Summer Clearance: who would you get rid of?

Ishmael
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hopefully Butt, Barton, Best, Shola will be out. The rest really depend on who we might have coming in.

Worth keeping regarless would be an easier list: Harper, Colo, Saylor, Jose, Jonas, Guthrie, Loven and maybe Carroll and Nolan.

I would like to see thw back of Butt, Barton, Nolan, Best, Shola, Pancrate, Ryan Taylor and Smith.  Out of that lot I can only see Butt going as he'll be out of contract, the others will probably remain at the club.

I said Butt, Pancrate, Barton, Best, Smith.

I've changed my mind on R Taylor because even though he's gash, his versatility might be handy. Undecided on Shola because on the one hand he's infuriating and a perma-crock, but he does guarantee goals against Sunderland  :laugh:

Love how Ranger isn't even on the list though  :thup:

Harsh on Ryan Taylor. He is a good player. Definitely back-up premiership standard.

He's not a good player, he's a back-up championship player at the minute and that's just about his standard.

Harsh on Ryan Taylor. He is a good player. Definitely back-up premiership standard.

He's not a good player, he's a back-up championship player at the minute and that's just about his standard.

I've always said his delivery and passing merits a place in the team. Guthrie has filled that role though thus there's not much need for him.

I still think I would keep him, despite your persuasive argument.

Think getting rid of so many of the current squad in one swoop could be detrimental.

Individually they would all be easy to replace with better.  Only two of the players on the list Dave posted are actually regular starters.

Nolan, Barton, Smith, Best, Pancrate, Butt and Ameobi are the ones I believe we really need rid of for one reason or another.

Think getting rid of so many of the current squad in one swoop could be detrimental.

Without doubt, and it's not going to happen under this owner anyway.

butt shola and pancrate, the rest we may need as we add to squad size not reduce

I think we can afford to get rid of one of Nolan, Barton & preferably Smith. Would hope we get a new midfielder this summer, so new midfielder, Guthrie, Barton & Nolan would do me.

butt shola and pancrate, the rest we may need as we add to squad size not reduce

I think we can afford to get rid of one of Nolan, Barton & preferably Smith. Would hope we get a new midfielder this summer, so new midfielder, Guthrie, Barton & Nolan would do me.

I'd ideally like to get two athletic midfield players. I'd say one normally but given how our injuries normally go best to have two.

Guest michaelfoster

Butt & Barton would trim over 100k off the wage bill but we cant really afford to have a squad smaller than it already is