial lasts for a few weeks and is fully featured - try it.

« Reply #44 on: Saturday 1 May 2010, 03:04:44 PM »
2 Player Reactor is a canny free game that you can play with two players on the same phone.

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 19 May 2010, 02:54:14 PM »
Beebplayer has now been taken off market.

Is there any other way I can get a hold of this?

« Reply #46 on: Thursday 20 May 2010, 09:55:33 PM »
Don't know if it's fact or fiction Ocho but I read the other day that beebplayer was removed because it wasn't an official bbc app, but they are supposedly working on one.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 20 May 2010, 10:12:17 PM »
Don't know if it's fact or fiction Ocho but I read the other day that beebplayer was removed because it wasn't an official bbc app, but they are supposedly working on one.

That would be the obvious reason. Hope so.

Anyway, Google's own tech event is happening at the moment. Android 2.2 features announced here: http://gizmodo.com/5543853/what-is-froyo?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29

Also a potentially cool (if it's well polished etc. unlike just about every other reasonably priced HTPC) Android based TV set top box. Like android it's an open platform with boxes made by Intel, Sony and Logitech incoming. http://gizmodo.com/5543822/what-is-google-tv?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+gizmodo%2Ffull+%28Gizmodo%29

Nobody

« Reply #48 on: Thursday 20 May 2010, 11:14:57 PM »
Think I'll probably cave when HTCs next batch of phones are released. Would really like a Desire or Legend, but can't afford it now and my N82 is still a tad too fresh (the browser's s*** though, main reason I want a new phone tbh) to really needing to be substituted.

Coco

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 20 May 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
Think I'll probably cave when HTCs next batch of phones are released. Would really like a Desire or Legend, but can't afford it now and my N82 is still a tad too fresh (the browser's s*** though, main reason I want a new phone tbh) to really needing to be substituted.

The Desire is good though... :smug:
C won't believe us. But this is classic him.

CLASSIC Coco.