Mark Hughes

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

Yeah easily

Most people wouldn't touch us with yours so do have a manager of reasonable quality who can work on a small budget would work I reckon.

Why would you not?

Some people don't rate him as a manager, pretty simple really.

I guess this is kinda assuming we're going to be promoted this year btw, otherwise it would be a very silly question.

No, he's an ok manager, but I've just never pictured him here. Doesn't really build teams up, more like he keeps them at the same level, at Blacburn they never really did much better then when they had Souness, last season at Man City he did similar to what Erickson did, and so far even though they look like they have a chance of getting into the top 4 they will no doubt finish about 6th again.

No. When people say he's a proper manager what do they mean by that? He built a workmanlike side at Blackburn and hasn't excelled with a great squad at City. What I call a proper manager is someone like Roy Hodgson. There's a guy who has proven his credentials.

Why would you not?

Some people don't rate him as a manager, pretty simple really.

Well I think they are a bit simple. He's in the top ten managers in the country, won't get a team in the top 4 but would have us in the top 10 regularly with no threat of relegation.

No. When people say he's a proper manager what do they mean by that? He built a workmanlike side at Blackburn and hasn't excelled with a great squad at City. What I call a proper manager is someone like Roy Hodgson. There's a guy who has proven his credentials.

I would pick Roy over Hughes everytime.  Would love him at Newcastle, plays football I like to watch.  But I still answered yes to Hughes as I saw it as a Yes/No question, like Hughton or Hughes.

Guest firetotheworks

I would pick Roy over Hughes everytime.  Would love him at Newcastle, plays football I like to watch.  But I still answered yes to Hughes as I saw it as a Yes/No question, like Hughton or Hughes.

Same.  :thup: