Will Ashley lose financially from sale of NUFC?

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Not being party to all the finances, I am just second guessing, but if Ashley bought the club for £134m and loaned us £100m to clear debts, which it is reported he wants repaid by the next owners over an agreed period, and if he gets £100m from the sale and added on to that the two to three seasons where transfers have produced a profit, and then add on the Sky tv money.  Has he lost any thing at all, or will he actually be in profit?

Not being party to all the finances, I am just second guessing, but if Ashley bought the club for £134m and loaned us £100m to clear debts, which it is reported he wants repaid by the next owners over an agreed period, and if he gets £100m from the sale and added on to that the two to three seasons where transfers have produced a profit, and then add on the Sky tv money.  Has he lost any thing at all, or will he actually be in profit?

he didn't pocket the monies from incoming transfers or sky tv money. they went into the clubs accounts which when added to all the other incomings wetre still some way short of covering all the outgoings.

Guest Brazilianbob

He still won't be out of pocket by much though, if and when the sale does go through.

He still won't be out of pocket by much though, if and when the sale does go through.

Not enough for how much he's fuked up. Reckon he'll get away with a £50m loss if he can scrape the £100m asking price and to keep his £100m loan.

depends if he gets the loan back. can't see anyone paying 100mill,paying back a 100mill loan and a 35mill overdraft for a championship club.

I FUCKING HOPE SO

just like to add to this; I HOPE HE LOSES EVERYTHING AND HIM, HIS WIFE AND CHILDREN END UP FLIPPING MY BURGERS THE FUCKING CUNT

He's divorced isn't he?

I bet he isn't writing off that £100m loan though, so we'll be paying him for a while

thats the killer question.......can't see him wanting to write off 100mill but cant see anyone paying 100mill up front,plus the loan,plus the overdraft.

edit. i have to say thati think the loan wil be wrote off as it is the only way he'll get shot of the club,also if he wanted it paid back 200mill would be the mgic figure not 100mill.

What do you mean 'claim the loss' though? Limited company owners only pay tax on their profits, so if you don't make any money you don't pay tax, right? Seems fair enough to me.

And if he sells the asset for less than he paid then he won't have any capital gains either. But he won't be happy, because the only way to avoid tax is to lose money anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

What do you mean 'claim the loss' though? Limited company owners only pay tax on their profits, so if you don't make any money you don't pay tax, right? Seems fair enough to me.

And if he sells the asset for less than he paid then he won't have any capital gains either. But he won't be happy, because the only way to avoid tax is to lose money anyway.

You can carry a loss back as well as forward so technically he could use it to gain a repayment from previous years.

I don't know what taxation system  is in England but could he claim the loss on his tax bill at the end of the financial year?.

Hmm - the club will have tax losses that it can use against future profits. Anyone who buys the club gets those tax losses but they can only be used against profits from the same business and not generally against profits from other businesses. So in short - the tax losses can't leave the club.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If he hasn't lost anything from Newcastle United, he'll have been hurt else where. His business reputation has been tarred now, so he'll find it harder to gain investors trust/backing if he has any new business ventures. Sales at Sports Soccer World or whichever one he owns will have been hit in the North-East... well Newcastle... too.

Like I say I don't know what the Taxation system is like in England.

christ, this really is a new low for the anti-Ashley propaganda machine. Please tell me this is a wind-up?

No-one comes away from this in a good way, the NUFC car crash has tainted all.

Ashley is the biggest loser of them all, after the fans.

Guest neesy111

he will lost around 150 million, any fan that says he was here to make a profit the evidence and facts prove he's had to put more money in just to keep the club afloat