Author Topic: Stand-up Comedy  (Read 42298 times)

Pilko

• Born with a heart full of neutrality
Re: Stand-up Comedy
« Reply #50 on: Monday 30 November 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
Ross Noble is funny but he goes on and on with the same bloody gag for far too long. That thing he did at the Apollo about "meat on your face!" stopped being funny after about 2 minutes, he used it for nearer 15.
"Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car. Perception." - David Brent

Troll

• Book Wanker
« Reply #51 on: Monday 30 November 2009, 10:00:54 PM »
Saw Stewart Lee last night in the Tyne Theatre for £15. He was brilliant. I can't understand why he's not more well liked. His retort to Frankie Boyle's "you can't be a comedian after you hit 40" was excellent and his bit on Magners cider was quality. In fact, it was just quality all the way through. Really good value.

I saw him too, he was excellent.  The rant about Top Gear had me in stitches.

GeordieMessiah

• Forum Colossus
  • No. I don't believe it, either.
« Reply #52 on: Monday 30 November 2009, 10:02:10 PM »
Ross Noble is funny but he goes on and on with the same bloody gag for far too long. That thing he did at the Apollo about "meat on your face!" stopped being funny after about 2 minutes, he used it for nearer 15.

Ross Noble is ChezGiven's doppelganger, I swear down. Well, he would be if ChezGiven's hair was the same length. :razz:
"Football violence will continue as long as they're shitting in our shoes and we're pissing in their Bovril" - Billy Connolly

Gash?

• If I'm dead, you've been dead for weeks.
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday 2 December 2009, 02:10:05 PM »
Gervais tonight, i am nigh on jizzing.

Geordiesned

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 2 December 2009, 04:51:28 PM »
I'm going to the Hyena next Thursday for my birthday. Never heard of any of the comedians that are on though.

Anthony King, David Hadingham and Zeron Gibson - anyone seen any of them before?

The only one that I can find any footage of is Zeron Gibson and he's pretty s***!

Gash?

« Reply #55 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 02:15:21 AM »
Gervais was amazing, some of it was absolute gold, i wish i had tickets for tomorrow night too!!!

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 10:04:47 AM »
Gervais was amazing, some of it was absolute gold, i wish i had tickets for tomorrow night too!!!

Did he do the bit about the Ken Dodd gig?

MKSC

• Let's go Vikes!! SKOL!!
« Reply #57 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 10:33:36 AM »
I Can't stand Lee Evans. Whenever I say that I always seem to be the only person in the room who thinks he's just not funny.

I've seen Al Murray live (about six years ago, before he hit mainstream) and he was brilliant. Jimmy Carr cracks me up, seen him live once but watch the DVD's quite often, they never get old. I really like Gervais' stand up. I've not seen any others live but a good stand-up dvd is always on my christmas list. Dara O Briain's 'talks funny' is very good.

I have my tickets already to see Peter Kay in April. I do love all his old stuff but hope he has some new gags this time round.

« Reply #58 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
Kind of related, my lass got me to acquire Chris Moyles's Parody Album yesterday and its particularly painful.

Mowen

• Sepp Blatter w*****
« Reply #59 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 10:51:56 AM »
Kind of related, my lass got me to acquire Chris Moyles's Parody Album yesterday and its particularly painful.

My mate sings all the backing vocals on that. Would never listen to it mind, haven't listened to Moyles for the best part of 5 years, can't imagine it being anything but gash.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

« Reply #60 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 11:09:36 AM »
Just watched Jason Manford live at the Apollo, heard a few of the jokes before but very funny none the less.

Is it just me, or is there something of the old Jimmy Tarbuck about that Jason Manford?
No Manford is actually funny.
"Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?"

« Reply #61 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 12:35:57 PM »

My mate sings all the backing vocals on that. Would never listen to it mind, haven't listened to Moyles for the best part of 5 years, can't imagine it being anything but gash.

Notice he's "parodied' Guns Don't Kill People, Rappers Do.  Not sure how parodying a parody works, but hey.

Gash?

« Reply #62 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 01:15:06 PM »

Did he do the bit about the Ken Dodd gig?
Yeh, it was amazing, and disgusting, at the same time!

« Reply #63 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 02:05:02 PM »
Gervais' Animals was amazing
AS9

Gash?

« Reply #64 on: Thursday 3 December 2009, 04:35:02 PM »
rickygervais.cum  :mackems:

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #65 on: Saturday 19 December 2009, 07:18:27 PM »
It's a shame there's not more Daniel Kitson footage on YouTube, saw this a couple of years ago and I still proper love it.

Heneage

« Reply #66 on: Saturday 19 December 2009, 07:24:28 PM »
It's a shame there's not more Daniel Kitson footage on YouTube, saw this a couple of years ago and I still proper love it.

He's great and quite a decent player apparently. He was funny in Phoenix Nights as the barman.

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 19 December 2009, 07:31:10 PM »

He's great and quite a decent player apparently. He was funny in Phoenix Nights as the barman.

Aye he's class, he won the Perrier Award one year I think. 

Just found this off an old Steve Coogan DVD as well:

Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
« Reply #68 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 04:43:28 AM »
Demetri Martin. Can't find much of youtube, you probably have to see a whole show to understand him, some stuff is genius.

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #69 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 05:00:49 AM »
Demetri Martin. Can't find much of youtube, you probably have to see a whole show to understand him, some stuff is genius.

I love Demetri Martin.  There's a fair bit on YouTube I think, that's how I became familiar with him.

I like stuff like "For Christmas someone bought me some pyjamas with pockets in them.  Which is cool, because I used to have to hold stuff when I slept".

Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
« Reply #70 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 05:08:49 AM »

I love Demetri Martin.  There's a fair bit on YouTube I think, that's how I became familiar with him.

I like stuff like "For Christmas someone bought me some pyjamas with pockets in them.  Which is cool, because I used to have to hold stuff when I slept".

Class, i don't know anybody else who like him. Yeah this is some on youtube but there used to be loads more though, a lot has been removed due to copyright or something.

Guitar stuff is pretty cool aswell, that's wear thr pyjama thing is from.  :lol:

Interpolic

• Drossbot 5000
« Reply #71 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 05:20:09 AM »

Class, i don't know anybody else who like him. Yeah this is some on youtube but there used to be loads more though, a lot has been removed due to copyright or something.

Guitar stuff is pretty cool aswell, that's wear thr pyjama thing is from.  :lol:

Aha, that'll be why then - I watched his stuff on YouTube a couple of years ago I think.  I love the guitar stuff, and I love the visual stuff he does with graphs, etc.  He had a proper show on in America - it's on my computer somewhere and I watched a couple.  I wasn't that impressed as a lot of it seemed re-hashed from his stand-up and I'd seen nearly all of the stand-up stuff, but I mean to watch the rest of the show at some point and I think he's a big talent.  Some of his jokes are really, really clever.

Anyway, off to bed, laters.

Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 04:48:25 PM »

Aha, that'll be why then - I watched his stuff on YouTube a couple of years ago I think.  I love the guitar stuff, and I love the visual stuff he does with graphs, etc.  He had a proper show on in America - it's on my computer somewhere and I watched a couple.  I wasn't that impressed as a lot of it seemed re-hashed from his stand-up and I'd seen nearly all of the stand-up stuff, but I mean to watch the rest of the show at some point and I think he's a big talent.  Some of his jokes are really, really clever.

Anyway, off to bed, laters.

Nice one, you'll probably be able to tell me what show the stuff on the flipchart is on where he talks about men fighting men with pillows=gay, man fighting pillow=crazy etc. :lol:

Heneage

« Reply #73 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 05:09:31 PM »
Well I've just fallen in love with you two, he's one of my favourite comedians knocking about, his piece with lots of one liners, about naming 'Oranges before Carrotts' and 'Super Busy Hospital.' Just have me in tears.

Jaqen H'ghar

• TPFKA Phil Mitchell
« Reply #74 on: Thursday 24 December 2009, 05:14:37 PM »
Well I've just fallen in love with you two, he's one of my favourite comedians knocking about, his piece with lots of one liners, about naming 'Oranges before Carrotts' and 'Super Busy Hospital.' Just have me in tears.

Is super busy hospital the computer game ?