Author Topic: The Recipe Thread  (Read 3262 times)

Crumpy Gunt

• www.ToonAway.co.uk - Book Online.
Re: The Recipe Thread
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 01:53:58 AM »
Omelettes are solid to make, anyone got any tips?

A good (probably expensive) none stick pan.

I've just got a new one, fiver from Tesco. I guess not good enough?  :lol:

Everyone says high heat, but it just doesn't work for me.

Got 6 eggs going out of date tomorrow, so guess i can practise.

You don;'t want high heat except to give the pan an initial blast. I'd say don't use too many eggs. 8" pan a couple of eggs 10" use 3.
Add your butter to hot pan. swirl so whole base and edges get a coating. Chuck eggs in and let fry gently for 30 seconds then pull the edges in towards the centre gently tip pan so liquid egg fills the space where the egg is pulled in. BE PATIENT and repeat the process until you have just a little bit raw egg on top then either flip it or fold it. Folding it will allow the residual heat to cook it out leaving a generally softer omellete.

If you want a filling then pre cook the filling (or just sprinkle the cheese) and add to ommellette pre fold.

And I said expensive as that generally means better quality which should lasyt you a long time - that is unless you let my lass loose with it!
www.ToonAway.co.uk

The ONLY online secure booking service for away games.

Jill

• is nice, i like
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 01:55:54 AM »
I hate omelettes, but I do like the Saturday Kitchen challenge.  :snod:

« Reply #77 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 01:57:17 AM »

They're one of the first things I learned to cook.

f***ing great advice that is.
Under-21 coach David Platt added: "If Shola recognises what he's got, all hell could break loose."

« Reply #78 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 02:06:44 AM »

:lol: :lol:

You're the sarkiest b****** ever you like Mowen, bloody hell.
Usually things improve, then get worse, then improve again, quite unpredictably.

« Reply #79 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 10:14:47 AM »

I wasn't advising. More showing off my greatness.
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

« Reply #80 on: Saturday 9 January 2010, 12:43:08 PM »
Cider Mustard Pork chops

will need :
approx 175ml cider(use a decent one, not white lightning or strongbow, westons is good, bulmers/magners does the trick as well)
container of double cream
big heaped tea spoon of wholegrain mustard.
Pork chops(de-boned is poss)
Garlic oil

Method :
place pork chops between 2 sheets of clingfilm, and bash slightly with a rolling pin. You do this to try and thin them out slight and also to try and tenderise the meat so that it stays juicy.

Heat the oil in a decent frying pan, and fry the pork chops for approx 5 mins either side.
Take the chops out and put on a heated plate or in a slightly warmed oven(just to keep the chops from getting cold, but its not a train smash if this is too much hassle)
with the pan still over the heat of the hob, put the cider in the pan and allow it to cook off a little
add in the grain mustard and cream and give it a good stir round so its all mixed in nicely
allow it to heat through for a few mins.

This is good served with either fresh gnocci(which you can get from asda) or with mashed potato.
if you didn't keep your chops in a warm spot you could whack them back in the pan with the sauce while your doing the mash just to heat through again.

« Reply #81 on: Sunday 10 January 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
Pea and Mint Soup.

3 shallots and two sticks of celery, sliced, sweat over a low heat for 10/15 minutes in a little butter.
About 500ml veg stock, pan, boil, add about 400g frozen peas until cooked, few minutes.
Add shallots and celery.
Roughly shop a good handful of mint, add to other ingredients.
Blend.
Season to taste.

Drizzle a little cream in once in the bowl, add some parmesan shavings or a poached egg if you can be arsed.

Or don't bother and it still make a really nice soup full of flavour and a piece of p*ss to make.

ZeRoE

• Keep watching, but it will never happen!
« Reply #82 on: Friday 7 May 2010, 08:00:09 PM »
My own Personal Chilli Recipe.

You need;

500g Steak Mince,
2 Peppers - Deseeded and Diced
1 Large Onion - Peeled and Diced
4 Garlic Cloves - Crushed
15g Schwarz Mild Chilli Powder (For Flavour)
1tsp Hot Chilli Powder (For Heat)
300ml Beef Stock,
2 Tins of chopped tomatoes,
1 Tin of Kidney beans (Drained)

1. Brown the mince
2. Once mince is browned, add the diced peppers, onion and garlic and fry on a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
3. After 10 minutes, Add the beef stock, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and all the chilli powder. Bring to the boil, then simmer stirring frequently for 30 minutes.
4. Serve with rice or however you'd like.

Try it, it's f***ing lovely :D

Let me know what you think  O0

« Reply #83 on: Thursday 28 November 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

SanToon

• Oaf
  • Newcastle first, forum Reds second.
« Reply #84 on: Thursday 28 November 2013, 09:12:58 PM »
Wanted to find this purely as I got some ridiculously nice gourmet veggie/vegan burgers from the Kingston park Tesco. For all the veggies on the board get on them, in the small health food shop type thing by the entrance proper :megusta:

« Reply #85 on: Friday 29 November 2013, 07:41:52 AM »
Where's the recipe then? :lol:
"Elsewhere, at worst, modern commercial football could be seen as the mall rather than the circus; insidiously bland, decaffeinated and pre-packed, its relentless formulaic repetition an instrument for disabling consciousness rather than manipulating it."

David Goldblatt

Ketsbaia

• Team Yes!
« Reply #86 on: Sunday 1 December 2013, 09:01:03 PM »
Any painfully simple recipes for those that can't cook but want to impress? My first thought was paella but I'm open to ideas.

Cheers marras!

« Reply #87 on: Monday 2 December 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
You don;'t want high heat except to give the pan an initial blast. I'd say don't use too many eggs. 8" pan a couple of eggs 10" use 3.
Add your butter to hot pan. swirl so whole base and edges get a coating. Chuck eggs in and let fry gently for 30 seconds then pull the edges in towards the centre gently tip pan so liquid egg fills the space where the egg is pulled in. BE PATIENT and repeat the process until you have just a little bit raw egg on top then either flip it or fold it. Folding it will allow the residual heat to cook it out leaving a generally softer omelette.

i stumbled on this exact method recently and it's ace, game changer, love making omlettes now and they take about 2 minutes prep :thup:
I made it my quest to seek out and listen to all the great British bands from years gone by to see for myself. What I found was that although all these other legendary British bands were f***ing great, the difference was that they had in my opinion nowhere near the quantity of good songs that Oasis have. Even the Beatles.