Author Topic: The Car Thread  (Read 214201 times)

Dave

• Administrator
Re: The Car Thread
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 07:23:18 PM »
:laugh: :thup:

« Reply #27 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:18:34 PM »
I hate MTV Cribs when you see some American rapper you've never heard of taking his Lamborghini LP640 to the local crap car accessories place and filling it with DVD players, disco balls, Sat Nav, etc and making a super light track car a fat junk mobile.

I preferred what Top Gear did to that Lada.
A 1996 Lada  given a £100,000 makeover by Lotus cars of Norfolk, all courtesy of the BBC TV series Top Gear. Modifications made were sports lowered and much stiffened suspension, bilstein dampers, sports brakes, unique paint and decals, specially trimmed OMP racing seats with interior specially tailored to match, Momo steering wheel, big fat BBS alloy wheels with Yokohama track tyres. The engine is a Fiat 2 litre twin cam engine that has been stage 2 race tuned by renowned race engineer Guy Croft, and coupled to a fiat 131 five speed box via a race clutch. it develops approximately 180bhp at 5,000 RPM, is capable of 0-60 in about 7 seconds and has a top speed of 135mph.
Thier is not a word. "Their" is the correct spelling.

Win, Lose or Draw. NOT "Loose"!

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
That the S or the R Dave? My lass just got a Civic. Can't believe they insured her on it!

« Reply #29 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:58:53 PM »
That the S or the R Dave? My lass just got a Civic. Can't believe they insured her on it!
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 08:59:21 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

:thup:

About £800 for my insurance.

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:00:24 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

I know plenty of S drivers with the badge tbh ;)

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:03:04 PM »
Now:

After the summer holidays:

Good choice :D

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:03:06 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

Is that possible on the new shape Civic? The grille is totally different on the Type-R.

« Reply #34 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:03:45 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

Is that possible on the new shape Civic? The grille is totally different on the Type-R.

Anoraks.

« Reply #35 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:04:51 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

It should be illegal. I also hate BMW drivers who have 'M' badges on their 1.6 or 1.8 litre cars.

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:05:31 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

It's exactly the same. You just need to change the whole of the middle bit for a grille. Identical shape though.

Stephen927

« Reply #37 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:07:20 PM »
This thread is making me feel really dissatisfied with my car btw. Another 2 years then I get a new one, probably another Fiesta.

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:08:27 PM »
This thread is making me feel really dissatisfied with my car btw. Another 2 years then I get a new one, probably another Fiesta.

I've just crippled mysef to get one, purely because my girlfriend was buying a new car, and I didn't want hers to be better than mine.

Stupid eh ;)

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

It's exactly the same. You just need to change the whole of the middle bit for a grille. Identical shape though.

That's incredibly sad. :lol:

Stephen927

« Reply #40 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:10:57 PM »

I've just crippled mysef to get one, purely because my girlfriend was buying a new car, and I didn't want hers to be better than mine.

Stupid eh ;)

The man should have the better car tbh. Would just be wrong otherwise.

;)

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #41 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
Red Honda badge = Type R

I assume it's the GT.

That's incredibly sad. :lol:

http://boxedmind.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/civic_type_s_2007_1.jpg

It's only like putting body kits on tbh. Agree with the point about sticking a BMW mIII badge on a 1.8 by the way, although BMW sell pretty much all of the mIII kit and interior seperately anyway.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:13:40 PM »
Putting the red badge on a non-R is just the same IMO. Still claiming the car is something it's not.

Shearergol

• The Dirty Pitchers
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
Putting the red badge on a non-R is just the same IMO.

I know, that's the point I'm making ;)

« Reply #44 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:23:07 PM »
May as well stick a Ferrari badge on a Fiat.

BMW cheapen the 'M' badge by selling the 'M' badge and body kit as an optional extra.

I always liked the previous Civic Type R. Had about 3 test drives in it. It was good but I was doing 70 mph in third gear before I even got into the V-tec zone. I was stunned to see Honda charge £125 to add the 'Type R' badges to the sides of the new model.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:25:35 PM »
Haha, I didn't get those because of the ludicrous cost. They're stickers ffs. I think they look a bit tacky anyway, you don't need to advertise the fact it's a Type-R that much.

Tbh the previous model is much more highly regarded than mine, but I don't care. VTEC ftw.

Chrissy Bee

• Nee No Quarter
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:30:20 PM »
Haha, I didn't get those because of the ludicrous cost. They're stickers ffs. I think they look a bit tacky anyway, you don't need to advertise the fact it's a Type-R that much.

Tbh the previous model is much more highly regarded than mine, but I don't care. VTEC ftw.

I know the fact that Clarkson hated on it hurts you inside.

It is quite a sexy car (it looked amazing when it came out) but it's a big car compared to the older ones isn't it? I thought about it but I think that like the Golf it's too big for me.

« Reply #47 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:31:06 PM »

The Red light in the driver footwell looked a good option until I saw the cost!

The 'Type R' transfers on the sides look good on the Black cars. Red on Red doesn't work as well.

You have to ring the VTEC's neck which is great fun but if it doesn't kick in until over 70 mph in third that's lose licence danger zone.

He did but in the Top Gear Magazine The Stig chose the Type R as his favourite from all the current hot hatches.

Dave

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:33:20 PM »

It is quite a sexy car (it looked amazing when it came out) but it's a big car compared to the older ones isn't it? I thought about it but I think that like the Golf it's too big for me.

It is bigger aye, not massively so though. Seems most cars get bigger and bigger on model relaunches, I don't know why. Probably to fit in more safety and convenience features.

« Reply #49 on: Thursday 7 May 2009, 09:35:52 PM »
Cant post pictures, but im feeling very tempted by a Nissan pathfinder.