Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Newcastle flop Xisco deliberately 'stopped playing' to force move away from club

By Brian McNally

Newcastle flop Xisco has admitted he stopped playing to end his Tyneside nightmare and engineer a loan move back to Spain.

The £5.7million striker has signed a season-long deal with Racing Santander after making just three league starts for Newcastle.

But his confession will enrage the Toon Army.

Table-topping Newcastle had just one fit striker – teenage rookie Nile Ranger – for their 1-0 win over Leicester after Xisco said he had a groin injury.

But after signing for Santander last Monday Xisco, 23, was able to do full training on Wednesday.

Xisco said: “After a difficult first year in Newcastle, this year seemed it was going to be more of the same and a good time to leave. I even stopped playing in the last few days to force my exit.”

Xisco’s comments almost certainly ensure his career at St James’ Park is over.

He added: “If they hadn’t accepted the loan at Santander, I would have regarded my situation at Newcastle as hopeless.”

Newcastle have added out-of-favour Sunderland’s Northern Ireland striker David Healy to their list of possible loan targets.

Nevermind loaning him out, they shoulda sacked the f***er.

then we wouldn't get any possible transfer fee. a position first worked out, to my knowledge by pierre van hoojadonk (and if that spelling is correct it ir fantakka as it's totally off the top of me nappa)

Can't fault him. Not his fault he was signed here by the old regime. Now he isn't going anywhere here and wants to go back to get his career on track.

People who are lynching him are out of their minds, put yourselves in his situation and tell me you wouldn't do the same.

Not like Luque or Marcelino who stayed for the payday, he actually wants to play.

Good luck Xisco  :clap2:

Can't fault him. Not his fault he was signed here by the old regime. Now he isn't going anywhere here and wants to go back to get his career on track.

People who are lynching him are out of their minds, put yourselves in his situation and tell me you wouldn't do the same.

Not like Luque or Marcelino who stayed for the payday, he actually wants to play.

absolute hogwash of the highest order.

if you sign a contract you stick to it if you expect the other to stick to their side. lets say he was shit, would he have admitted it and said, "nah sorry newcastle, i've been shit, you shou;ld be well within your rights to slash my pay"...but no it doesn't work that way. the club have to pay him as per contract regardless of performance...he shouls fulfill his side of the contract likewise.

if you sign a contract you stick to it if you expect the other to stick to their side. lets say he was s***, would he have admitted it and said, "nah sorry newcastle, i've been s***, you shou;ld be well within your rights to slash my pay"...but no it doesn't work that way. the club have to pay him as per contract regardless of performance...he shouls fulfill his side of the contract likewise.

So what would you like him to have done then.

if you sign a contract you stick to it if you expect the other to stick to their side. lets say he was s***, would he have admitted it and said, "nah sorry newcastle, i've been s***, you shou;ld be well within your rights to slash my pay"...but no it doesn't work that way. the club have to pay him as per contract regardless of performance...he shouls fulfill his side of the contract likewise.

Have a guess.

fulfill his contract and if he doesn't like it go through the official channels with a written transfer request.

fulfill his contract and if he doesn't like it go through the official channels with a written transfer request.

Signs for a foreign club with the prospect of playing Champions League Football (that's what they told Enrique at least), a decent Spanish Under 21 International, turns up and the manager is wondering why one of the ball boys is wearing a training kit. He got shafted from the word go. It cannot be assumed he's a slacker, he's good enough to play for his country at U21 but not at relegated Newcastle. 

The fact the top brass were trying to flog every one of our squad and he didn't go obviously tells you that no-one wanted him back after his year out. It would have been safe to assume on his part that a Spanish side would come in for him. No-one did and he thought his career was over.

Don't know why people are being so harsh on him. It'd be far worse if he insisted on rotting in the reserves.

Signs for a foreign club with the prospect of playing Champions League Football (that's what they told Enrique at least), a decent Spanish Under 21 International, turns up and the manager is wondering why one of the ball boys is wearing a training kit. He got shafted from the word go. It cannot be assumed he's a slacker, he's good enough to play for his country at U21 but not at relegated Newcastle. 

The fact the top brass were trying to flog every one of our squad and he didn't go obviously tells you that no-one wanted him back after his year out. It would have been safe to assume on his part that a Spanish side would come in for him. No-one did and he thought his career was over.

Don't know why people are being so harsh on him. It'd be far worse if he insisted on rotting in the reserves.

he shouldn't be insisting on the reserves . he should be doing his all to get a regular place or putting in a  transfer request. if players want clubs to uphold their side of contracts then they have to do likewise. sooner or later players will be in for a shock when a club "does" a player over it.

he shouldn't be insisting on the reserves . he should be doing his all to get a regular place or putting in a  transfer request. if players want clubs to uphold their side of contracts then they have to do likewise. sooner or later players will be in for a shock when a club "does" a player over it.

Look I'm not here to score points in a petty forum squabble, but you cannot assume that he wasn't doing just that. IF he wasn't then I'm sure he'd be sent packing by whoever was running the club/team at the time last January, let alone this transfer window.