Author Topic: Your football pet hates  (Read 354993 times)

Re: Your football pet hates
« Reply #6400 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
Commentator towards the end of the Arsenal v Leicester game yesterday  "Don't forget that Tottenham and United don't get going until Sunday" referring to Manchester United.
What a c***. Hope he dies.
Mikky Merino is world class.

Tomato Deuce

• Book Wanker
« Reply #6401 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
Commentator towards the end of the Arsenal v Leicester game yesterday  "Don't forget that Tottenham and United don't get going until Sunday" referring to Manchester United.
What a c***. Hope he dies.

:lol:

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #6402 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 07:01:38 PM »
That fact that nobody understands the handball rule is f***ing annoying. Just in the Brighton game... "he didn't do it deliberately but it's a penalty".

« Reply #6403 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 07:03:13 PM »
That fact that nobody understands the handball rule is f***ing annoying. Just in the Brighton game... "he didn't do it deliberately but it's a penalty".

Aye.

« Reply #6404 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 09:45:26 PM »
Decisions which nobody (including the referee and opposition players) see during real play but following slow motion replays, the foul is spotted and there is uproar about the officiating and how a team has been 'robbed'.

e.g. the Arsenal-Leicester game yesterday, with Ozil's handball.
Newcastle United - Relegated 20 August 2017.

« Reply #6405 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 09:50:26 PM »
Decisions which nobody (including the referee and opposition players) see during real play but following slow motion replays, the foul is spotted and there is uproar about the officiating and how a team has been 'robbed'.

TV justifying themselves. It's so f***ing irritating like. I'm with you 100%

« Reply #6406 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 10:07:16 PM »
Pundits who dont have a clue about the game beyond the Premier League and even then its questionable.

« Reply #6407 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 10:08:49 PM »

Oh yeah that's f***ing infuriating.

Tiresias

• #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #6408 on: Saturday 12 August 2017, 10:18:05 PM »
When it comes down to it if there is doubt in real time it's much better for the ref to give the benefit of the doubt and allow goals to stand and not break up the passage of play too much. I think there is room for video replays to clear up major issues in games, (albeit currently tested implementation seemed way clumsy) but agree totally minor incidents happen. If no-one spotted it during the match and if it wasn't deliberate foul play it feels petty.
“The game is run by spivs, chancers and gangsters, it’s played by morons and it’s watched by cretins”

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #6409 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:18:27 AM »
Again crap analysis. Ian Wright on one of Huddersfields goals slating Tomkins  "He has got to get across" when there's another Huddersfield player coming in behind and if he comes across, like Wright says, and the ball gets played to the one in behind, Wright would then say "Tomkins came over for to early etc etc". It's bare basics and the screenshots prove they are talking crap.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

« Reply #6410 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:30:05 AM »
I have to admit that a lot of the time it's the chemistry between Linekar, Shearer, and Wright that I enjoy. A great deal of the time in the analysis it's just say what you see.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Disco

• Me watching Isaac Hayden
« Reply #6411 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:32:13 AM »
People who spell Gary Lineker's name incorrectly :bluestar:

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #6412 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:34:41 AM »
I have to admit that a lot of the time it's the chemistry between Linekar, Shearer, and Wright that I enjoy. A great deal of the time in the analysis it's just say what you see.

Yeah I get that and Shearers analysis is usually OK, just think Wrights tactical analysis is too often like Alan Hansens used to be......crap when actually looked at using their own examples.
Bullshitters misrepresent themselves to their audience not as liars do, that is, by deliberately making false claims about what is true. In fact, bullshit need not be untrue at all.

Rather, bullshitters seek to convey a certain impression of themselves without being concerned about whether anything at all is true. They quietly change the rules governing their end of the conversation so that claims about truth and falsity are irrelevant.

« Reply #6413 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:36:33 AM »
People who spell Gary Lineker's name incorrectly :bluestar:
[emoji38] My spelling's gone to s*** recently. Always double bluff myself with Lineker.
{o,o}
|)__)
-“-“-

Tiresias

• #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #6414 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:36:46 AM »
When it comes down to it if there is doubt in real time it's much better for the ref to give the benefit of the doubt and allow goals to stand and not break up the passage of play too much. I think there is room for video replays to clear up major issues in games, (albeit currently tested implementation seemed way clumsy) but agree totally minor incidents happen. If no-one spotted it during the match and if it wasn't deliberate foul play it feels petty.

Having now seen the Ozil handball 'controversy' can I add calling out missed fouls as being controversial despite there being like 10 passes, a corner and 5 good chances for a defence to clear a ball anyway after said controversy. Sorry if something happens directly after a foul is missed, sure super frustrating. If 5 minutes later there's a f***ing goal it's not the fault of the ref.
“The game is run by spivs, chancers and gangsters, it’s played by morons and it’s watched by cretins”

madras

• Philosoraptor
« Reply #6415 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 12:39:22 AM »

Having now seen the Ozil handball 'controversy' can I add calling out missed fouls as being controversial despite there being like 10 passes, a corner and 5 good chances for a defence to clear a ball anyway after said controversy. Sorry if something happens directly after a foul is missed, sure super frustrating. If 5 minutes later there's a f***ing goal it's not the fault of the ref.
It's just basically the media creating talking points because they have a lot of time/space to fill.

Tiresias

• #TeamBenArfa
« Reply #6416 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 01:02:08 AM »
yea

« Reply #6417 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 09:55:52 AM »
Ian Wright.  Easily one of the thickest and most ignorant pundits on telly.  He's got literally zero knowledge of any clubs apart from Arsenal and Palace, where he refers to alot of the players by their first names as if he's best mates with them all.  Last night he was doing some "analysis" on the Palace Huddersfield game and referred to one of the players as "the Huddersfield player" - is it not your job to know the names of players like you bellend?  Then a few seconds later he commented something about Middlesbrough, assuming he meant Huddersfield but i guess all of us Norvern Monkey clubs are all the same so it doesn't matter what u call them eh Wrighty?  Also, for a guy who was a brilliant striker in his day, he offers no decent tactical insight at all.  It's actually embarrassing that this guy has landed such good gigs on the telly.

« Reply #6418 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:12:58 AM »
Ian Wright started out as some kind of latter day Kris Akabusi excitable comedic figure. He's now gone serious and I'm not sure which of the two personas infuriates me more.

« Reply #6419 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:15:00 AM »
Again crap analysis. Ian Wright on one of Huddersfields goals slating Tomkins  "He has got to get across" when there's another Huddersfield player coming in behind and if he comes across, like Wright says, and the ball gets played to the one in behind, Wright would then say "Tomkins came over for to early etc etc". It's bare basics and the screenshots prove they are talking crap.

If you're looking for decent analysis, MOTD is probably not the place for you tbh. :lol:

They are all nigh on clueless.

triggs

• eirenufcfan
  • I've had my fun and that's all that matters
« Reply #6420 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:17:21 AM »
Shearer is pretty good when he's analysing a game he's just watched. It's impossible to analyse 7 games well on the same night with only a few hours to prepare
"Lots of young fellas runnin' around in shorts, that's the kind of think you like looking at, and I bet you like that too, only you're probably imagining what they'd look like without shorts, you're sitting there imagining that with a big smile on your face, ya dirty fecker"

« Reply #6421 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:21:40 AM »
Dunno how i missed this before i posted about Wright but yeah i totally agree.  It seemed like he was criticizing just for the sake of it, or because he had nothing else worthwhile to say.  Says it all really he's total garbage.

Beren

• Administrator
  • Amazing shoes
« Reply #6422 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:21:52 AM »
Shearer is pretty good when he's analysing a game he's just watched. It's impossible to analyse 7 games well on the same night with only a few hours to prepare

That's fair enough but I think the point with Wright is, the basic underlying foundation of knowledge which ought to underpin his analysis is absent. Shearer wasn't great to begin with but you get the impression he works hard at it and he's improved a lot IMO. Wright is phoning it in.

« Reply #6423 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:26:17 AM »
I think Shearer was rubbish at first but has definitely improved over the years and is fairly decent now.  I like how brutal he is with players who are just going through the motions aswell, it's the kind of things that fans notice but a lot of pundits ignore unless they've got an affiliation with the club.

« Reply #6424 on: Sunday 13 August 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
I think Shearer was rubbish at first but has definitely improved over the years and is fairly decent now.  I like how brutal he is with players who are just going through the motions aswell, it's the kind of things that fans notice but a lot of pundits ignore unless they've got an affiliation with the club.

Agree with that.