Author Topic: Stand-up Comedy  (Read 46209 times)

Re: Stand-up Comedy
« Reply #800 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 07:43:30 PM »
Just waiting for Rob Beckett to come on, alright on 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown.

« Reply #801 on: Friday 10 February 2017, 07:58:28 PM »
Bill Burr - Walk Your Way Out (Netflix)

eeeeeeeeeehhhhh. I don't think I've tired of Bill Burr, his podcasts are class etc but this feels like a huge miss.

It's puzzlingly poor by his standards...his 'go-to guy' for shouty/try-hard offensiveness polemic is (a) boring as shiit (b) nowhere as good as Jeselnik.

Aparna Nancherla has some good stuff right now. Also interested to see what Sarah Silverman is going to do on her new tour. Long time since she was funny.
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

« Reply #802 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 09:58:21 PM »
Katheryn Ryan stand up on Netflix. Very good.

« Reply #803 on: Tuesday 14 February 2017, 11:05:58 PM »
I found Burr's new special pretty average like, his previous 2 were great.

Was listening to his podcast advertising earlier, this killed me:

TBG

• King of GIF. WHAT?
« Reply #804 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 04:45:04 PM »
Ricky Gervais is playing at the City Hall in June.
Benitez will be gone before the end of October.

« Reply #805 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 05:22:41 PM »
Really enjoyed the Neal Brennan 3 mics on Netflix - bit different that he talks quit a lot about his struggles with depression etc but thought it actually worked well.

« Reply #806 on: Sunday 26 March 2017, 10:43:19 PM »
The Jerrod Carmichael special on HBO is really really good.

edit: Thinking back on it now, I don't think he had a solid hours worth of material, but a 45 minute special would've been absolutely perfect. It's still incredibly funny though and his stage presence is great.
« Last Edit: Sunday 26 March 2017, 11:16:33 PM by cubaricho »
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Astroblack

• mkdisciple
« Reply #807 on: Monday 27 March 2017, 02:37:28 AM »
Anyone see the Dave Chappelle on Netflix? I really liked it. Watched both parts and laughed. Bill Cosby part was hillarious!

« Reply #808 on: Monday 27 March 2017, 02:54:48 AM »
I watched both the other day. To me it feels like he's never been more comfortable on stage which is really awesome to see while you're watching it.

The whole 20 minute bit on the word "pussy" in the middle of the second special was pretty weak and out of place, but the rest of the second special was A+ material and I thought it just edged the first one as far as material goes.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
« Reply #809 on: Wednesday 29 March 2017, 05:17:33 PM »
I miss Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #810 on: Wednesday 29 March 2017, 10:32:21 PM »
New Louis CK special coming to Netflix April 4th.

"He can still tell you every single goal... and his training goals he counts as well. Apparently he's got 6,000 goals."

« Reply #811 on: Thursday 30 March 2017, 11:50:41 AM »
Nice.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deuce

• Book Wanker
« Reply #812 on: Monday 3 April 2017, 12:09:17 AM »
I watched both the other day. To me it feels like he's never been more comfortable on stage which is really awesome to see while you're watching it.

The whole 20 minute bit on the word "pussy" in the middle of the second special was pretty weak and out of place, but the rest of the second special was A+ material and I thought it just edged the first one as far as material goes.

His "white person" impression is timeless. Kills me.

« Reply #813 on: Tuesday 4 April 2017, 09:15:14 PM »
Just bought my tickets for Danny Baker at the Tyne Theatre.

« Reply #814 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 03:22:05 PM »

Tonight this innit? any chance of a pat review, was thinking of going but didn't think he could hold any more than a book reading tbh...huge fan of his radio style but not sure how this can translate into a solo spot.

SADOWITZ ALERT - back at Tyne Theater November...fans of self hating misanthropic magic-tinged comedy, get one before he f*cks us all off and throws in the towel for good.
Newcastle é conhecido por ser o paraíso das skanks no UK

Astroblack

• mkdisciple
« Reply #815 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 09:14:51 PM »

Damn, totally forgot to reply to this.

Felt exactly the same way. I'd heard that he had some rough receptions at previous events, so it was nice to see him happy and comfortable on stage.

Same thing on the Lil Wayne part. I was sitting there just waiting for him to move on to something else but it just kept going and I kinda just lost interest.

« Reply #816 on: Friday 21 April 2017, 10:09:52 PM »
I thought the first was pretty weak tbh, 2nd was a lot better though. The OJ bit seemed like it was going to be hilarious every time he brought it up but ended up being a bit of a let down.

Louis CK's was brilliant, I love it when he goes really dark like the playground bit, and (from another show):

Spoiler

:lol:

« Reply #817 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 12:24:47 PM »

Tonight this innit? any chance of a pat review, was thinking of going but didn't think he could hold any more than a book reading tbh...huge fan of his radio style but not sure how this can translate into a solo spot.

SADOWITZ ALERT - back at Tyne Theater November...fans of self hating misanthropic magic-tinged comedy, get one before he f*cks us all off and throws in the towel for good.

Danny Baker was very good last night, he started at 7.30pm on the dot and talked non stop till 9.30pm a short break and then he came back and talked till about 11.30pm, he was very funny and had some cracking stories about Gazza and Danny's dad, very good show and I think I actually like the Tyne Theater better than the Theater Royal.

thomas

• NO's Best Foreigner - Participant
  • 🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃
« Reply #818 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 12:30:52 PM »
Louis CK's was brilliant, I love it when he goes really dark like the playground bit, and (from another show):
Tried this but gave up on it some way through the calendar bit.Will try to finish if the 2nd half is much stronger. tbf I was in a rotten mood on first watch so that may not have helped the assessment.
« Last Edit: Saturday 22 April 2017, 12:47:42 PM by thomas »

newsted

• Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #819 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 01:03:28 PM »

Danny Baker was very good last night, he started at 7.30pm on the dot and talked non stop till 9.30pm a short break and then he came back and talked till about 11.30pm, he was very funny and had some cracking stories about Gazza and Danny's dad, very good show and I think I actually like the Tyne Theater better than the Theater Royal.

You guys have to do something about this.
:) Tomorrow's another day.

« Reply #820 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:03:14 PM »
Tyne seaty place ?

neesy111

• Prontonise
« Reply #821 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:08:24 PM »
It should be spelt theatre.
« Last Edit: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:54:20 PM by neesy111 »

« Reply #822 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:11:12 PM »
You just got protonised.

newsted

• Everything Louder Than Everything Else. RIP Lemmy.
« Reply #823 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 02:48:04 PM »
You just got protonised.

You spell prontonise wrongbad.
:) Tomorrow's another day.

« Reply #824 on: Saturday 22 April 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
The guy who invented spellchecker really needs to go back to school...............the lazy b******