Author Topic: New York  (Read 31238 times)

Re: New York
« Reply #875 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:28:15 PM »
goto new york and spend 2 hours waiting in line for tickets for some s*** you didn't want to see :fwap:
Newcastle Online Safe For Work CSS
Last Updated Apr 29, 2016

« Reply #876 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:38:40 PM »
Going back for the first time in ten years this fall. Didn't even leave Manhattan last time, so pretty excited. Going to catch a few museums but otherwise stay away from tourist traps

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
  • You can't holt the Colts.
« Reply #877 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:44:18 PM »
goto new york and spend 2 hours waiting in line for tickets for some s*** you didn't want to see :fwap:

Would you happen to know how much a Giants or Jets game would set you back? Preferably a Giants game for dat OBJ.
14-2 for the Colts this season. I can feel it.

« Reply #878 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:48:36 PM »
Looks like you'd have to Stubhub them. $110 seems to be as cheap as they get for UUUUUPPPER Endzone tix.

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
« Reply #879 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:50:06 PM »
Looks like you'd have to Stubhub them. $110 seems to be as cheap as they get for UUUUUPPPER Endzone tix.

:anguish:

« Reply #880 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:51:10 PM »
You don't want to go to an NFL game anyway. Just find a good bar for it.

« Reply #881 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:51:32 PM »
Or maybe goto a college game if they've got any decent teams.

Rutgers?

Ian W

• plus d'argent, plus de problemes
« Reply #882 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 01:58:38 PM »
I'd definitely like to see an NFL game live, and NBA. Always ended up in America in the off season.

« Reply #883 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 02:04:44 PM »
You'll get tickets to the Sixers no problem.

Froggy

• Ok at Rocket League
« Reply #884 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 02:07:41 PM »

It's just for the experience. Chances are I'll not get to one again. Seems a waste to not do it while I'm there. Have heard (possibly from you), that there's a lot of dickheads at football games and a lot of standing about doing f*** all. :lol:

B-more Mag

• Chicken-fried steak personified
« Reply #885 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 02:14:05 PM »

It's just for the experience. Chances are I'll not get to one again. Seems a waste to not do it while I'm there. Have heard (possibly from you), that there's a lot of dickheads at football games and a lot of standing about doing f*** all. :lol:

Yeah, knowing what you're walking into and doing it just for the experience is fine. It's more of an issue for people who think that they're going to go and get a good view of what's happening on the field and really be able to pay attention that are in for a shock.

Disco

• Me reading your posts
« Reply #886 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 03:41:36 PM »
You allowed to drink in your seat at NFL?

« Reply #887 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 03:43:57 PM »
Yes

Selling beer and food is the main reason they let people into the stadium.

B-more Mag

• Chicken-fried steak personified
« Reply #888 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
Vomiting in your seat is also allowed.

« Reply #889 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 06:29:31 PM »

Having been to a Giants game I can say apart from the tailgating it was the worst American sports experience I've had, the usual replay and commentary during the huddle you see on TV is just silence or some dummers in the stadium filling the void.
LGM

« Reply #890 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 07:03:46 PM »
Selling beer and food is the main reason they let people into the stadium.

:lol:

Too true.
▒▓██ N █ U █ F █ C ██▓▒

Deuce

• Book Wanker
« Reply #891 on: Friday 15 July 2016, 07:16:10 PM »
Football is one of the few sports I prefer to watch on TV than go to an actual game.

Ginola

• David... Arbeit!
« Reply #892 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
Going to New York, Boston and Washington for 10 nights at the start of October. Other than the obvious stuff, any recommendations of places to go/see/do?

« Reply #893 on: Tuesday 6 September 2016, 11:43:20 PM »
When you're in New York there's a secret burger place in Le Meridian Hotel that's worth checking out. If you get inside the hotel and think that there's no possible way you're in the right place, then you're definitely in the right place. It's hidden in some random corner behind a curtain.

If you don't know your whole order by the time you get to the till they send you to the back of the line. It's reminiscent of the soup nazi.

« Reply #894 on: Wednesday 7 September 2016, 03:22:44 PM »
Going to New York, Boston and Washington for 10 nights at the start of October. Other than the obvious stuff, any recommendations of places to go/see/do?

If you're in Boston on Friday 7th, get yourself to a bar called Whiskey Priest. I had one of the best nights of my life in there last year.
They have a live band playing and they're absolutely brilliant

« Reply #895 on: Friday 17 February 2017, 07:05:03 AM »
Whats the best way to book a trip to New York? I was there last year but I never booked it. There's 3 of us going in November and at the minute we're looking at £400 each on the flights then find a hotel after that. Is a travel agent better? I'm finding it difficult finding rooms for 3 people even if one is a sofa bed.
“What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.” - Sir Bobby Robson